Three months to the day?

Search This thread

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
It's been three months since the G3 has been released and we still don't have a unlocked boot loader. I'm new to this device and not all familiar with previous LG models so my question basically, is this normal for a LG device to take this long to get a unlocked boot loader?

I've had many Samsung/HTC devices and don't recall waiting this long for the phone to take off on development. I do really like the phone and it is a very nice phone but for me not being able to flash kernals, rooms, etc is disappointing. Would like to hang on to the phone but I'm just not sure of how future development will turn out. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Batfink33

It's been three months since the G3 has been released and we still don't have a unlocked boot loader. I'm new to this device and not all familiar with previous LG models so my question basically, is this normal for a LG device to take this long to get a unlocked boot loader?

I've had many Samsung/HTC devices and don't recall waiting this long for the phone to take off on development. I do really like the phone and it is a very nice phone but for me not being able to flash kernals, rooms, etc is disappointing. Would like to hang on to the phone but I'm just not sure of how future development will turn out. Just my 2 cents.

The G2s bootloader was never unlocked but an exploit to install custom Roms and kernels was found. HTC and Sony allow bootloader unlocking from their own website. Will there be a G3 boootloader unlock? Who knows but I wouldn't hold my breath.

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
The G2s bootloader was never unlocked but an exploit to install custom Roms and kernels was found. HTC and Sony allow bootloader unlocking from their own website. Will there be a G3 boootloader unlock? Who knows but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately kind off thought that. To bad, such a good phone. Don't know why some manufacturers do this and others don't.

Reactions: Batfink33

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
Unfortunately kind off thought that. To bad, such a good phone. Don't know why some manufacturers do this and others don't.

You can watch the bounty thread in the AT&T G3 General forum. That's where the news will likely break from thecubed.

Should be any day now, but I haven't been on IRC to see how things are going.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
You can watch the bounty thread in the AT&T G3 General forum. That's where the news will likely break from thecubed.

Should be any day now, but I haven't been on IRC to see how things are going.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Good to know, I've been looking from day to day at that thread. Hope it's soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.