New sms update htc

Search This thread

Churtit

Jun 16, 2009
Morning all,

Just wanted to point out that today 14-01-10 there has been a new HTC SMS FIX rolled out from the website and its done the trick for me, sending/reci seems to be much better, loading of SMS threading now works still a bit slow but allows you to type a msg while it loads. I also had an issue where 'tap to start message' would not work on some contacts and this is fixed as well.

URL (Will not let me due to restrictions but the update is on the HTC site.)

Please let me know how you get on with this fix, *touch wood* one step closer to this phone being how it should have been out the box :)

Thanks,

Charles.

pool7979

Feb 4, 2008
i saw the update on the south east asia site. perhaps those who cant find the update can download from there ? btw, do we needa uninstall the old htc sms patch ? weird.. i tried to install the hotfix, it says the hotfix is not compatible with ur device ! omgg

pool7979

Feb 4, 2008
by the way, those who have successfully installed the patch , do u guys have netcf 3.5 on ur phones ? jus wanna try locate whats causing the error . thanks !

snerkler

Dec 14, 2009
Does anyone know if it corrects the problem when you press the 12# key the cursor jumps to the middle of the message?

seloz

Jan 2, 2010
Installed it, works fine. I never had the sms bug but this fix does seem to speed things up quite a bit. I did not uninstall the last hotfix, just installed it and done.

I do have the 3.5 framework installed

Installed it, works fine. I never had the sms bug but this fix does seem to speed things up quite a bit. I did not uninstall the last hotfix, just installed it , softreset and done.

I do have the 3.5 framework installed

Does anyone know if it corrects the problem when you press the 12# key the cursor jumps to the middle of the message?

It does not fix this.. not on my phone.

I use the NLD 1.48 rom and it works fine.

Last edited:

johnw007

Apr 27, 2005
I am using 3.5 NETCF

And i did not install the previous fix

and once it installs, it auto soft reset, go to the remove program is not there at all.

Stan3k

Jul 11, 2008
The update installed fine for me (CF 3.5 and previous hotfix installed).

It seems to have caused "- GSM" to be appended to the end of every text that already existed on my phone (both sent and received), but not to any texts sent/received since applying the update (almost like they accidentally left some debug information in the fix, as with some of my longer texts it is appearing on top of the date/time). Anyone else see this?

Last edited: