[App] Xperia S music player for Arc/Arc S 2.3.4.

Search This thread

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
xperias.jpg

Hello All, I want to share instructions to make the Xperia S music player work for Arc/Arc S.

I did not do anything except trying it out and putting all the fix together to make it work good and with my instructions in this thread. :)

(I will try to mention all the people who made it possible, but if I forget someone please bare with me or I can add later here).

It is very nice player and has good functions such as SenseME(TM), Market extensions app (eg. video search etc), Music download info, MP3 id-tagger, albumart grabber, equallizer, new widget, nice UI, add to favorites function, very good sound of the speaker and sweep action to change song etc.

Instructions:
---------------

You need a rooted Arc/ Arc S with 2.3.4 Gingerbread and CWM-recovery.

(a) Download the pack from below.
(b) Extract it all and transfer the files to the SD-card.
(c) Start by installing following like a regular app: MusicWidget.apk, SemcMusic.apk and Soundenhancement.apk (overwrite any present).
(d) Now you need to reboot your phone into CWM-recovery mode.
(e) Install via CWM from the SD-card: Soundfx_Xperia_S.zip and start your phone again.
(f) Then copy these files: FBMusicLike.apk, SemcdataMetaCleanup.apk and AudioEffectService.apk into /system/
(g) Make permission rw-r--r-- on these files.
(h) Then move the three files into system/app/
(i) Uncheck and recheck "facebook inside xperia" at settings (to activate the like button).

My Arc phone is with .62 firmware and Doomlord kernel v19 and it works very well. :D

Very much thanks to: FlamEmo, Maodevil and The_black_dragon.

(Please don't kill me if your phone will explode. It is up to you to try it)! :rolleyes:

You can download the files here (updated): http://www.mediafire.com/?ylp26p767kqph9l
:)

Last edited:

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
Couple of corrections:

(g) Make permission rw-r--r-- on these two files.
(h) Then move the two files into system/app/

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well I must be doing something really wrong because all I got when pressing on the cover Album is the menu in the attachment...

I'm gonna start all over and see if I can fix it...

Edit: I fixed it... I started from Zero flashing a .62 Firmware and then replacing the apks...

be9520b5-52be-b134.jpg

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xperias.jpg

Hello All, I want to share instructions to make the Xperia S music player work for Arc/Arc S.

I did not do anything except trying it out and putting all the fix together to make it work good and with my instructions in this thread. :)

(I will try to mention all the people who made it possible, but if I forget someone please bare with me or I can add later here).

It is very nice player and has good functions such as SenseME(TM), Market extensions app (eg. video search etc), Music download info, MP3 id-tagger, albumart grabber, equallizer, new widget, nice UI, add to favorites function, very good sound of the speaker and sweep action to change song etc.

Instructions:
    ---------------

You need a rooted Arc/ Arc S with 2.3.4 Gingerbread and CWM-recovery.

(a) Download the pack from below.
    (b) Extract it all and transfer the files to the SD-card.
    (c) Start by installing following like a regular app: MusicWidget.apk, SemcMusic.apk and Soundenhancement.apk (overwrite any present).
    (d) Now you need to reboot your phone into CWM-recovery mode.
    (e) Install via CWM from the SD-card: Soundfx_Xperia_S.zip and start your phone again.
    (f) Then copy these files: FBMusicLike.apk, SemcdataMetaCleanup.apk and AudioEffectService.apk into /system/
    (g) Make permission rw-r--r-- on these files.
    (h) Then move the three files into system/app/
    (i) Uncheck and recheck "facebook inside xperia" at settings (to activate the like button).

My Arc phone is with .62 firmware and Doomlord kernel v19 and it works very well. :D

Very much thanks to: FlamEmo, Maodevil and The_black_dragon.

(Please don't kill me if your phone will explode. It is up to you to try it)! :rolleyes:

You can download the files here (updated): http://www.mediafire.com/?ylp26p767kqph9l
    :)
    Do you know why the background doesn't change colour depending on the album playing? Is it possible to make it change?
    Follow everything in here,all works for me(color changing,clear bass,surround modes,play on devices etc....) ;)
    Is there any way to have "Facebook" Music Like with this Music Player? I Love the UI and everything but I do miss the Facebook's Music Like button :)

Thanks!

Install in system/app with right permissions :D
    Thanks! I deleted the previous FB Like apk and pushed this one to /system/app give the proper permissions but it doesn't show the like button on the new music player...

Is it working for you my friend?

Thanks in advance.

Yes:) tap the album cover and a pop up menu will show up:D
    @databugen

is this working in unlock bootloader ? cheers

Yes dude

Sent from my LT15a using xda premium