May 19, 2006
For the me the program starts but then i get this msg
"ERROR!!
Missing one or more critical files!
Maybe an instalation repair is required."

telemix

May 6, 2005
www.telemix.ru
I too had a similar mistake (Error adding child script: 6!), but after correct uninstall REXX and cleaning of the register, now all is normal. OS Windows XP.
Thanks mestrini. Good work!

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
I too had a similar mistake (Error adding child script: 6!), but after correct uninstall REXX and cleaning of the register, now all is normal. OS Windows XP.
Thanks mestrini. Good work!
ahh. That makes more sense. tx :cool:
exactly

the program doesnt start at all
That probably happens because it's the old REXX interpreter version that is trying to run the script. Try to clean registry as telemix did or install WST old version and uninstall REXX via Control Panel

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
For the me the program starts but then i get this msg
"ERROR!!
Missing one or more critical files!
Maybe an instalation repair is required."
That shouldn't happen if the installation gave no errors as all the needed files are uncompressed upon installation :confused:

Uninstall and delete WST folder if it wasn't deleted from Program Files' folder. Then install again.

peb1

Jul 17, 2007
Slaný
ipl/spl 2.21

I have G3 (ipl/spl 2.21) and when i do cid unlock, it writes me:

All Done. CID Unlocking is finished and you
can now flash any ROM to your device.

but when I do Read CID block, it writes me:

CID: WIZTMOC5
Phone is CID LOCKED!

somewhere i read, that i must have ipl/spl 1.x, but how to?
sorry my english

starkwong

Feb 9, 2007
yes, you're right.
WST provides the function for unlocking CID, however the limitations still apply because it uses the same technique, so a G3 Wizard with IPL and SPL 1.xx is vital.

To switch IPL and SPL version, read the stickies and use the Button's 1.05 ROM.

mick.j

Dec 12, 2006
West Norfolk
Tried that multiple times and still have the same issue
very strange
The way that I first fixed a similar report was to check the properties for the WST shortcut.
If using the Start menu, mouse to "Wizard Service Tool" shortcut and right click, select properties and select the Shortcut tab if not already selected. Look at the text box with the title "Start in", if installed into the default location it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Wizard Service Tool", if there is another folder in the path e.g. "C:\Program Files\Wizard Service Tool\files" then that may be your problem.
Remove "\files" from the path, click OK and try again.

If using the desktop icon, right click and check as above.

Synseer

May 19, 2006
The way that I first fixed a similar report was to check the properties for the WST shortcut.
If using the Start menu, mouse to "Wizard Service Tool" shortcut and right click, select properties and select the Shortcut tab if not already selected. Look at the text box with the title "Start in", if installed into the default location it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Wizard Service Tool", if there is another folder in the path e.g. "C:\Program Files\Wizard Service Tool\files" then that may be your problem.
Remove "\files" from the path, click OK and try again.

If using the desktop icon, right click and check as above.

Worked perfectly. thanx for the help

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
Worked perfectly. thanx for the help

That is such a weird and annoying bug :mad:
I can't reproduce it and it looks like a lot of other users don't get it too. My feeling is that it's probably bad installer programming (my bad) or a bug in the installer itself.

I think i'll place a link at the start of the thread to the post with the fix by mick.j

cheers

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
When I read the original messages I misunderstood the purpose of WST. I got the idea that I'd be able to copy my current ROM as a backup before I started fiddling (loading WM6).

Having got WST to talk to my device I now find I was mistaken. There doesn't seem to be the option of capturing the whole ROM for use as a backup, so I'm no nearer (except I do have a neat way to interrogate my device now - that's cool!)

So, what do other people do about safeguarding their original setup - or at least making sure they will be able to reload an official ROM if necessary - before trying new ROMs?

Am I just being over-cautious? Does everyone just jump in without thinking about a safety net?

I have done a backup to a blank SD card using mttytools, i keep in a safe.
There's nothing more reliable than flashing from SD card especially when your USB breaks and it need to go to repair as mine had to.
The info can be found in the wizard WIKI.

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
Has anyone tried this software in Vista? I did it but my Wizard was not being detected. Also, can I use this software with other Windows Mobile phones?

- TKN

This software is aimed at Wizard because i have no other to test on. Meaning that when reading or flashing ROM zones the program expects some file sizes that won't come and also patterns that won't match and thus report error messages.

I've noticed by strolling other sections that there are several models that have the DOC chip by M-Systems (same as Wizard) so the RAPI tools from itsme should work the same. Problem is i never got anyone to help me make Wizard Service Tool a HTC-DOC Service Tool :p

cheers

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
Hmmm. But is this software supposed to work with Windows Mobile Center or just Activesync?

- TKN

Only AS; no Vista support from my side.
I'm not a M$ fan and i only migrated to XP 6 months ago :p . Before that i was a long time Windows 2000 customer so i think that Vista will never be for me (migrating to Linux) unless i upgrade Hardware, which won't happen soon.

What other WM phones do you have?

tariq_niazi

Jul 30, 2004
Los Angeles, Pomoma
tkn.gotdns.com
I don't have any other Windows Mobile phones right now. However, while using version 3 of WST with my Wizard yesterday, I was doing CID Read and it told me that my device is not Wizard but I can still continue reading the CID. My CID was already unlocked and last time I did it, it did not give me this message.

But I asked this question because I think WST is a great tool but I wish it was made general for all Windows Mobile phones. I will be migrating from HTC to Eten pretty soon after ETEN Glofiish X800 comes out (maybe tomorrow). I want to use the Extract Extended ROM feature on the ETEN x800.

- TKN

Cooky_Monster

Aug 23, 2007
Pagepool Issue.

Hi there

Well great tool. Thanks for putting every thing there. I like to know about the pagepool issue. Can i change the size of pagepool using this tool. I am using WM6 with IPL/SPL 2.21 and Radio 2.19.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, here you have latest version of my tool :)

I decided to open a new thread because the original one was getting too big (my opinion at least) so if you want to know more about first versions then visit the old thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=295038

EDIT: (2008-04-03)
    I know it's been a while but things kinda busy lately... but here you have released the latest update which includes the changes present in the log below.

Change log:
    v4.2.2 (2008
    -04-03)
    -Added some "Device info" routine error checking;
    -Replaced "Exit" button that was removed in last version (got too used to it);
    -Fixed bugs with non-declared variables;
    -Added possibility to try CID unlocking if IPL and SPL versions differ (IPL 1.xx & SPL >2.xx) due to failed downgrade (which has been proved to work HERE . Thanks Monktrump :D)
    -Changed PagePool routine to allow editing value even if only one pattern is found (tested successfully in "Slim Edition v2.2" and "Snn Edition")

v4.2.1 (2007-10-10)
    -Fixed User Area reading routine for G4 (size is different from G3);
    -Fixed RADIO reading routine for G4 devices (thanks to itsme, once again);
    -Fixed "Device Info" routine to display RADIO values for G4;
    -Fixed "Device Info" HardSPL display info (wasn't showing values);
    -Fixed "DOC has no value" bug;
    -Fixed crash upon canceling 'device detection' routine;
    -Removed "Exit" button because of above bug;

v4.2 (2007
    -10-05)
    -Changed the version's numbering system. WST is no longer beta as someone pointed out so i remove the leading '0';
    -Added HardSPL detection (checks for the string "Olip") for G4 devices;
    -Fixed User Area reading (partition handle recognition wasn't working for G4 devices);
    -Added size and signature check to OS.nb files to be flashed (safer to write OS now!);
    -Improved Write ROM routine to display the progression of OS and Ext_ROM zones writing (no more freez&wait);
    -Fixed a bug in key index (CID) routine that caused errors in key#22;
    -Fixed a bug that was leaving WST process running even after closing program in some occasions;
    -Added a 10MB option to the Poolpage routine;

v0.4.1.0 (2007
    -09-19)
    -Fixed a bug in read/write ROM routines where a variable wasn't initialised properly and would crash program;
    -Restored some commented code that prevented SPL check in CID unlocking routine (didn't check G4 nor G3 SPL 2.xx);
    -Fixed IPL dump from memory to generate an exact copy of an original IPL;
    -Added code to Extended_ROM option to COPY files to HDD (forgot to move code while porting functions);
    -Improved 'PagePool' routine code (more time to read program messages);
    -Added IPL version to "Device Info" routine;
    -Added 'Check nk.nbf' routine (to know what chunks are in a nk.nbf)

v0.4.0.0 (2007
    -09-12)
    -Cleaned up some code and fixed a lot of errors resulting from new REXX interpreter version;
    -WST is now PORTABLE, i.e, no longer requires the install of Reginald interpreter and doesn't write to registry;
    -Replaced the log window (list control) with a text entry to allow selecting and copying the information;
    -Added more info to "Device Info" feature: cleary states if it's a G3 or G4, shows date of SPL, shows name and -visibility status of extended_rom;
    -Removed 'Repair IMEI' section and placed the button in 'General options' (works the same way as previous);
    NOTICE: Thanks to itsme that updated his itsutils it's now possible to change IMEI in G3 without the need to downgrade to 1.xx and also on G4 CID unlocked!!!
    -Eliminated the Extended_ROM window and moved the functions to the main script;
    -Added 'Format ROM' option to ext_rom;
    -Added a patching for the PagePool that doesn't rely on a fixed address (looks for pattern);
    -Added option to read IPL from memory;
    -Fixed the read SPL routine to detect G3 or G4 device (now produces a replica of the SPL.nb);
    -Added an option to read ALL ROM sections at-once and also automatic file naming;
    -Fixed an issue with files being saved with spaces in their names (pdocread limitation, though);

mestrini

PS:
    latest version ZIP already includes the windows DLL (msvcr71.dll) needed by Win2K and XP not up to date...

EDIT:
    I had to remove version 4.2.2 from April 2nd to remove a debugging instruction i forgot and that was crashing WST.
    I didn't change the version number so check if you have latest 4.2.2 from April 3rd!!!

EDIT2: (2008-04-12)
    I removed v4.2.1 as the downloads kept increasing which i assume may be from external linking. This way people weren't getting the latest version :rolleyes: