Modem Unlock Flash Update NEW 12/15 WIPE or NO WIPE

Search This thread

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Droid Maxx is carrier locked

Will this process work for unlocking GSM radio for Droid Maxx XT 1080M?

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
If the phone is already a GSM all that is left for you is to buy an unlock code, insert an invalid SIM card (One that is not from your current carrier) and that should do it, your phone should be unlocked and ready to work in any other carrier you want.

Sent from my RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Forgot to say, if it isn't a GSM the procedure in this thread should work fine, anyways I think there's a newer and better process.

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
If the phone is already a GSM all that is left for you is to buy an unlock code, insert an invalid SIM card (One that is not from your current carrier) and that should do it, your phone should be unlocked and ready to work in any other carrier you want.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Forgot to say, if it isn't a GSM the procedure in this thread should work fine, anyways I think there's a newer and better process.

I am not following what you have written. Can you please rephrase?
Though VZ has locked the phone to the supplied VZ SIM (as claimed by them), there is no prompt to enter any PIN or unlock code. I have used three SIM cards (all valid ones) and for two of them data worked and for the third one (a brand new nano SIM), nothing worked.

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Does not work on Droid Maxx

Tried it.

The value at that address is already 00. So, I did not change it.

Now, perhaps something else needs to be changed?

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Droid Maxx in India

Have you checked sub forum for you device (suppose that ultra and maxx are the same device except battery)? Here you may get wrong advice and brick your phone.

Quick search gave me: DROID MAXX working perfectly on T-Mobile.

Thanks. I looked at that sub-forum. There are at least two other members who are facing the same issue. So, with me included, that is three of us. And this is with around 4-5 phones between them.

So, this is not a malfunction device for sure.

But if I can do some debugging the same way as the was done for the Razr HD, perhaps I might be able to find the address which needs to be altered from 01 to 00?

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Droid Maxx

Probably you can but be careful what are you doing! You may try http://www.droidrzr.com/ or search for solution on Internet.

Since another user experienced a network connectivity for a few minutes and after which the phone threw an invalid SIM error, it seems IMEI has got something to do with this as well.

http://www.androidauthority.com/gal...4-4-update-lock-older-galaxy-handsets-279416/

How do I tell my carrier that the phone is not stolen?

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Maybe IMEI is registered to Verizon. What usually mean "Clean ESN" or similar. In that case, you must unregister your phone with carrier. For example, cancel contract.

Maybe problem is not with black listed (or just registered IMEI) but with one of Verizon apps running. Try to disable (with titanium backup) apps with vzw and especially with security in name.

Again, be careful what are you doing! Having backup is good advice.

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Maybe IMEI is registered to Verizon. What usually mean "Clean ESN" or similar. In that case, you must unregister your phone with carrier. For example, cancel contract.

Maybe problem is not with black listed (or just registered IMEI) but with one of Verizon apps running. Try to disable (with titanium backup) apps with vzw and especially with security in name.

Again, be careful what are you doing! Having backup is good advice.

The apps part is ruled out since a friend (also an XDA member) has two Droid Ultras which are both stock. One of them works and the other does not. The one that does not is never activated, brand new. The one that does, is used for 6 months on Verizon.

I asked Verizon to confirm on the IMEI's. They are all clean and ready to activate. There is no Verizon contract. According to them you are good to go.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Brand new, never activated does not work? What about test it with Verizon card? Even activate it and then deactivate? I have not idea how complicate and expensive could be. Probably a lot if you're not in USA.

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
Brand new, never activated does not work? What about test it with Verizon card? Even activate it and then deactivate? I have not idea how complicate and expensive could be. Probably a lot if you're not in USA.

Without a valid account, the activation will not go through in the first place.

The activation with Verizon SIM fails after it tries to dial out number *2283 or something similar.
Since the phones are not in US, here there is no Verizon network. The device is shown as roaming though.

StratosSpawn

Apr 29, 2013
Urgent help requested!

Can anyone tell me where to find the No Wipe radio file now? I had gotten it working on my RAZR MAXX HD for about the past year or so, but just the other day mistakenly hit Install now from Verizon's updater and it appears to have overwritten things, as now I can only use the phone to access data, and only when I'm on WiFi. I have no radio availability at all as I'm on T-Mobile. I tried coming back here to get the file again, but the dropbox link is empty. I'm hoping that someone can help me track the file down. I'm currently running on Android 4.1.2 as well. It would be nice to update to the latest (or at least best version of Android for the RAZR MAXX HD) and get the radio working again so that I can use the phone with T-Mobile again. It really sucks not having any phone capability anymore!

Thanks in advance for whatever help can be provided!

Jaysp656

Nov 8, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96eTID-E4Ks

Here is the video I used for doing that. The program is called DFS and the process is very easy (pretty much the same as the thread Zeljko1234 linked). Just if you do either method, after you write the change and double check it shows 00, then give your phone a few minutes before rebooting. Helps the change stick from my experience.

Oh and the Motorola QC Diag driver is needed for DFS to see the device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2NKdXdHnc

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts