[APP][4.0+] EvolveSMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jim256

Nov 26, 2007
Just tried this app for a few minutes. It looks awesome!

Wanted to throw in a few quick feature requests though:
1. The ability to attach something even after beginning to type (don't like that the attach button disappears).
2. The ability to see the time stamp on each individual message if I want.
3. Showing the sent time stamp rather than the received time stamp (don't know if this is already implemented).

Thank you! Keep up the great work :)

lewwy

Jul 30, 2008
Archival process hung up, then the app crashed, now I can't see any of my messages (not even in hangouts)

Why are you archiving messages? Why can't you just leave them alone? Hangouts deals with all the smses on my phone with no dramas.... why change this?

Furiously trying to get all my messages back now...

EDIT: Got my messages back in hangouts, will avoid this app for now.

buckbomb56

Mar 11, 2011
I had the same issue of the archival process hanging, eventually my phone just rebooted. When I opened the app again, it was just a blank screen saying no conversations.

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
While this app is absolutely gorgeous, there's one fatal flaw. I personally have a lot of texts, and apparently, if one has a crap ton of text and the app is no longer in memory, it takes forever to retrieve the texts from the storage. If stock SMS and Hangouts can deal with the amount of texts I have on my device, I fail to see why EvolveSMS cannot do the same. I don't have to wait forever on Hangouts or stock SMS app to retrieve my text and display it in the app so I can use it!

Until this has been fixed, I can't use this beautifully designed app and will resort to Hangouts. Below are screenshots to illustrate my point:
Screenshot_2014_01_21_18_55_39.png
Screenshot_2014_01_21_18_55_53.png

It takes about a full minute or so for my SMS to populate, not sure how texts are handled on EvolveSMS, but from my understanding, it should be improved so that it only loads the last SMS of every contact (on the contact list) and then loads the full SMS thread when the user opens the chat thread. It shouldn't all be loaded all in one go. It doesn't make sense to do it that way.

deltatux

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Cool app, but you should probably answer the question that's been pretty much ignored by you this whole thread.

Is this going to replace sliding messaging? Is that app now obsolete?

are you gonna put google voice integration in this if so your app would be like #1 :p

Here ya go:

With the release of evolveSMS,where does that leave development of this? Seems like a reinvention ?

Tapatyping from my nexus

Just want to add on to this (I purchased the app today for the gvoice support)

• Will evolveSMS have google voice integration?
  • Does this announcement that I dug up affect the google voice integration in sliding messaging pro?

Really liking everything so far.

We will continue the development of sliding messaging

Sliding messaging may or may not be effected, they haven't said anything to us yet. But evolve isn't going to get it, its obvious that Google doesn't want us using it, so we will not

Reactions: klinkdawg24

Coren0327

Jul 24, 2012
Liege
While this app is absolutely gorgeous, there's one fatal flaw. I personally have a lot of texts, and apparently, if one has a crap ton of text and the app is no longer in memory, it takes forever to retrieve the texts from the storage.

Screenshot_2014_01_21_18_55_39.png
Screenshot_2014_01_21_18_55_53.png

It takes about a full minute or so for my SMS to populate

deltatux

I have the same issue I can confirm it. It's very painfull, can't load my conversation quickly sometimes :/

klinkdawg

Jul 13, 2010
Another day, another update. For those of you in the beta program (Google+ Beta), I just put up another update, version 1.10 Beta 2. Quite a bit went into changing the caching images process and how these images are loaded, so you may see better performance, may not. I've never had performance issues so can't really test it myself.

Here's the full changelog:
- Better recycling of header images
- More caching changes for contact images
- Directly delete messages and conversations if archiving is enabled
- MMS message previews in the conversation list when you have summaries enabled
- Ability to open to a conversation after searching for it
- New website link added to get help section (Klinker Apps)
- Tons of translation updates

Still have a ways to go before a full version, 1.10, but getting there. Lots of things left on my todo still before I'm happy!

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Another day, another update. For those of you in the beta program (Google+ Beta), I just put up another update, version 1.10 Beta 2. Quite a bit went into changing the caching images process and how these images are loaded, so you may see better performance, may not. I've never had performance issues so can't really test it myself.

Here's the full changelog:
- Better recycling of header images
- More caching changes for contact images
- Directly delete messages and conversations if archiving is enabled
- MMS message previews in the conversation list when you have summaries enabled
- Ability to open to a conversation after searching for it
- New website link added to get help section (Klinker Apps)
- Tons of translation updates

Still have a ways to go before a full version, 1.10, but getting there. Lots of things left on my todo still before I'm happy!

Would you please kindly look into this issue?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49651333&postcount=206

Cheers,
deltatux

Reactions: 8525_Madness

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
Best feature for me is expanded notification! Second app next to mms.apk with that kind of feature. Unlocked advanced options as well. Great job man! 5stars for EvolveSMS on Play Store!

ctiantolentino

Aug 23, 2013
Las Pinas City
HI, I just got Evolve SMS yesterday and also purchased the in-app plugin. Just want to let you know the app forced-closed this morning and i couldn't use it at all and needed to restart the phone. Anyway I just want to ask how to permanently delete SMS conversations? Thanks.

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
In the evolve theme mode, there are times (not every time) that I will click on the notifications and go into the app and the headers will show 0 0 after sliding and changing contacts it fixes it self

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

GatoL0c0

Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA
are you gonna put google voice integration in this if so your app would be like #1 :p

He said he was not going to do that.

Would you please kindly look into this issue?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49651333&postcount=206

Cheers,
deltatux

You already posted about it recently so there's no need to shove it in his face. I'm sure he read your post and has a ton of stuff to do. You aren't the only one that posted about load times but there are also many other users that don't have issues with load time. Give him a chance, I'm sure it's not as easy as typing a few lines of code.

---------------
Samsung Galaxy S3
CM11 Nightlies / PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.0 / TWRP / 0-Day PA GApps

Last edited:

stewi21

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney
Are there plans to implement slide in from the right to compose a new message like sliding messaging? The current way to create a new message just isn't as easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    153lnc3.png

EvolveSMS is a powerful texting replacement app that makes talking to your friends quick, fun and easy! It’s been designed from the bottom up with the newest Android design guidelines in mind to look beautiful and just plain work. Feel completely immersed in the app with a design that flows freely between you, all your friends, and Android.

Main features:
    - A beautiful and smooth interface for sliding between conversations so everything is just a swipe away
    - Full multimedia support including sending pictures, videos, audio, contacts, GIFs and your location
    - A popup that allows you full access to anything in the app and looks great
    - Group messaging support
    - Full Light Flow support
    - 2 different widgets with lockscreen support
    - Swipe to delete conversations
    - Batch deleting messages
    - Archiving messages
    - Fully customizable notifications
    - Password protection
    - Full emoji support (850+ emojis, Android or iOS 7 style)
    - And much more :)

Unlockable with the customization plugin from inside the app:
    - 3 theme options: light, dark and black
    - 3 different layouts: Evolve, Hangouts, and Classic
    - Facebook and Google+ cover photo integration
    - Facebook contact photo integration
    - Night mode
    - Apply addon themes to fully customize every aspect of look in the app

Unlockable with the feature plugin from inside the app:
    - More MMS options (locations, GIFs and contacts)
    - Message backup through Dropbox
    - Private inbox
    - Templates
    - Scheduled SMS messages
    - Personalized mass messages

Play Store Download Link
    Youtube Demo
    Google+ Beta Page (and more information about the app for those looking for it, I'll also do a lot of support and answering questions here)

Here are two different emoji plugins for you to choose from, download whichever suits you best, install it and never worry about it again!
    Android
    iOS 7

Full disclosure: The app is completely free to download and enjoy for everyone! There are 2 different in-app purchases to expand on the functionality of the app and help me out with future development… If you like the app, feel free to show it and buy the in-app purchases in the settings menu :)

