2014 I'veRooted My N3, Now What?

Search This thread

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
So I search xda and couldn't find anything current.
http://xdaforums.com/sitesearch.php?q=so i'm rooted, now what?

I just rooted my att N3 using Kingo. So now what?

I installed root checker, but that's it.

What do you folks suggest one does with a freshly root N3?

backing up?
removing bloatware?
make the powerful N3 even better?

what things have you rooting pros done with your new N3,
are there "must do" things as well?

I know some of you have really improved your stock N3, what do you suggest one do fresh after rooting?

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
They don't say what the difference is when I click on the $6.58 version and read.
I don't wanna just blindly buy something, what do you like about the paid version?

It has a lot of capabilites but I used it for mostly freezing and backing up apps. I'm sure there's a thread around here about the app and all its capabilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Lots of views, few replies.
(I bet a lot of stock users are looking to this thread for reasons to root :good:)

Keep the ideas coming rooters, I'm ready to customize some thangs - :D

StaticMatt

Jun 25, 2007
California
Spend some time and flash any ROMs that appear interesting till you find one you like. Install Xposed framework and browse through all the modules and look for anything that interests you; Wanam and App Setting are probably the 2 most popular modules and sometimes installed already on custom ROMs.

Reactions: XiphoneUzer

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Spend some time and flash any ROMs that appear interesting till you find one you like. Install Xposed framework and browse through all the modules and look for anything that interests you; Wanam and App Setting are probably the 2 most popular modules and sometimes installed already on custom ROMs.

Thanks for the ideas Matt, where do I find ROMs to look at ?

jbryson16

Jul 9, 2010
Louisville
Welcome to the community! Titanium backup pro is a must if you're going to be romming and modding you're android devices. Custom roms are definitely the way to go especially being new to android modding. There are a few really smart dudes developing great custom roms for the n9005a. They do all the work that you would want done and they're really good at it. I recommend knoxraid by @drakeymcmb. He has been involved with romming this phone since before we had a recovery to flash from. There a bunch of helpful people that follow his thread.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Allows you to freeze apps, and allows for automated restore operations. Well worth the money if you plan on restoring backups across multiple roms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts