[Q] Half working Touchscreen and Trackpad

Search This thread

madjik_fred

Jul 29, 2007
Hi everyone,

Few months ago, my HTC G2/Desire Z stated shows weird behaviors on the touch screnn, Like pressing by himself on icons like I want to drag and drop, loosing signal when using the top panel...

Finaly, half of my touch screen is not responding now (the down part). I left my phone switched off because couldn't unlock screen until I find androidscreencast.

Sensitive buttons Home, Menu, Back and Search respond perfecly well all the time.

Also, the track pad only works few seconds after I turn the screen on.
For exemple I press the "On" button then I can use the track pad for few seconds normaly after that it does not work properly or is not responding at all.
Only the trackpad button always works perfectly.

Are these problems due to the Digitizer ? Is there anyway I could fix the problem withou changing parts ?

I'm using Cyanogen latest Rom, my processor is overclocked at 1.4Ghz, 1.0Ghz since today to save the battery.

Thank you for your help

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Around a year ago, my Tab used to get hot a lot while charging. And within some days, a part of the display was gone.
Im not sure, but may be because of too much overclocking, a device will lead to overheating. This might be the reason.
Its not clear from your post, what rom you are using. You said cyanogenmod. But its not clear, which version or whose rom you are using. Try to flash a different rom.
If the problem persists, then it clear your digitizer needs to be replaced.

Thanks...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda app-developers app