[ROM][19 OCT] Bulletproof 2.2.1 | New MIUI Battery Bar!

Search This thread

zrex

Trying this right now. will report.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Roman,

I followed the directions and did a format instead of a wipe and it is working smoothly. I was coming from CM7 and it worked like a charm.

No FC, quick reboots. I just slap it senseless and have a question. How do you change the 4 app choices on the lockscreen?

soma900

Nov 21, 2009

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Roman,

I followed the directions and did a format instead of a wipe and it is working smoothly. I was coming from CM7 and it worked like a charm.

No FC, quick reboots. I just slap it senseless and have a question. How do you change the 4 app choices on the lockscreen?

Try this: go to Settings => Personalize => Lockscreen, choose settings then ...

Reactions: zrex

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
Whew. This is an awesome ROM. Only issue I've ran into is that I installed the Wifi Calling from Bloater, but it just keeps saying it's connecting. I've tried connecting it to both of my home routers and nothing.

EDIT: Rebooted to see if that was the issue, now it says the "Process system is not responding". Screen is froze.

Reactions: Romanbb

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co

Roman,

May have to install all the sense stuff back, personalize, then remove again.

Whew. This is an awesome ROM. Only issue I've ran into is that I installed the Wifi Calling from Bloater, but it just keeps saying it's connecting. I've tried connecting it to both of my home routers and nothing.

EDIT: Rebooted to see if that was the issue, now it says the "Process system is not responding". Screen is froze.

Yeah that's the issue some are having randomly. A reboot usually fixes it. Try going into recovery and formatting cache, that seems to help quite a bit.

Also, you did have to reboot after installing WiFi Calling. That System FC is so random... really wish I could track it down. It rarely even happens so I can't recreate it either. I haven't experienced it since formatting cache though...

Reactions: HashTagHell

MMoodyB

Jul 22, 2011
Motherwell
Configure them before you remove Sense I guess?

Edit - was replying to zrex, nut I'm obviously too slow.

Posted using the XDA Premium app

Last edited:

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
Yeah that's the issue some are having randomly. A reboot usually fixes it. Try going into recovery and formatting cache, that seems to help quite a bit.

Also, you did have to reboot after installing WiFi Calling. That System FC is so random... really wish I could track it down. It rarely even happens so I can't recreate it either. I haven't experienced it since formatting cache though...

Thanks. Got my System back after wiping the cache in recovery. Also wifi calling is working. Great work and support my man.

Oct 2, 2010
Hey man, this isn't really a pressing issue for me, but I was just curious...

1) What features/fixes are there in Android 2.3.5 that aren't in 2.3.4?

2) Will an update to a 2.3.5 base cause problems and/or be unnecessarily time-consuming, and

3) If none of the above are true, can we expect Bulletproof to get a 2.3.5 upgrade in the near future?

When I have tried 2.3.5 ROMs, I haven't really noticed a huge speed increase, so I was mostly just wondering what makes it so special. Does it install an extra million lines of code that unlock your phone's magic powers to turn everything into Androids, or is it really nothing special?

Jumpjet

Jan 29, 2009
When I installed 1.2 I noticed that my battery temperature does not work. It stays between 76 & 77F. I haven't tried 1.2.1 yet but am wondering if anyone else is having that issue?

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
I want to change my ROM again :D

This one seems really cool ! Just a question, how do you describe the battery life with this kernel and this rom ?

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co

This one seems really cool ! Just a question, how do you describe the battery life with this kernel and this rom ?

It's stupendous!

Tomorrow or this weekend, I will be adding initial lockscreen support for the stock Gingerbread lockscreen (with the call bug fixed ;)). Then after I get some time, I'll add rotary, my honeycomb lockscreen, and maybe 4tab, maybe.

Jumpjet

Jan 29, 2009
Installed 1.2.1 and still having battery temperature problems. Temp stuck on 77F. Is this a rom issue or hardware issue? It was working prior which makes me believe it's rom related.

Jumpjet

Jan 29, 2009
Kernel version shows:
2.6.35.13-g3422292
htc-kernel@and18-2#1

I'm not sure what it was before I flashed the stock kernel. Is that the stock kernel number?

nextonline

Apr 14, 2011

I'm at 40% right now, 7 hours, but I'm constantly browsing the web, watched a bunch of YouTube, some ustream, some music playback. I think that's considered heavy use?

Although I just crashed while googling stuff, had to pull the battery...

Reactions: Bluewall

Paging Dr B

Jan 7, 2009
Los Angeles
When ever I click personalize it moves me back to my homescreen. I am using GoLauncher and just removed everything sense. I don't think this will work.

If you're using a 3rd party launcher then you have to go to settings, manage apps, all, HTC sense, and choose clear defaults. After that you can make the change to the lockscreen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bulletproof 2.2 - Sense 3.5 Builds

CqNQh.png

Find Bulletproof 1.X in post #3!

2.X are based on the 2.08.401.1 LEAK base. These builds are made with the same love as the 1.X builds, but they are not a priority. They are for fun! Every feature I add to it will not be half assed, it will be done correctly and properly using the newest code and not using any old APKs or JAR files from older builds. It IS IS IS a debugging build from HTC, this is why it's not my #1 priority. I am updating my mod code to Sense 3.5 mainly for future releases.

Features

The usual suspects
    • WWE 2.08.401.1 Base - Android 2.3.5 // Sense 3.5
    • Stock kernel included
    • Rooted, unsecure boot.img
    • Zipaligned & zipaligns /data/app, /system/app, /system/framework at boot for you
    • Screenshot enabled with Power + Home
    • Extended power menu
    • Busybox with runparts (init.d support)
    • Bash command & nano editor
    • Only a few APKs removed for now
    • Unlimited browser tabs (well 255 technically)
    • SD readahead set to 2048

Rosie Tweaks
    • Enable/disable Sense unlock animation (carousel effect)
    • 4 column app drawer or 5 column app drawer (configured in Tweaks)
    • CUSTOM personalize button on Sense 3 launcher! (you can choose your own app! Defaults to browser)
    • disable/enable paginated app drawer

Statusbar Tweaks
    • Custom Extended settings with an extra Ringtone slider
    • Ability to hide recent apps in pulldown (hidden by default)
    • Clock options (colors/am pm settings/hide)
    • Signal options (color/dbm text/hide)
    • Battery options (text/automagically colored text based on battery level/hide icon)
    • Choose between showing H or 4G in the statusbar
    • hide any extended settings you don't want!
    • center clock!
    • quick-quick settings option (automatically turn to settings when no notifications to clear)

Other Additions
    • My permissions init.d script (fixes most permissions on each boot)
    • Added mod version to settings display
    • Added tweaks shortcut to settings
    • CRT Animations (with ability to toggle which you want, screen on/off)
    • Overscroll (ability to toggle off/glow/bounce/bounce+glow) - enable in tweaks
    • Toggle screenshot on/off - your choice
    • EXT 4 optimizations
    • Keep your home launcher in memory
    • Improved overall UI smoothness
    • Hardware GUI rendering

Bugs

I am not aware of any bugs at the moment. Please report any you may find!​

Change Log
    Code:
    [u][B][SIZE="4"]2.2.1 - Oct 19[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]fix volume wake not working =D
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.2 - Oct 18[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]added volume wake toggle in Lockscreen settings
    [*]added MIUI battery bar option
    [*]added screen on SMS (thanks capychip)
    [*]added transparent rosie option (credits to capy chip again for this one)
    [*]added back paginated app drawer
    [*]screenshots now saved to /sdcard/screenshots
    [*]removed HTC loggers
    [*]added bloater
    [*]added titanium backup
    [*]added mod version to settings
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.1.5 - Oct 11[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]fixed wallpaper Rosie issue
    [*]added rotation animation
    [*]added Bloater back by default for awesomeness
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.1 - Oct 6[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]added overscroll options
    [*]added rosie unlock animation enable/disable
    [*]added rosie personalize
    [*]added rosie kill option in sense tweaks
    [*]rosie tweaks will now hide if you don't have rosie installed :)
    [*]your selected app's name will now show up instead of "Personalize"
    [*]added 5 column rosie app drawer
    [*]fixed quick-quick settings toggles
    [*]upgraded to SU 3.0.2
    [*]added HTC Notes (thanks to baadnewz for this)
    [*]fixed APM reboot showing "Work"
    [*]fixed recent apps not hiding from 2.0.2
    [*]that's it I think...
    [/LIST]
    [u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0.2 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix show-recent applications toggle

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0.1 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix APM reboot problem

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]Redid most mods for Sense 3.5 (mainly so I can have them done for when a non-debugging leak hits
    [*]Most mods are working, ones greyed out in tweaks are NOT implemented yet. They may or may not be. 
    [/LIST]

[U]Notes[/U]
    » This IS a dev debug build from HTC so I am not worried about doing everything hastily. It's fun to play with, not 100% yet.
    » I never use old code for a new base. Other ROMs may have CRT and such, only because they're using older jars. That's not good. CRT is a lot more difficult this time around. It will come when I have some more time to hack at it (already spent a couple hours trying to get it to work =[)
    » There is TONS of debugging output from the dev build. It may be placebo, but turning debugging off makes the phone seem a little faster to me. I've disabled it by default (on a fresh flash).

