Motoactv

Search This thread

Moose8106

Nov 3, 2008
Orland Park
As I type adb reboot recovery... I constantly type adb reboot bootloader because I always think about how I SHOULDN'T do that... sigh... I know one day (or in the next hour) I will accidentally type bootloader and run it.:eek:

Edit: I'll post this here too

I rooted and flashed in recovery (the stock 4.55.97 and the the rooted version 4.55.97) and I stay on 4.55.78 no matter what! The flashes go through successfully... But nothing has changed and the System version still says 4.55.78... But like I said, the flashes both completed! I did a factory reset... and the updater-script wipes system, so what could be my issue?

Last edited:

innovatelife

May 30, 2009
Houston
Make Official Forum

Yes. Please setup an official Forum for this device. I just DL the rooted 4.55.97. Been checking through this xda thread, the motoactv wikispaces page, and even some github accounts for updates occasionally. Organizing this information would be great. What is the status on adding gApps into the root tools?

BTW. Great job guys. I was very worried about getting this device but found you devs supporting it and decided to jump on board. I just ordered a series of sensors for it also and am really excited about this.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
That seems to be a problem with only having one thread to support our device. How would every one feel about having an appropriate forum ?

Sent from my DeathStar disabled device

It would be amazing to have our own thread properly formatted and have less questions repeated or answered .IMO it would be more productive and may spur more development

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

bdaman80

Mar 20, 2011
Pittsfield, Il
Don't know if its OK to post here. I'm not trying to compete with with any other place......cough cough.....

My forum

I know it needs some work, but everything has to start somewhere

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Last edited:

CEnnis91

Feb 3, 2012
That seems to be a problem with only having one thread to support our device. How would every one feel about having an appropriate forum ?

Sent from my DeathStar disabled device

I personally don't think this little niche is big or active enough to have its own forum on xda. Also, it's not going to really clean up the questions, there will just be repeated questions in separate threads. (From experience anyway).

RayToombs

Nov 27, 2010
I think that is very nice of bdaman to offer. Still looking to get gapps on this thing anyone have a sure fire method?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
I'm still hoping we can get one of the updates to the people that used the original root method. I'm still stuck on old firmware. :-(

RayToombs

Nov 27, 2010
Just so I am clear will we be able to return to stock if we used the root tool?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
The "return to stock" feature is something I built INTO the root tool, so yes. Absolutely. ;)

I just noticed the pictures of the tool that I uploaded are MIA, so I'll upload a new one tonight too, and also try to put it into the wiki.

For those of you worrying about the new updates, don't fret. CEnnis91 has them patched, and I'll put out a Rom ASAP built from his new base. We still won't be able to physically update, but it will suffice. :)

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
For those of you worrying about the new updates, don't fret. CEnnis91 has them patched, and I'll put out a Rom ASAP built from his new base. We still won't be able to physically update, but it will suffice. :)

Awesome! I figured as much with needing to manually update, that's no issue at all. I'm not new to rooting and modding. I was just surprised that with an unlocked bootloader that we had no way back to stock to get up to current unrooted, then reroot. If you don't mind, could you toss a reply on this thread when that update package is available? Thanks a bunch! :-D

RayToombs

Nov 27, 2010
The "return to stock" feature is something I built INTO the root tool, so yes. Absolutely. ;)

I just noticed the pictures of the tool that I uploaded are MIA, so I'll upload a new one tonight too, and also try to put it into the wiki.

Thank you much clearD I can't wait. Flick to turn it on is nice

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fernandoavc

Mar 21, 2011
São Paulo

Sorry if I'm repeating question here but let me ask you something:

I didn't rooted my device yet (don't even unlocked it by replace the boot.img) cause I know Motorola always check before the updates for any system mod then turn updates unable to be applied.

When you mention "return to stock" should we read as "able to update from OTA or regular Motorola means"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.