[Q&A/T][ChauTien_SlimKat_4.4.2_V4.8][UNOFFICAL][Compiled]

Search This thread

barker_cry

Nov 29, 2005
Hi, I'm trying to install the rom but the phone remain on the slimkat logo screen.
Hspl 3.03, black lk, radio rom 2.15.50.14, sd 1gb ram + 3 gb etx4.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

hrk_usa

May 29, 2014
HTC-HD2

Hi
thank for your rom.
I install your rom on my htc hd2 and it frequently shows the massage "Unfortunately...." and hangs then force me to restart it.
why this happen?
how much must be cache size?
thank again

Last edited:

Ahmed93

Oct 24, 2011
Hi
thank for your rom.
I install your rom on my htc hd2 and it frequently shows the massage "Unfortunately...." and hangs then force me to restart it.
why this happen?
how much must be cache size?
thank again

did you mess with the processor/governor ?

was it a clean install?

BlinqDroid

Jun 2, 2014
Google search results show black screen despite disabling it in hwa settings, any idea about that?
Great rom otherwise.

Apr 3, 2010
broken link to 4.8

Hi chautruongthinh,
would you be so kind to refresh broken link to SlimKat V4.8 (05-05-2014). :crying:
thx in adv.

Raymundo Alvarez

Jun 23, 2014
Call Issue

First of all thank you for the ROM, everything is going on great except when I make a phone call the receiver doesn`t hear me but I can hear; but when a I receive a phone call everything goes finw, I would apreciate your help because I love how my phone works with slimkat. Thanks! :good:

Miko1379

Jun 25, 2014
Zanjan
I don't have such problem ...

First of all thank you for the ROM, everything is going on great except when I make a phone call the receiver doesn`t hear me but I can hear; but when a I receive a phone call everything goes finw, I would apreciate your help because I love how my phone works with slimkat. Thanks! :good:
Man , Maybe if you play with Radio ROMs or doing a wipe , fixes it ... ( Remember that wiping erases all data so make a backup first )

netslayer

May 28, 2010
Testing installation methods

First off thanks for such a great rom!

I've been testing various installation methods the leyman/common consumer would use.

For example this:

MagDLR > 4EXTRecovery SD (Archived zip) > RMNET > DirectSD > 2 of Suitably Sized EXT4 Partitions 1024GB Page swap (Class 10 SanDisk 32GB SD card)

...produces the most stable results.

I've had issues trying TWRP/4EXT/CWM etc When using their nand versions...
No bad blocks as of yet on my HD2 (checked with MTTY) or on my SD card.

Nand/DataOnEXT installations of this rom, frequently have error messages like : "Unfortunately <this app> has stopped"

Any idea as to why that is?

My theory is the difference in read/write speed.

My second question regards NativeSD and DirectSD Installations:

After flashing these roms using either nand/sd recovery.. it doesn't allow me to flash zips over the rom. While the process seems successful. Nothing is written to the contents of either EXT partitions, Perhaps it cannot recognise them?

Thirdly does this rom include init.d support on Native/DirectSD installed roms?
After using 00tests for init.d no log files have been produced... suggesting no.
Yet there are clearly other scripts in there... like 99swap.
... and the swap partition is being used.

I'm sorry if these questions seem nooby, I have used the search function and found nothing helpful.

nik012003

Oct 10, 2013
Foggia
I've tryed to install slimkat rom on htc hd2 512 mb, but i have got an error in the installation.
Can you help me?
Thx in adv.
Can i use normal cwm recovery or 4ext recovery?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I've tryed to install slimkat rom on htc hd2 512 mb, but i have got an error in the installation.
Can you help me?
Thx in adv.
Can i use normal cwm recovery or 4ext recovery?
What error?
probably 4ext

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Nand/DataOnEXT installations of this rom, frequently have error messages like : "Unfortunately <this app> has stopped"

Any idea as to why that is?

My theory is the difference in read/write speed.

Maybe fixing permissions would help, use Rom Manager app

My second question regards NativeSD and DirectSD Installations:

After flashing these roms using either nand/sd recovery.. it doesn't allow me to flash zips over the rom.

It is a bit fiddly flashing zips to NativeSD roms, you have to define which NativeSD rom you want to update, see this post. Else you can adb push the files individually or use a root browser, remember to fix permissions.

Thirdly does this rom include init.d support on Native/DirectSD installed roms?
pretty sure it does, what did 00tests do?

idlehands

Mar 8, 2010
mexico city
Im stuck con slimkat logo, also my touchscreen is dead so is there any plan in the near future to use otg support I'm on ICS with otg support but I wanna use kk

Thanks great job!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ... Unfortunately ...

Im stuck con slimkat logo, also my touchscreen is dead so is there any plan in the near future to use otg support I'm on ICS with otg support but I wanna use kk

Thanks great job!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
Dear friend ... as I know , HD2's ICS supports USB Host ( Mouse / Key board / etc. also storage if you include a 5V battery to power supply the Storage ) but I don't think there would be any for KK as the JB one ( using Ultra kernel ) is still under development by our friend , @gilbert32 ( not sure if he is still working on it ... ) anyway , currently there is no KK USB Host Support ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Reactions: idlehands

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Am I Missing Something?

Or am I missing something's? There's shortcut's for AC!D Audio and Gmail but no actual app's present.

I did a factory reset before installing and wipe data in aroma and I just noticed this using Go Launcher. I can tell which one's are missing cause it's not the actual icon just a ghost/fake generic grey and white icon. How do I get all these back?

I didn't see any extra's in downloads on the thread and there were no links for gapp's to install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaxs

Mar 7, 2014
Manual needed

Hey guys,

sorry for my question but is there a manual how to install that rom?
I haven´t done that before and I want to upgrade from Win to Android with that custom rom.

Is there flash software or something that I need to do it?

Thx

JonY3000X

Apr 21, 2015
How to take a screenshot

Hi,
@chautruongthinh first of all I really love your rom.
But there is one question (which might sound stupid :silly:) how do I take a screenshot?

Thanks,
JonY3000X

Simonas0

Mar 16, 2011
Vilnius
Hello,
I'm stuck at SlimKat logo..
Trying to get System on nand + data on EXT
SD Card has 1GB EXT4 and 1GB FAT
On HD2 cache 45MB, system partition 320MB
Rom flashed thru recovery bundled with latest MAGLDR 1.13
Anyone know what is wrong? THANKS!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

attachment.php

Click link here>> [05-MAY-2014][ChauTien_SlimKat_4.4.2_V4.8][UNOFFICAL][Compiled] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

First of all welcome to this thread. I wanted to be the first poster in this Q&T thread, especially created and dedicated to my ROM thread, to show my appreciation to be able being a part of this.. I want to thank @Robbie P, and of course the entire Q&T Team (all of them are RC's), to make this possible.
    Now a little word about the goal of this specific Q&T thread:
    "goal of this specific thread is to clean up my development ROM thread with Off Topic posts. These kind of posts will ,with this especially created Q&T thread , redirected to this new Q&A/T thread. With Off Topic post we, @Robbie P and I, mean posts that are not directly ROM development related, e.g. I want to use ths ROM, how to install it or can I use this app with this ROM,etc. @Robbie P and I will be monitoring my ROM thread for these kind of posts and ask the poster kindly to move his post to this thread. We hope that after a certain amount of time this will be self-sustaining and becoming a normal thing to do.

Many thanks to @Robbie P and the entire Q&T team,
    chautruongthinh
    Good Job @chautruongthinh when you have a moment, can you post a link to this thread in the rom OP, many thanks.
    downloading. wait for some fixes. will try it if i have free time. :eek: Thanks for the port. If i could help by some way( even from testing) it would be great.:eek:

It is not port ROM. It is compile ROM, i must work very hard to make it work!!