One last note: while the app isn't open source, I have put a lot of work into open sourcing a lot of the components on my GitHub. I do this because I wanted to give back to all the developers and users out there that gave me so much and dealt with me while I've been learning everything that I have over the past year! If there's ever anything you wonder about in any of my apps, I'm more than happy to give detailed explainations about the thought process behind it and practices I used to implement it, or put up a code sample when applicable. I really just want to help everyone who has development questions so ask away :)
    Some screenshots, cause who doesn't love that? ;)

k4xvl2.png
    96dtzb.png
    2mqkawh.png
    2agoh3b.png
    Version 1.3.0

Version 1.3.0 will be hitting the play store soon with a TON of awesome changes, additions and improvements!

- Option to always pin the conversation list to the screen
    - Option for custom backgrounds
    - More batch operations for individual conversations including lock, unlock, delete and archive
    - Sent message marker on the conversation list if summaries are enabled
    - Option to block all unknown numbers in blacklist settings
    - Option to crop contact photos after syncing through Facebook or individually inserting them
    - Default contact images changed to be more contact specific
    - Synced contact pictures will not longer be deleted when the app cache is cleared
    - Added light and dark transparent widget themes
    - Location attached via URL along with picture when sending location
    - Allow selecting multiple contacts when composing a new message and using the plus button to select people
    - Contact pictures are displayed when searching for contacts
    - Faster access to scheduling messages through the attach menu under "attach location" option and in the menu when conversation list is opened
    - Performance enhancements for composing a new message, previous start time was 500 ms, now its 50 ms
    - Addon themes can now include a night mode version
    - Option for themers to use different icons in the ActionBar for the app icon
    - Option for themers to change the MMS sending progress bar
    - Larger image previews in the default themes
    - Send images at full resolution if the MMS size limit is disabled
    - Add a slight highlight to the currently showing conversation in the conversation list
    - Better handling of swipe to delete in conversation list when open to conversation list is enabled
    - Ensure no vibrate occurs for notifications when vibrate is disabled
    - Option for secure notifications to only hide text
    - Other fixes for secure notifications
    - Small adjustments to strip unicode, nothing will be stripped if message length is short enough to send as a single SMS anyways
    - More GIF changes
    - Changelog loaded much faster in the get help section of settings
    - Fix sending failed notification not showing
    - Slight MMS changes/fixes
    - Better description and error reporting when MMS fails to send
    - Fixes and adjustments to some addon themes
    - Apply default font setting to addon themes when checked
    - Fix for some cloud backups not restoring due to formatting errors
    - And lots of other small bug fixes I don't remember...

Enjoy, I'll be out of town for a week now :)
    Just pushed version 1.11 to the play store, give it about 2 hours and you'll see it!

Changelog:
    - Expansions to the quick text notification to allow adding 3 favorite users to be always available as notification buttons
    - New method for handling GIFs
    - Ability to snooze notifications
    - Rename group conversations
    - Attempt to resend failed messages when service state changes
    - Better handling of marking messages as sent and delivered
    - Image previews for MMS messages in the conversation list when summaries are enabled
    - Feature and customization pack unlock buttons in the get help section of settings for users who don't see them in the main settings drawer for whatever reason
    - Fix links in addon themes
    - Fix rare case of messages being misdelivered after orientation changes
    - Updated translations
    - Option for a night addon theme if you have applied an addon theme
    - Option to adjust the size of the popup
    - Option to show or hide keyboard when popup shows
    - Toast shown after message has been delivered
    - More fixes for misdelivered messages
    - Fixes to receiving duplicate messages in some cases
    And just so everyone knows, me and my bro are releasing a new twitter app today as well, dubbed Talon for Twitter that you will all absolutely love :) I don't think he has an xda thread up yet, but here is his google+ community for more information! I think I only need to say two words to get you to check it out, push notifications ;) Enjoy both apps and let us know what you think!