Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2014, 06:27 PM |#11  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

according to the tech page:
Audio Support for Dolby Digital Plus, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch Stereo and HDMI audio pass through up to 7.1

Looks promising.

So Koush ordered one!!

It can only get better from here!!!!!

3rd April 2014, 06:37 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got mine earlier today. I enabled ADB debugging. It uses ADB network connections. Could I conceivably side-load APK's that aren't currently available on the Fire TV, or will they not work since they weren't developed for the device?

UPDATE: Yes, you can push APK's and run them, but the do not run correctly. The app that I tried (WWE Network) opened, but the display is sideways and magnified.
3rd April 2014, 07:10 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjr81

I got mine earlier today. I enabled ADB debugging. It uses ADB network connections. Could I conceivably side-load APK's that aren't currently available on the Fire TV, or will they not work since they weren't developed for the device?

UPDATE: Yes, you can push APK's and run them, but the do not run correctly. The app that I tried (WWE Network) opened, but the display is sideways and magnified.

You could try installing Ultimate Rotation Control and forcing all apps to landscape view. I'm personally interested in side loading Airtight to Airplay audio from my devices so I can potentially replace my Apple TVs with these boxes.
The Following User Says Thank You to rooobbbbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rooobbbbb Ad-Free
3rd April 2014, 07:14 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

HMMM very interesting!

I have the same deal with my Optimus G phone when I have it plugged into the TV.

The magnified is due to the resolution/DPI I'm guessing and may look good once you lock rotation.

Oh and with debug that means that the universal root tool may work! I am not saying try it because I'm not getting blamed if it bricks your device.
3rd April 2014, 07:51 PM |#15  

More
Getting closer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooobbbbb

You could try installing Ultimate Rotation Control and forcing all apps to landscape view.

I was able to correct the orientation problem using that app, however the display is still magnified and the remote cannot navigate to touch buttons/menus.

My skill set is very limited when it comes to these types of things, so I'm sure we'll make more progress once someone more knowledgeable get's a hold of one.
3rd April 2014, 07:58 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

I was able to correct the orientation problem using that app, however the display is still magnified and the remote cannot navigate to touch buttons/menus.

My skill set is very limited when it comes to these types of things, so I'm sure we'll make more progress once someone more knowledgeable get's a hold of one.

The magnafication is the DPI more than likely.

Are all apps doing it?

Also the touch api is missing and may need to be added. You could try to use a BT mouse or USB mouse to see if the pointer shows up. I am guessing the remote is not an airmouse...

Can you test something for me really quick. Can the voice function open apps? Can you speak into it and say tunein or pandora and the app opens? Kinda curious.
3rd April 2014, 08:04 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

Can the voice function open apps? Can you speak into it and say tunein or pandora and the app opens? Kinda curious.

You can search for the app via voice control, but it doesn't seem like you can use a voice command to open it.
3rd April 2014, 08:12 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

You can search for the app via voice control, but it doesn't seem like you can use a voice command to open it.

oh ok well that sucks, wish it could open it.

did you try a usb mouse?
3rd April 2014, 08:12 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

The magnafication is the DPI more than likely.

Are all apps doing it?

Also the touch api is missing and may need to be added. You could try to use a BT mouse or USB mouse to see if the pointer shows up.

The USB mouse worked, plus I was able to scale the display down in the device settings. Now I just need a way to enable location services.
3rd April 2014, 08:52 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

The USB mouse worked, plus I was able to scale the display down in the device settings. Now I just need a way to enable location services.

So that mean my Logitech wireless KB/M will work

I'm sure someone will be getting to the android settings soon to help with that.
3rd April 2014, 09:44 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
jcjr81 can you see if the android version of XBMC will work? It should considering this has standard Phone guts in it. and it works on my Kindle fire HDX 8.9"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)