[ROM] ElocityBlur v0.3

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Blur edition of Elocity tegra2 based software ready.
If you don't know Blur, its wellknown from motorola models and has a different layer of a launcher using resizable gadgets and other features.

Another update, with the new compiled kernel adding support for native "move2SD" missing on A7.

So what is new here,
- Flash 10.2 works now (included)
- Native Apps2SD (move to sd in application settings)
- full int/ext sdcard support (external card is /mnt/sd-ext)
- HDMI -> dual screen Mediacenter in the works (photo for now works)
- G sensor fix included (games like SpeedX works)

What is not working:
- Bluetooth cannot be activated
- Camera

Download v0.3 here
remember to unpack the zip file after download.. you find the real "Update.zip" inside zip file.
updates like other updates, put in root of sdcard and boot into recovery and install.. remember to WIPE/factory reset /data & /cache.

Last edited:

masterfred

Jun 19, 2008
I'm a multimedia integrator, I would surely like to help on that project if you need any interface.

I<3Android

Jan 25, 2011
Milton,Fl
Nice! Flashed perfect! Weird seeing something other then the stock rom on my device. The main screen launcher looked a bit cheaper then the norm. Something that did stand out was the keyboard. I loved the look and feel of EloBlur's keyboard. Id love to see that moved to your mod. And im sure others would agree once they have seen it. Great work! You make havin this thing fun!!

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
if you have problems installing from Market, with bigger games like Samurai II, just unmount the sdcard, and games install fine.

if its from sdcard you install, then copy the apk to the internal storage first.
i know its bit complex, but it works :)

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Just wondering, what features/options does this afford us over the stock/other ElociMod ROM?

Maybe that will get a few more people to jump on board. :)

for now, just a few.. but also problems like some games download does not work as kernel has no real loopback device support (Froyo 2.2 native function)

but it has a fat browser, support sdcard/usb/internal storage management.

support re-sizable widgets?..

and some of the other Blur functions known from Blur devices..

netstat_EVO

Feb 15, 2011
The hype on this really seems to be the re-sizable widgets. Having never owned a blur device I really have no point of reference, but wouldn't running ADW Launcher really give the same effect without the unfortunate side effect of more stuff not working?

FYI: re-sizable widgets does happen to be one of my favorite features of ADW Launcher :)

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
The hype on this really seems to be the re-sizable widgets. Having never owned a blur device I really have no point of reference, but wouldn't running ADW Launcher really give the same effect without the unfortunate side effect of more stuff not working?

i never tried adw, as my intial impression was not good, so i never used it again, don't know how it works today.

but i guess its somehow comparable but there are differences.. which makes blur a different product..

ninetoes49

Apr 30, 2010
mi
security warning in blur when trying to install app?

I installed blur but when I try to install app from sdcard or dropbox it wont let me. I get security message and when I press ok it drops me out of install. How do you get around this or allow installs from other sources?

thanks ninetoes

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
a little update,
i tried to include the "ubuntu" partition for webtop and see if it worked , to run the hdmi based desktop solution, but its not working well.

seems the drivers for hdmi (nvrm pack) are recoded to work with the X environment, as i cannot get hdmi to show me anything.

but the idea seems good, would be great to have ubuntu running using X.. i will see if i can use their initial steps to use X in another way.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
i finally got flashplayer 10.2 working on this edition as well.. and its using the patched 10.2 with hulu support..

ill post an update, when its ready..

still got "install 2 sdcard" isssues, as no kernel has the support for it.
but most does work.

Reactions: il12941

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blur edition of Elocity tegra2 based software ready.
    If you don't know Blur, its wellknown from motorola models and has a different layer of a launcher using resizable gadgets and other features.

Another update, with the new compiled kernel adding support for native "move2SD" missing on A7.

So what is new here,
    - Flash 10.2 works now (included)
    - Native Apps2SD (move to sd in application settings)
    - full int/ext sdcard support (external card is /mnt/sd-ext)
    - HDMI -> dual screen Mediacenter in the works (photo for now works)
    - G sensor fix included (games like SpeedX works)

What is not working:
    - Bluetooth cannot be activated
    - Camera

Download v0.3 here
    remember to unpack the zip file after download.. you find the real "Update.zip" inside zip file.
    updates like other updates, put in root of sdcard and boot into recovery and install.. remember to WIPE/factory reset /data & /cache.
    That sounds amazing! Are we looking at speed boost running blur?

no difference in speeds actually.. looks pretty much the same here.
    I'm a multimedia integrator, I would surely like to help on that project if you need any interface.

? sorry, in which way can you be of assistence?
    i finally got flashplayer 10.2 working on this edition as well.. and its using the patched 10.2 with hulu support..

ill post an update, when its ready..

still got "install 2 sdcard" isssues, as no kernel has the support for it.
    but most does work.