FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What features do you want to see in the Swag Bag?

Hard to get apps, inverted gapps, etc

61 Vote(s)
70.93%
status bar tweaks, center clock, no clock, etc

56 Vote(s)
65.12%
kernels

45 Vote(s)
52.33%
DTa2sd Stable

27 Vote(s)
31.40%
DTa2sd Beta 4

34 Vote(s)
39.53%

[ROM][LOTK] Deck's ReLoaded .500 RLS [1-31-13]

3,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,675

By jamieg71, Senior Member on 19th May 2012, 05:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2017, 01:07 AM |#6021  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I'm still using my Evo 4g for an entertainment hub, although I'm going to switch to my LG G3 soon (getting a LG V20 as my phone this week).
Will finally be fully retiring my Evo.
Sigh. It was definitely my favorite phone and went thru a lot with me. I took it on major and minor adventures, used it as my computer with HDMI out and Bluetooth Mouse & keyboard, wrote a short novel on it, and much more.

It seems like the state of root has since waned as phones come out more often and root is made harder to achieve.

Decks was and is an awesome ROM. If like to thank all the devs who helped make my phone a treasured part of my life. Before the Evo, i was loathe to even carry a cellphone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Braaainz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Braaainz Ad-Free

10th October 2017, 01:39 AM |#6022  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,176

Donate to Me
More
Yup was a great rom during the OG Evo days

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Notorious Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 03:05 AM |#6023  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaainz

Sigh. It was definitely my favorite phone and went thru a lot with me. I took it on major and minor adventures, used it as my computer with HDMI out and Bluetooth Mouse & keyboard, wrote a short novel on it, and much more.

I hadn't thought of setting one up as a "raspberry pi" like computer setup...

Let me know if you want to get rid of your EVO. I still have mine and still use it at the gym and long trips as a media player. The kickstand and removable (read here SWAPABLE) batteries make it great on long flights (Takes COURAGE to keep a headphone jack!!) and fits great on my arm at the gym and functions as an emergency FM radio in a pinch.

I have bought one more, using it as a Home security monitor. I have:

A sound detector https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sounddetector
Security Camera App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivuu
VOIP dialer that can act as a NATIVE DIALER and provide a calling service.

With that setup, I can place the device in a handy spot.. and set the noise parameters to hit the threshold you want so if the Smoke alarm goes off or a window breaks it will detect the noise and auto dial out to my phone.

I then can check Alfred to see what is going on and decide what I want to do from there!
The Following User Says Thank You to Unidave199 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unidave199 Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 04:27 AM |#6024  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidave199

I hadn't thought of setting one up as a "raspberry pi" like computer setup...

Let me know if you want to get rid of your EVO. I still have mine and still use it at the gym and long trips as a media player. The kickstand and removable (read here SWAPABLE) batteries make it great on long flights (Takes COURAGE to keep a headphone jack!!) and fits great on my arm at the gym and functions as an emergency FM radio in a pinch.

I have bought one more, using it as a Home security monitor. I have:

A sound detector https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sounddetector
Security Camera App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivuu
VOIP dialer that can act as a NATIVE DIALER and provide a calling service.

With that setup, I can place the device in a handy spot.. and set the noise parameters to hit the threshold you want so if the Smoke alarm goes off or a window breaks it will detect the noise and auto dial out to my phone.

I then can check Alfred to see what is going on and decide what I want to do from there!

Nice! I'll check those apps out.
I'm afraid I still love the old phone too much to sell.
I also totally agree about the battery.
I wish we could have such an easily modded phone with so many features again.
I've been trying fruitlessly to root my new LG v20 without success. It's only one year old and devs have moved on... And there was barely any other roms to try.
18th February 2019, 07:10 PM |#6025  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It's 2019 and I just pulled out my good ol' EVO. Anyone still have a working link to this awesome rom? Much appreciated!
8th March 2019, 02:21 AM |#6026  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoix

It's 2019 and I just pulled out my good ol' EVO. Anyone still have a working link to this awesome rom? Much appreciated!

Hey, bud. Just saw this.
I hope it's cool with Jamie and Rope, I'm throwing it up on a Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eu...nrs4CzC24HGeCW

This is the most recent one I had.
(While I may have won the chicken dinner for post #5000, I never did get around to getting that .50 BMG preview that had been offered... Sure regret that now!)

Be well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexograff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rexograff Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 06:58 AM |#6027  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexograff

Hey, bud. Just saw this.
I hope it's cool with Jamie and Rope, I'm throwing it up on a Drive.

Thanks a million!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, clyde, fast, pale rider, phillo bedo, reloaded, should be renobbed, the speeds make you want to an hero, what is this im 12, will munny

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)