[ROM] OpenEclair v1.2.1 - AOSP 2.1-update1 Community ROM [Fast] [Stable] [02/13/2010]

Search This thread

Morrolan

Oct 16, 2009
New York
did you try adb remount? do you have access to /system via terminal?

what version of SuperUser.apk is on this rom (version with check option "remember" is a bit buggy - the old version with "allow" and "allways allow" button works much better)

I don't even want to get started on how bad adb sucks on my PC. :p I've tried with both terminal and console in 1.5.2 and it's the same story. When I type su in terminal, I get the superuser with remember, but that's the one that comes with this ROM.

Not to sound like I beat dead horses, but when I use that Hero_Over OG12 ROM for eclair, I have no problem with terminal or console. Yet every other eclair ROM gives me the same problem. I do everything but repartition the sdcard when I flash.

Another question that came to mind. The stock keyboard sucks. Nobody has mentioned it, so is it doable to install htc_ime on any of these eclair ROMs?

For the record G1, 8GB card with 96/512/remainder ext3.

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
I don't even want to get started on how bad adb sucks on my PC. :p I've tried with both terminal and console in 1.5.2 and it's the same story. When I type su in terminal, I get the superuser with remember, but that's the one that comes with this ROM.

Not to sound like I beat dead horses, but when I use that Hero_Over OG12 ROM for eclair, I have no problem with terminal or console. Yet every other eclair ROM gives me the same problem. I do everything but repartition the sdcard when I flash.

Another question that came to mind. The stock keyboard sucks. Nobody has mentioned it, so is it doable to install htc_ime on any of these eclair ROMs?

For the record G1, 8GB card with 96/512/remainder ext3.

the problem u have, is an known problem with the new SuperUser APK so i think ill wait util flash it till SuperUser got fixed or replaced with the oder Version of SuperUser APK

G Zero

Jan 11, 2010
For the record 1.4 is hands down the fastest Intension/is a very fast Open Eclair. Screen draws the fastest, all of the LWP operate significantly better (Live Waterpaper being the most dramatic, the splashes and ripples now are just amazing) and the sys processes and services running in the BG are a fraction of what there used to be in Intensions Beta days. Killer release overall. Still fascinated how the best keep getting better. And the alliance should now kick 3 different kinds of ass.

Quick Q: does this rom underclock when screen off? I use overclock widget only to save batt by clocking down to 128k when the screen is off. Is this redundant/is it or can it be implemented in the core ROM? I rather use as little external functions as possible where possible, know what I mean?

N1 launcher is not installed in OpenEclair 1. Should I push this to the rom for now, or just wait? ;)

And finally, CM updater promps me for 100% CM updates. Will this change or is there something I can change to make this better?

Keep up the killer work fellas. Devs starting to work together is a flat out hallmark in Android evolution.

shohid1234

Oct 30, 2009
London
mobiletechblogger.co.uk
Flashed and working silky smooth, maket wallpapers are all working, I really like earthrot (spinning earth on homescreen). Nice to see some devs working together too, hope you can get Hero_over on board too.

BTW on the sapphire forum someones got hold of the video/gpu drivers for a 32A.

billquinn1

I am thrilled to see this. I have been disappointed in the "infighting" between some of the devs lately. Community effort and support is why I switched form WinMo to Android.
I do have one suggestion for the group. In the Linux world, most of the distributions use a release schedule. Some are 6 months others vary. Maybe instead of random releases there should be a weekly release (or whatever). That way bugfixes and such can be tested and released in a more orderly fashion.
If you do this right the community will support it as an official type rom. If it seems unreliable that is how it will be perceived. Cyanogen has always been the standard here but I think he suffers from some rushed pieces making it in the wild giving the perception of instability.
I wish you luck and will keep this Rom in my rotation.
Thanks for listening.

nicknowsky

Jan 9, 2008
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Moto E (2020)
@Ctso

Anyway we can get the MoToWeather Widget to be incorporated into a new build OR how to the Installer to work properly I have 2 different .APKs, and Cant get them to install everytime i try it says "This cannot install on this PHONE"

fiktion

Apr 22, 2008
Deer Park, TX
Might be a good idea just to leave CMUpdater out, and let individuals download it from the Market as they see fit. The updater has never worked for me once, so I find it a waste of space.

Dyonas

Jul 18, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I'm quite happy to be proven wrong (devs working together) and I'm going to try and stick with this ROM. However, I have an issue with AGPS that also used to happen with the old 1.5 Hero based ROMs. Put simply it says I'm near rail tracks in Germany. Wrong country for a start and it won't move from there, is this a known issue or am I cursed? Screenshot to show my existence near the tracks.

bah.png

Switching on GPS works but that's a large battery drain, AGPS is better for location based services and a few I've used don't even use the full GPS when it's enabled.

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
[Theme] Enoch port for Openeclair

This is a port of the Enoch theme to work with openeclair rom. It is mostly Enoch with a couple of changes by me. I have changed the dialer a bit to have more readable digits. Also I have included a bit of a different boot animation. This also includes the font that Drpfenderson is including in his current Enoch theme. The theme was built by adding only drawables to the existing apps and framework, so it will be completely compatible. It has been fully optipng'd and zipalign'd for speed. Just flash and go.

link: http://bit.ly/csBVqU

stevemartin1991

May 27, 2009
dumfries
I'm quite happy to be proven wrong (devs working together) and I'm going to try and stick with this ROM. However, I have an issue with AGPS that also used to happen with the old 1.5 Hero based ROMs. Put simply it says I'm near rail tracks in Germany. Wrong country for a start and it won't move from there, is this a known issue or am I cursed? Screenshot to show my existence near the tracks.

bah.png

Switching on GPS works but that's a large battery drain, AGPS is better for location based services and a few I've used don't even use the full GPS when it's enabled.

maybe thats a sign as to where your going to die. id advise not having any holidays in germany any time soon

zeppelin481

Aug 13, 2008
Might be a good idea just to leave CMUpdater out, and let individuals download it from the Market as they see fit. The updater has never worked for me once, so I find it a waste of space.

I think that would defeat the purpose of this ROM. The idea is to simplify the process of updating and to be able to do it right from the phone, as opposed to having to keep checking threads and twitter . Personally, I tested for Chris before the release and it went super smooth for me. I also think more people would be inclined to use it compared to those who wouldn't, and it's not like it takes up a ton of space. Just food for thought...