FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2014, 02:39 PM |#1181  
santu001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Hmm, getting restless already. Isn't there a simple way the keep the media player from changing from night to day setting. The darker version is ok, but the light version is so bright that I really don't like it.
11th February 2014, 03:05 PM |#1182  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

Hmm, getting restless already. Isn't there a simple way the keep the media player from changing from night to day setting. The darker version is ok, but the light version is so bright that I really don't like it.

You can try using NinjaMorph or Metamorph.
11th February 2014, 04:59 PM |#1183  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Problem to uninstall waze
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

It looks like "libwaze.so" isn't loading. If it installed properly it should be present in the "/data/data/com.waze/lib" directory.


An easy way to do this is through ES File Explorer[/URL]'s App Manager. Just long press the app's icon and then select uninstall. Otherwise, "adb uninstall {package.name}" works well too. (aka "adb uninstall com.waze")



Personally, I don't recommend "installing" apps that way. It can get messy and it doesn't always operate correctly. For third-party apps, I would recommend in either using "adb install {filename.apk}" or installing the file from within ES File Explorer.



Yes, copying files directly into the app directory is a dirty way of "installing" and doesn't always work. I would only recommend it for the core Google Apps, like Google Play (com.android.vending) and Google Services Framework (com.google.android.gsf). Not really for third-party developers because you can inadvertently grant more permissions than what they require by placing them in /system/app directory.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------



Did you sort this one out? The best I can tell you is that not all event states are recognized, for example setting a profile to trigger off of the "Display Off" event has no effect on the Asteroid Smart. You just have to find other triggers or a different way to approach it.

Gentlemen,
I have the same problem with Waze in Volvo SCT like other users. Someone mentioned to uninstall and install it again, but when I try to unisntall but I had a "Failure" message (just this word Failure) and nothing else. I tried also with ES File Explorer and I had a message saying that is not possible to uninstall it. Is there another way to do that? I also tried in ADB Shell with command pm, but I had the same Failure message...any ideia?
Thanks a lot.
11th February 2014, 05:08 PM |#1184  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzuliani

I have the same problem with Waze in Volvo SCT like other users. Someone mentioned to uninstall and install it again, but when I try to unisntall but I had a "Failure" message (just this word Failure) and nothing else. I tried also with ES File Explorer and I had a message saying that is not possible to uninstall it. Is there another way to do that? I also tried in ADB Shell with command pm, but I had the same Failure message...any ideia? Thanks a lot.

It sounds like you didn't actually install Waze but copied it into /system/app directory. This is a horrible way of installing applications.

To get rid of Waze, you have to remount system partition as read-write. This can be accomplished by enabling Root Explorer from Es File Explorer's Fast Access menu then holding down the words, "Root Explorer". A window will pop up with an option to "Mount R/W" which will allow you to make changes to the directories below /system.

You can now go into /system/app directory and delete the Waze APK but you will also have to go into /data/data and delete the com.waze directory. Make sure you delete all of its files and subdirectories.
11th February 2014, 06:07 PM |#1185  
santu001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

You can try using NinjaMorph or Metamorph.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no cigar. It corrupted com.parrot. media player.apk in system/app. Luckely I kept my first packages.xml, which made a reinstall of your original apk possible. I didn't at first. I did change the background image in the res folder with the new background image with the same name. Didn't try to look for the day and night issue, because I wouldn't know where to look.Pity it didn't work. It would be a nice way to change these things. Still thanks for your help. You don't stop to amaze me in how your always helping us guys. Thanks again.
12th February 2014, 07:44 AM |#1186  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by getiem



Instructions:

Note: Instructions are tested on specific versions of the Volvo SCT
It is possible that these instructions below are not (yet) working on other versions: Other continents, newer versions etc.
If you tested it on a different continent + version, let me know, so I can put it here.

Available versions:
EU
-1.47.88 - Tested
-1.47.96 - Tested
[list]
More options available. Use the one-click script or use the manual commands below.
[*]One-click script with menu provided by @gekkekoe123 and @donaldta
This one-click script with menu options is here


Manual instructions and commands:

Hello!
I just found your work with Volvo SCT and think it looks very promising. Excellent work and I look forward to following your future.

I own a Volvo XC60 with SCT (eu -1.47.96) that I would like to open the system for installing more applications such as TomTom.

My question to you.
In order to use your "One-click script" do I need to install the Android SDK on my PC or are there other dependencies that I need to know before I start?

In "Manual instructions and commands," it says that this is needed and I was a bit concerned about the same applies when using the script.

Is there any difference in the end to use the "One-click script" or follow "Manual instructions and commands:"?

Thanks again Abe
12th February 2014, 08:10 AM |#1187  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAbe

In order to use your "One-click script" do I need to install the Android SDK on my PC or are there other dependencies that I need to know before I start?

No, there are no dependencies other than a Windows PC in the same network as the SCT Wifi. The relevant bits of the Android SDK are included in the zip file.

Quote:

Is there any difference in the end to use the "One-click script" or follow "Manual instructions and commands:"?

The difference is that the script is much, much easier and complete. If you do it manually you will most likely miss things like remount.sh and rewhitelist.sh. So please use the menu.bat script.
12th February 2014, 09:06 AM |#1188  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

No, there are no dependencies other than a Windows PC in the same network as the SCT Wifi. The relevant bits of the Android SDK are included in the zip file.


The difference is that the script is much, much easier and complete. If you do it manually you will most likely miss things like remount.sh and rewhitelist.sh. So please use the menu.bat script.

Thanks for the quick feedback and your responses.
//Abe
12th February 2014, 11:06 AM |#1189  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

It sounds like you didn't actually install Waze but copied it into /system/app directory. This is a horrible way of installing applications.

To get rid of Waze, you have to remount system partition as read-write. This can be accomplished by enabling Root Explorer from Es File Explorer's Fast Access menu then holding down the words, "Root Explorer". A window will pop up with an option to "Mount R/W" which will allow you to make changes to the directories below /system.

You can now go into /system/app directory and delete the Waze APK but you will also have to go into /data/data and delete the com.waze directory. Make sure you delete all of its files and subdirectories.

Thanks for the replay donaldta, now I know the correct way to install applications. But I think I'm doing something wrong...I followed the procedure above, but I had a message saying "Sorry, the test has being failled, it's not possible to perform this operation in your device".

For the records, since I installed ES File Explorer, even with the option "Access to hiden files" ON, I never saw the files inside the directory /data for instance. Do I have to uninstall and install it again?
12th February 2014, 04:29 PM |#1190  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzuliani

Thanks for the replay donaldta, now I know the correct way to install applications. But I think I'm doing something wrong...I followed the procedure above, but I had a message saying "Sorry, the test has being failled, it's not possible to perform this operation in your device".

For the records, since I installed ES File Explorer, even with the option "Access to hiden files" ON, I never saw the files inside the directory /data for instance. Do I have to uninstall and install it again?

Yes, if you have already rooted your device and installed SuperSU then that usually something is screwy with the apps installation directories. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. That usually fixes most oddities with apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 08:43 PM |#1191  
santu001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
What do you guys think? Will this tasker solution work in fixating mediaplayer in nightmode? Or am I missing day and night settings all together, since it's not a Smart? I first thought IGO used the same time clock as the mediaplayer, but there different. And SCT doesn't have any settings for time. Does the parrot Smart have a day and night setting? Or should is the tasker solution what I'm looking for? I don't have tasker yet...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes