[DEV STOPPED] Touch The Music - Guitar Hero for Windows Mobile

Search This thread

hanackin

Apr 6, 2008
toulouse
On, the HD, pressing the end key would not exit the game. What i did was to either exit it or to soft reset. Either of which is rather frustrating. But i guess it'll have to suffice for now.

By the way, thanks for clarifying the "sphere" location where we press. However when do we press it? I've notice the the notes disappear before they reach the "sphere" so do we press when the notes reaches the curvy horizontal lines? As for the icon, i tried making it and its 64x64, i replaced the icon in your .exe file and for some reason it didn't work, so i'll guess i'll go try again some time soon. Also, what timezone are you guys in so i'll know approximately when to check this thread for updates.

same for me :(

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
On, the HD, pressing the end key would not exit the game. What i did was to either exit it or to soft reset. Either of which is rather frustrating. But i guess it'll have to suffice for now.

By the way, thanks for clarifying the "sphere" location where we press. However when do we press it? I've notice the the notes disappear before they reach the "sphere" so do we press when the notes reaches the curvy horizontal lines? As for the icon, i tried making it and its 64x64, i replaced the icon in your .exe file and for some reason it didn't work, so i'll guess i'll go try again some time soon. Also, what timezone are you guys in so i'll know approximately when to check this thread for updates.

Yes, the first was a confirmed bug already and I need help finding the mapping of the key. If someone's interested in helping, I'll make a stupid version of the game that pops a message with the keycode when you press a button.

The second seems like a new bug, I must have made a mistake with your resolution. I'll try to fix it and update the cabs. ;)

Edit: Can you check it now, please? Download WVGA

It was a huge bug, I can't believe you didn't notice everything was wrong eheh.
I bet now you're gonna love it :) I also added a key checkbox while in-level, so please press the end key while you're playing and tell me the number you got.

I'm GMT, Floxzie's GMT +1. You can always subscribe to the thread :p

Last edited:

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
yeah, so i had a little bit of free time, so i messed around with your app. :p hopefully you don't mind. So the original graphics were a bit off, the jagged edges and things, i did a few snips here and there and i feel it looks cleaner now.
Also, I did not exactly create a brand new icon, but what i did do was to use the screenshot on the first post in this thread, resized a bit and turned it into an icon. Also, i felt that the startmenu background was a bit dull, so i made a rough one too. Then, i repacked it into the cab file. Oh, one more thing, to reduce the file size and reduce the time i had to wait for this demo to end, I cut off the "non-noted" parts of the song so after the notes stop, it'll just stop and then i can easily quit on my blackstone.

So i'm gonna attach the cab here. And one last thing, if the different res of this game uses the same exe, and if you do find that this icon is better, then i'm quite confident that it'll work for all res since, i've included all diff res of the icon. So on different devices, the correct res of the icon should load.

P.S. Don't let some buggers/aholes get to you (i.e. the spammers and stuffs), I don't wish for this thread to be abandoned like what happened with the blackstone android port.

To any other people (i.e other than the developers) reading my post. I won't make fan-made versions of any other resolution other than WVGA. Sorry.

Last edited:

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
yeah, so i had a little bit of free time, so i messed around with your app. :p hopefully you don't mind. So the original graphics were a bit off, the jagged edges and things, i did a few snips here and there and i feel it looks cleaner now.
Also, I did not exactly create a brand new icon, but what i did do was to use the screenshot on the first post in this thread, resized a bit and turned it into an icon. Also, i felt that the startmenu background was a bit dull, so i made a rough one too. Then, i repacked it into the cab file. Oh, one more thing, to reduce the file size and reduce the time i had to wait for this demo to end, I cut off the "non-noted" parts of the song so after the notes stop, it'll just stop and then i can easily quit on my blackstone.

So i'm gonna attach the cab here. And one last thing, if the different res of this game uses the same exe, and if you do find that this icon is better, then i'm quite confident that it'll work for all res since, i've included all diff res of the icon. So on different devices, the correct res of the icon should load.

P.S. Don't let some buggers/aholes get to you (i.e. the spammers and stuffs), I don't wish for this thread to be abandoned like what happened with the blackstone android port.

To any other people (i.e other than the developers) reading my post. I won't make fan-made versions of any other resolution other than WVGA. Sorry.

Please don't do that, it's kind of insulting to the graphics artist (Floxzie).
I've stated the menu is a placeholder but he's making it all better.

If you want to contribute with graphic knowledge, talk to him via PM and trade some graphics with him, not cabs on the thread ;)

Thank you a lot, though, for all your support! It's those kind of messages that won't make us quit this ;)

Edit: Check the new cab and tell me the keycode by the way :p

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Y

It was a huge bug, I can't believe you didn't notice everything was wrong eheh.
I bet now you're gonna love it :) I also added a key checkbox while in-level, so please press the end key while you're playing and tell me the number you got.

:p

Ok it works perfectly! Very Good!. One problem though, as the notes come towards me they become deviated from the lines, as in they are aligned at first then its not so good as it gets nearer to me.

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Please don't do that, it's kind of insulting to the graphics artist (Floxzie).
I've stated the menu is a placeholder but he's making it all better.

If you want to contribute with graphic knowledge, talk to him via PM and trade some graphics with him, not cabs on the thread ;)

Thank you a lot, though, for all your support! It's those kind of messages that won't make us quit this ;)

Edit: Check the new cab and tell me the keycode by the way :p

Sorry, my bad. Just thought i could contribute. I'll remove the cab. And the keycode is 229

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Ok it works perfectly! Very Good!. One problem though, as the notes come towards me they become deviated from the lines, as in they are aligned at first then its not so good as it gets nearer to me.

They are closer to the center than the strings or closer to the borders of the screen?
Do they start exactly at the high ends of the strings, higher, lower?
Please check the keycode also ;)

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
oh, opps. they appear right at the end of the string.
by the way, the Start and Exit text is missing

Yeah, sorry about that, it's just that I have updated (but not final) buttons on the development version and so I deleted the text code.

The notes thing is strange. Shouldn't be doing that. I'll have to check it out with some time :S If only I had a wvga device...

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Yeah, sorry about that, it's just that I have updated (but not final) buttons on the development version and so I deleted the text code.

The notes thing is strange. Shouldn't be doing that. I'll have to check it out with some time :S If only I had a wvga device...

oh, i thought it was supposed to do that like here are the three strings

/ | \

so aren't they supposed to appear from the top?

Edit: I'm going to be out for 3 hours. So until then, sorry if i can't be here to test. later!

Last edited:

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
oh, i thought it was supposed to do that like here are the three strings

/ | \

so aren't they supposed to appear from the top?

Edit: I'm going to be out for 3 hours. So until then, sorry if i can't be here to test. later!

Lol yes they are supposed to appear on top of the strings.
But they are supposed to follow them, and the code shouldn't be resolution dependent. Can you record it in any way? At least a picture?

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
Some great stuff here. Multitouch does seem to be working- sweet!
On a Fuze I am getting all of the notes coming in the first 30 seconds of the song and then nothing after that. I attached two screen shots- one at the start and one literally 30 seconds later and if I wait nothing happens...music keeps playing but no more notes. Any ideas? thanks again and great work guys.
Also, what are the numbers in the top right corner? Just curious:)

Attachments

• Screen08.jpg
    Screen08.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen09.jpg
    Screen09.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14

Arlanthir

May 2, 2008
Some great stuff here. Multitouch does seem to be working- sweet!
On a Fuze I am getting all of the notes coming in the first 30 seconds of the song and then nothing after that. I attached two screen shots- one at the start and one literally 30 seconds later and if I wait nothing happens...music keeps playing but no more notes. Any ideas? thanks again and great work guys.
Also, what are the numbers in the top right corner? Just curious:)

Yes, I said in the first post the track is incomplete because I don't know if it's too hard for you guys or if you want me to continue it ;)

What do you think? Judging by that 64 score you're having trouble :p

Number on the right corner is a fps (frames per second) counter, it's not an average, so it literally means "if all the frames were displayed at the same speed as this one, how many would there be in a second?".

The new track was mainly to display the upgrade in performance on older phones (more, faster, notes on screen) and multitouch. It seems all went well :)

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Arlanthir, the song is just nice, not too difficult, could you continue with it? that'll be really great. Also, i am getting 18-24 fps on my blackstone, so perhaps game could be optimized further?

Top Liked Posts