599 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th August 2017, 09:56 AM |#2121  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrandon

Well, Rakuu, you're sort of a jerk huh?

Anyway....since the developer hasn't replied to anything in a long, long time, and, as I just told you it's broken in Android O, I suggest you stick with Android 7 and never upgrade again, unless the developer does. To bad you'll be left out in the cold in about 2 months.

calm down everyone..
I spoke to the Dev not too too long ago and the app is still being developed though at a much slower pace.
I'm sure something will turn up before or shortly after O is officially released.
To adapt something to work on an android O preview beta is not really a priority I imagine.

11th August 2017, 04:57 PM |#2122  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

calm down everyone..
I spoke to the Dev not too too long ago and the app is still being developed though at a much slower pace.
I'm sure something will turn up before or shortly after O is officially released.
To adapt something to work on an android O preview beta is not really a priority I imagine.

I"m OK, no problem.

There supposed to be another Android 0 beta release this month, maybe he'll get it to work with that.

I'm emailed him and he never replied. It's be a good idea to get it to work on the beta, so that it will work on the official release without having to fix it. Hopefully, because I like Lux's options more than the competition.
24th August 2017, 05:58 AM |#2123  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lux completely stopped working on Samsung S8
I've been using Lux for several years now and love it. However I just got a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Lux will not adjust the brightness automatically, ever. It stays at 100% all the time. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and added it to the battery saver whitelist, but no-go. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
1st September 2017, 09:24 PM |#2124  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Problems on One plus 3 in bright light
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

calm down everyone..

Hi,

I've been using the paid app for years across devices. I haven't found anything to replace this app. On the OP3, however, I have two issues, one a show stopper and I had to uninstall it. Annoyingly, Lux makes notifications unresponsive, it takes a few seconds to be able to interact with notifications quite often. The really bad behaviour though is how it sometimes does not react in bright light, meaning I cannot see the screen at all for quite a while. In addition, the screen does not come on when receiving phone calls. The latter I cannot pin on lux definitively, I will have to see how I go now I've removed lux.

It's a shame there's not been an update on over a year, there was no update for N, let alone O. I do hope the dev comes back to this excellent app and fixes bugs. I will miss the subzero brightness, I'm finding the screen too bright as I write this already.

Cheers
Martin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarkboffin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tarkboffin Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 02:45 PM |#2125  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkboffin

Hi,

I've been using the paid app for years across devices. I haven't found anything to replace this app. On the OP3, however, I have two issues, one a show stopper and I had to uninstall it. Annoyingly, Lux makes notifications unresponsive, it takes a few seconds to be able to interact with notifications quite often. The really bad behaviour though is how it sometimes does not react in bright light, meaning I cannot see the screen at all for quite a while. In addition, the screen does not come on when receiving phone calls. The latter I cannot pin on lux definitively, I will have to see how I go now I've removed lux.

It's a shame there's not been an update on over a year, there was no update for N, let alone O. I do hope the dev comes back to this excellent app and fixes bugs. I will miss the subzero brightness, I'm finding the screen too bright as I write this already.

Cheers
Martin

Try night screen it looks good and polished and it is open source
21st September 2017, 04:45 PM |#2126  
Flag Annapolis
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I've been using Lux forever, but I've been messing with some of the advanced options lately. I'm running 7.1.2 on a Pixel. When I switch on the KCAL support, it works but I lose the ability to use any sub-zero settings in Lux. Is that normal, or did I miss a setting somewhere?
21st September 2017, 06:59 PM |#2127  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
For every morning no random brightness changes or jittery transitions. Trying the latest beta now. May be helpful but some people trying to set on night mode.
20th October 2017, 01:48 AM |#2128  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Still working great on my lg v30 (7.1.2).
10th November 2017, 06:11 AM |#2129  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sleeping itself.
Recently my Lux Lite goes to "sleeping" automatically after few minutes, and everytime i wake up the phone i need to manually turn off the "sleeping" before lux will update screen brightness. Then after while "sleeping" gets turned on by itself again. Is this by design? It wasn't behaving like this before.

I've done a search and it seems that last time someone reported this problem was 2015...

oneplus2
10th November 2017, 07:16 AM |#2130  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,429

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljai

Recently my Lux Lite goes to "sleeping" automatically after few minutes, and everytime i wake up the phone i need to manually turn off the "sleeping" before lux will update screen brightness. Then after while "sleeping" gets turned on by itself again. Is this by design? It wasn't behaving like this before.

I've done a search and it seems that last time someone reported this problem was 2015...

oneplus2

Well the last time Lux Lite was updated was in 2015 - No idea if your issue is because of continued development in other areas of your device / rom or if you're having an issue without any other changes?

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
5th December 2017, 07:19 AM |#2131  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Does anyone have a problem that light sensor keeps jumping back and forwards between 0 and 1 lux in difficult dim lighting conditions? Can I change settings somehow to alter this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)