Screenshots

Install Instructions
    1. Make a nandroid backup. Losing 10 minutes of your life is easier to cope with than losing a phone ;)
    2. Download, match MD5 tags, copy to SD card
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. REQUIRED: format /cache (not wipe)
    5. OPTIONAL: wipe/factory reset. I highly recommend doing this when coming from a different ROM, that said it's your choice. Please don't report bugs if you have not wiped.
    6. Install ROM from zip.
    7. Reboot, wait ~20m,

Download

Bulletproof 2.2

md5: e7f2767fe11d954c589a79987930965c

ROM Devs: please read my sharing policy below!

Upgrade 2.1 + => 2.2.1

md5: 1c307815d5a43c2b89ad51a09794746e

My Sharing Policy
    If you would like to implement any of the feature I've added in my ROM (that I've created myself), all I ask is that you wait 7 days after I've released a feature and then you may add it. 7 days. After that, all I ask is you give proper credit to all developers. None of this falls under GPL, so to say the least, I think that is fair to ask.​

Credits
    • Cyanogenmod
    • snq-
    • baadnewz
    • mike1986
    • faux
    • damo
    • capychimp
    • everyone else who contributes
    • jjdoctor
    BP 1.X builds moved to separate thread
    For science!

About matching Hashes
    Matching hashes is extremely important, especially with these large Sense ROMs. Basically, it confirms that you downloaded the exact same file I uploaded, without any corruption. You can check your hashes with a few ways. You can download the program called HashTab and it will check them. Or you can check them with ADB. You can run the following command to see the hash (it will take a second, your phone has to process a large file).

Code:
    roman$ adb shell md5sum /sdcard/bulletproof_02.zip (or your file.zip)

[B]93c0f076256a75e5d871568e1f2e1736[/B]  /sdcard/bulletproof_02.zip

As you can see, the hash returned does not match the hash I posted (053f2146b68618dd1fecaa71bddc0ac5) that means it either didn't copy on my phone correctly or the download was corrupt.
    First impression since coming back from aosp: I now remember why this has been my daily driver since its release. Its like bacon wrapped bacon with a side of sex. Thanks again roman.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App
    v1.1 is working excellent! No issues so far. Running w Faux v18r3 kernel at 1.5Ghz.

For others, I am working on getting Romanbb the info so he can "port" (aka research) some of the tweaks and mods available on other builds and implement them in BP. They are all minor, but add up over time.These were not stolen from another build, they are available here

Everyone owes Romannbb a HUGE thanks for working so hard on this build, and adding so many unique and innovative features (name a build that has anything like EDT tweaks), as opposed to just adding every hack\mod you can read about. Its the development that makes the difference :) Huge thanks from myself for your work!

Possible Additions to Build.prop:

• ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 - Locks Sense launcher in RAM, must use for me otherwise launcher keeps reloading
    • windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=120-180 - should smooth scrolling a bit
    • wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90-180 - increases length between WiFi Scans
    • ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000 - These both improve JPEG quality, may be included already
    • ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
    • ro.ext4fs=1 - EXT4 optimizations

Possible New Features for builds

• Ability to make Rosie background partially transparent (not sure, may be easier w/ a flashable add-on which I already have if needed)
    • Make Virtuous_OC Daemon available via Bloater
    • Update SU to 3.0beta4
    • Ability to enable\disable what shows in Extended Quick Settings (tough one, i think)
    • Volume Wake (really tough, from what we've discussed)
    • Auto-brightness adjustment (this is a BIG one for me, it involves retuning the auto-brightness so it doesn't waste as much battery...its been a HUGE battery saver for me)
    Issues Ive run into (Not all actual issue, just stuff I'm not sure about)
    Rosie scrolling acts very strange when page scrolling is disabled. It doesnt "flow" or scroll correctly, its very jumpy and seems to want to stop at certain areas (T and F, i noticed but not sure its related to the app names)