FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2014, 10:23 PM |#1681  
chris.lu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

I am not sure what you did before, but I have never been able to install apk's without a valid signature on the SCT.

My tomtom 'modified' app now doesn't Work..
25th August 2014, 10:25 PM |#1682  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Just buy it in the Google Play store. The official version works fine for me.
26th August 2014, 03:10 PM |#1683  
chris.lu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

Just buy it in the Google Play store. The official version works fine for me.

We can't buy the old version of tomtom, no more. The new version is not compatible with SCT.
However, I think that I have to do the step 3 of the guide again:

3 - Alter /system/build.prop to ro.parrot.install-all=true
26th August 2014, 10:16 PM |#1684  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapeau_melon

Hi Noten, I'm very interested in finding a solution for Waze too.

Same for the audio with Waze that keeps on shutting down the audio of the fm radio ?

Do you also have that dl audio/voice package that doesn't succeed after every potential "reset" of the application ?

Did you find any solution for Waze voice search?
27th August 2014, 04:16 AM |#1685  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
iGO
Can any body tell me what is the native resolution of SCT screen?
How to find data.zip and sys.txt file of native iGO app?
code for entering resolution of SCT in sys.txt?

Ajit Patil
27th August 2014, 03:41 PM |#1686  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.lu

We can't buy the old version of tomtom, no more. The new version is not compatible with SCT.

I am running TomTom Europe 1.3.2 which was released in April 2013, and seems to be the latest version available. That page also says: "Required Android 2.2 and up", SCT is at 2.3.7 so this should be no problem.
27th August 2014, 03:45 PM |#1687  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendesp

Managed to do everything... when installing it says file already exists... I changed the stock media player name to .bak.. but still same result

What I did:
- checked the cert number for Activesource = 1
- changed the cert number for com.parrot from 0 to 1
- removed the com.parrot.mediaplayer line commands
- changed the name of com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk to bak extension
- rebooted
Result on installing: file already exists...
But my media player is still the stock from sct

Instead of installing the new (Astroid Smart original) com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk I simply place it inside the /system/app directory:
Code:
mv /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk.org
cp /mnt/sdcard/apk/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk /system/app/
chmod 644 /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk
You also want to use the ActiveSources apk:
Code:
cp /mnt/sdcard/apk/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk /system/app
chmod 644 /system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk
Then reboot.
27th August 2014, 06:10 PM |#1688  
chris.lu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

I am running TomTom Europe 1.3.2 which was released in April 2013, and seems to be the latest version available. That page also says: "Required Android 2.2 and up", SCT is at 2.3.7 so this should be no problem.

This is the last one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gplay.navapp

I can't buy 1.3.2 version. I can buy only the last one but it's not compatible with sct.
I bought copilot for my nexus and even if it's not compatible with sct, i exported apk from phone and installed on sct and it works fine.
27th August 2014, 06:19 PM |#1689  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

Instead of installing the new (Astroid Smart original) com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk I simply place it inside the /system/app directory:

Code:
mv /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk.org
cp /mnt/sdcard/apk/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk /system/app/
chmod 644 /system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk
You also want to use the ActiveSources apk:
Code:
cp /mnt/sdcard/apk/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk /system/app
chmod 644 /system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk
Then reboot.


I think I'm using the wrong media player file... Where can I find the original Asteroid Smart media player file?
27th August 2014, 07:29 PM |#1690  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Here is the Asteroid Smart MediaPlayer.
27th August 2014, 07:39 PM |#1691  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.lu

This is the last one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gplay.navapp

I can't buy 1.3.2 version. I can buy only the last one but it's not compatible with sct.

Ok, I see what you are saying now. TomTom released a new app called Go Mobile, and the old apps are no longer for sale (even though it looks that way in the Play Store). The new app requires Android 4.0.3 or newer. This was bound to happen of course. Hopefully TomTom will still support the old apps with map updates and traffic service for many years. :-/
Quote:

I bought copilot for my nexus and even if it's not compatible with sct, i exported apk from phone and installed on sct and it works fine.

That is just luck. When an app is compiled to a certain Android API level, it is bound to use certain functions that are simply not available or earlier Android versions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes