[Q] CM9 i9300 advice

Search This thread

danfedida

Nov 12, 2010
Hello helpful people. I'd like to start by saying I've been rooting and playing with roms for a few years now (all HTCs) and although I've never posted a question before, all your generosity toward other folks with problems has always saved my bacon also. So thanks. However my girlfriend switched from HTC to a GS3 i9300 and have had... challenges... getting CM9 or CM10 nightlies to work 100%. All have been sorted now bar just one niggling problem. The Wifi.

When trying to connect to wifi it will see all APs, let you type in the password but will not finish connecting. The status says Saved but will not actually connect. Using stock or ARHD this is not a problem. Now my research got me to a stage where I can manually initialise the wifi by typing the following in to the terminal (or through adb):

echo murata > /data/.cid.info
chown system /data/.cid.info
chgrp wifi /data/.cid.info
chmod 0660 /data/.cid.info

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup.

Now I know everyone's feelings on doing the research before asking the collective and I feel I've now reached a dead end in my search. So all I'm asking is if someone can at least point me in the right direction of what to look into? Why this could be happening and where to go from here. Of course if someone does know about a permanent fix I'd be grateful to hear it!

Thanks in advance. Thanks for reading.

kochen

Oct 5, 2012
GREAT FIX! :good::good::good:

I had the same wifi problem, but I actually didn't have the /data/.cid.info file at all.
now I can easily create it, and connect to any wireless network...! :laugh:

danfedida

Nov 12, 2010
GREAT FIX! :good::good::good:

I had the same wifi problem, but I actually didn't have the /data/.cid.info file at all.
now I can easily create it, and connect to any wireless network...! :laugh:

That's great! :victory: I'm curious to know - do you lose the ability again when you reboot the phone? Every time I reboot I have to re-enter those commands.

kochen

Oct 5, 2012
That's great! :victory: I'm curious to know - do you lose the ability again when you reboot the phone? Every time I reboot I have to re-enter those commands.
yep, every time I reboot I need to create that file.
but since I'm hardly ever rebooting my device, it doesn't really bother me...

doc.omar

Dec 2, 2012
didnt work for me... i put in the codes, but im still getting the same wifi issues.

same problem here! i dont have any .cid.info and when i try to put the commands in the terminal i get "permission denied" after the first command..

anyone got an idea? i tried reflashing cm 9.1 and i tried a full wipe and nothing worked..

GD748

Sep 8, 2012
Hi guys would just like to ask my friend just bought a second hand GTi9300 today wanted to root it but keep sayin error get pit mapping is thier a way around this Please

kochen

Oct 5, 2012
same problem here! i dont have any .cid.info and when i try to put the commands in the terminal i get "permission denied" after the first command..

anyone got an idea? i tried reflashing cm 9.1 and i tried a full wipe and nothing worked..

u need to become root.
try this as the first command:
Code:
su -
a

Hi guys would just like to ask my friend just bought a second hand GTi9300 today wanted to root it but keep sayin error get pit mapping is thier a way around this Please
this has nothing to do with this thread!

Oby One

Jul 15, 2009
I am using 9.1.0 and except the wifi problem there is nothing wrong with it.
Are you trying to say that there will be no more development to 9.1.0 and I should proably upgrade to 10.x anyway ?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I wouldn't use anything lower than 10.1 if you have an i9300 with sds effected internal memory. You should check your memory chip. Read my "important - sds are you affected" thread. Its stuck at the top of the s3 general section

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Oby One

Glebun

Jun 6, 2010
Kyiv
I am using 9.1.0 and except the wifi problem there is nothing wrong with it.
Are you trying to say that there will be no more development to 9.1.0 and I should proably upgrade to 10.x anyway ?

I just don't understand why you would use ICS when there's JB. and no, of course there will be no more development

Oby One

Jul 15, 2009
Ok, you just scared me!
I installed the emmc check and it said:
eMMC chip
Type: VTU00M
Date: 05/2012
FwRev: 0xf1
SGS3 Sudden Death ?
YES, Insane chip .....

Then I run the memory test and:
Congratulations. Test passed
623s,
14.7Gb @24.2Mb/s

This means that I got the bad chip.... but the memory isn't yet affected/corrupted so if I apply the kernel fix....I will my memory be ok in the future?
I still have to read it again to fully understand it.

Oby One

Jul 15, 2009
It only seems that way.
I've updated to the latest Cm nightly 10.1-20130511-Nighly-i9300 that should contain the fix being above the recommended CM 10.1 Nightly 20130109 (i9300 AOSP)
Hope it will be ok and thank you very much for the early warning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Permanente WiFi Fix

does someone find a permanent fiix of it ?

I have make a flashable zip that can solve your problem, you just need to flash it after you upgrade the rom. I have tested it only on the cm10.1 but it will work on every rom with init.d support.

Excuse me for my bad english
    Hello helpful people. I'd like to start by saying I've been rooting and playing with roms for a few years now (all HTCs) and although I've never posted a question before, all your generosity toward other folks with problems has always saved my bacon also. So thanks. However my girlfriend switched from HTC to a GS3 i9300 and have had... challenges... getting CM9 or CM10 nightlies to work 100%. All have been sorted now bar just one niggling problem. The Wifi.

When trying to connect to wifi it will see all APs, let you type in the password but will not finish connecting. The status says Saved but will not actually connect. Using stock or ARHD this is not a problem. Now my research got me to a stage where I can manually initialise the wifi by typing the following in to the terminal (or through adb):

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup.

Now I know everyone's feelings on doing the research before asking the collective and I feel I've now reached a dead end in my search. So all I'm asking is if someone can at least point me in the right direction of what to look into? Why this could be happening and where to go from here. Of course if someone does know about a permanent fix I'd be grateful to hear it!

Wifi is working !!!!

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. "I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup."

THANKS THANKS A LOT .. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS TO ME!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I HAVE BEEN STUCK WITH WIFI NOT WORKING IN ANY ROMS DUE TO THIS ****ING PROBLEM AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!! I WAS USING JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 SAMSUNG ROM UPTO NOW.. AS NO CUSTOM ROMS COULD CONNECT TO WIFI!!! THANKS A LOT.. I SEARCHED EVERYWHERE!! THIS POST IS NOT POPULAR!! LITERALLY DEAD HAVING A NEW S3 BUT UNABLE TO USE CUTOM ROMS!!!! THANKS!! IT WORKS!! CHEERS..
    why are you using CM9?
    I wouldn't use anything lower than 10.1 if you have an i9300 with sds effected internal memory. You should check your memory chip. Read my "important - sds are you affected" thread. Its stuck at the top of the s3 general section

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2