Has anyone gotten wifi tether to work on the leaked Droid 4 ICS builds?

Search This thread

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
WiFi Tether does not seem to work properly but I am posting this from my Xoom while tethered to D4 using the Mobile Hotspot with the entitlement check removed, so that method does work.
I don't like to use the Mobile Hotspot and prefer the Wifi Tether app, but it looks like it needs tweaking for these builds.

jy3ng4

Mar 4, 2010
Hmmm. I tried the Mobile Hotspot SQLite hack and that didn't work either. It gets stuck at "Identifying" when I try to connect with my PC. Weird.

mrbidjey

Feb 16, 2012
North Jersey
Free wifi works using Sqlite

I am using my mobile hotspot to send post this reply. After I watched a video on youtube on how to get wifi on the Bionic using SqLite Editor. I gave it a try and it did work. I don't know what to expect next from Verizon so if you wanna try it TIGHTEN UP YOUR BALLS AND SEAL YOUR BUTT HOLE in case Verizon decides to f* you up or break your balls because I am not responsible for the outcome

HOw to bypass Verizon Mobile Hotspot restriction to use wifi:
1-Purchase and install SqLite Editor over the market
2-Open SqLite, scroll down the list and choose "Settings Storage"(the one with the hammer and wrench)
3-On the next screen select "settings.db"
4-Then choose "settings"
5-Once on the MS-Excel-sheet-looking page, hit the menu button
6-On the pop-up menu select "set filter"
7-In the "Filter value" field type the word "check"
8-Click and hold on the "entitlement_check"
9-"Edit" the value from "1" to "0"
10-Exit the app and reboot
11-Check Mobile Hotspot under your System Settings and you are back onto free wireless tethering

N.B: For those of you, the cheap bastards, please don't try to snatch a refund by trying to uninstall the app within 15 minutes of purchase. Have a bit of decency, will you?!!!

jy3ng4

Mar 4, 2010
I don't know why this won't work for me. I froze a bunch of stuff with Titanium Backup so I thought one of those may have been the culprit but after unfreezing everything I still can't successfully connect. Grrr.

xoomix

Jun 3, 2012
Wifi Tethering Works Great

I am using the app 'Foxfi' and my Wifi Tethering works absolutely flawlessly.
No freezing, editing, changing, hacking, nada.

maddeath

Aug 29, 2010
Motorola Droid 4
OnePlus X
Try Foxfi. Posting this from a tethered device on my D4.

Tried foxfi already and it didn't work. Also tried open garden and versions 3.1-12/13/14, 3.2-1 of the wifi tether app. I'm afraid of any side affects that might come from using the Verizon hot spot app. /:

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Tried foxfi already and it didn't work. Also tried open garden and versions 3.1-12/13/14, 3.2-1 of the wifi tether app. I'm afraid of any side affects that might come from using the Verizon hot spot app. /:

Got foxfi to work by restarting. Lol
Thanks again :D

ultra2

Apr 26, 2008
Anybody know whereI can find an ICS download that's still online? They're all gone!

mrAdvo

Jun 27, 2011
I was able to change entitlement_check and now mobile hotspot can be activated, and other devices can connect to the Droid 4, but internet is not shared to this devices. On the previous phones I have to change APN type to "default,dun,supl" in order to enable internet sharing, but I was not able to do this for Droid 4. Any ideas how to fix that?

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
I was able to change entitlement_check and now mobile hotspot can be activated, and other devices can connect to the Droid 4, but internet is not shared to this devices. On the previous phones I have to change APN type to "default,dun,supl" in order to enable internet sharing, but I was not able to do this for Droid 4. Any ideas how to fix that?

You can't add dun anymore to the profiles on the ICS leak, please view my thread in order to navigate through SQLite Editor to add a dun entry to a new APN:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27099169&postcount=2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Free wifi works using Sqlite

I am using my mobile hotspot to send post this reply. After I watched a video on youtube on how to get wifi on the Bionic using SqLite Editor. I gave it a try and it did work. I don't know what to expect next from Verizon so if you wanna try it TIGHTEN UP YOUR BALLS AND SEAL YOUR BUTT HOLE in case Verizon decides to f* you up or break your balls because I am not responsible for the outcome

HOw to bypass Verizon Mobile Hotspot restriction to use wifi:
    1-Purchase and install SqLite Editor over the market
    2-Open SqLite, scroll down the list and choose "Settings Storage"(the one with the hammer and wrench)
    3-On the next screen select "settings.db"
    4-Then choose "settings"
    5-Once on the MS-Excel-sheet-looking page, hit the menu button
    6-On the pop-up menu select "set filter"
    7-In the "Filter value" field type the word "check"
    8-Click and hold on the "entitlement_check"
    9-"Edit" the value from "1" to "0"
    10-Exit the app and reboot
    11-Check Mobile Hotspot under your System Settings and you are back onto free wireless tethering

N.B: For those of you, the cheap bastards, please don't try to snatch a refund by trying to uninstall the app within 15 minutes of purchase. Have a bit of decency, will you?!!!

You can't add dun anymore to the profiles on the ICS leak, please view my thread in order to navigate through SQLite Editor to add a dun entry to a new APN:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27099169&postcount=2
    I can't seem to get WiFi Tether to work on ICS build 6.16.206 and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks