FORUMS

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87
 
By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2011, 03:54 PM |#451  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi, when I was formatting the SD Card, the maximum value given to me for the cluster size was 16kb.

Now, when I enter MAGLDR and select the option to boot from SD, it seems that the phone says something is wrong with my zImage.

I have tried both Desire DL and RAM Froyo Sense (modded), but both have the same problem.

Is this a problem with the 16kb cluster size or did I miss something out?

Any help is much thanked in advance.
5th February 2011, 01:51 AM |#452  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Same here
^^ im getting the same problem
5th February 2011, 05:35 AM |#453  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Work around to make the Android partition larger that the WP7 partition.
Per the instructions for the single sd card method:

IMPORTANT When using this method make sure that the wp7 "unformatted partition" is larger than the Android partition otherwise the wp7 "unformatted partition" will move in 2nd place and you will not be able to resize the fat 16 / android partition.

"HERE IS A WORK AROUND SO THAT THE ANDROID PARTITION CAN BE THE LARGEST"

When you create the Android partition instead of moving it to the end of the SD card move it to the front. After you go into WP7 the unallocated space will be moved under the 200mb fat partition and you will be able to resize it. "Works like a charm" That is the way that I gave myself 7gb WP7 and 9gb Android Desire HD.
5th February 2011, 05:59 PM |#454  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
is it possible to boot android from nand and wp7 from sd card?
5th February 2011, 06:23 PM |#455  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 87
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateuspt

is it possible to boot android from nand and wp7 from sd card?

No, unfortunately not.
5th February 2011, 06:24 PM |#456  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 87
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_brew

Per the instructions for the single sd card method:

IMPORTANT When using this method make sure that the wp7 "unformatted partition" is larger than the Android partition otherwise the wp7 "unformatted partition" will move in 2nd place and you will not be able to resize the fat 16 / android partition.

"HERE IS A WORK AROUND SO THAT THE ANDROID PARTITION CAN BE THE LARGEST"

When you create the Android partition instead of moving it to the end of the SD card move it to the front. After you go into WP7 the unallocated space will be moved under the 200mb fat partition and you will be able to resize it. "Works like a charm" That is the way that I gave myself 7gb WP7 and 9gb Android Desire HD.

I will post an update for this. Thanks
5th February 2011, 06:56 PM |#457  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
easeus partition manager won't recognise any of my SD card after WP7 formatted it, but my PC does.. So I can't do anything?
5th February 2011, 09:07 PM |#458  
Pens and DreamS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Help please
Everything worked fine, partitions and wp7u boot. But I place android folder in sd but when i choose boot ad as option it says kernel open failed... Do i need to do something else?

im trying tu use this android build... [FEB 04]Copes AOSP SD HD2 GB232/CM7 A2SD [kernel:AmeriCanAndroid HK853+]
5th February 2011, 10:12 PM |#459  
Member
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HectiQ

easeus partition manager won't recognise any of my SD card after WP7 formatted it, but my PC does.. So I can't do anything?

use 3d formatter complete erase or this :-


Insert SD into USB reader
Insert USB reader into Windows Vista/7 PC
Select command prompt
Type DISKPART and press enter
Type List disks and press enter
Identify USB disk ID (usually the last in the list)
Type SELECT DISK x (replacing x with device id from above step). Press Enter
**** WARNING THE NEXT STEP WILL ERASE PARTITION INFORMATION FROM THE SELECTED DEVICE. CHOOSE THE DISK ID CAREFULLY****
Type CLEAN. Press Enter


the latter is in this thread somewhere and saved me when nothing else worked sorry i cant remember who posted it but they are to be thanked . good luck .
6th February 2011, 02:58 AM |#460  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
does anyone have a link to a video tutorial with sound? the one linked in the origional post had no sound for me! or maybe you can help with my problem

i have followed the steps using the single SD card option. when i try to boot into android it take a long time (longer then other SD boots) and sometimes hangs and the 'quietly brillient screen. if it does get past that and the lock screen appears, when i unlock it either the phone it reboots android (i.e not going through magldr) and hangs and the htc screen, or the phone just freezes at the lock screen. this seems to happen when it says 'preparing sd card' in the top left of the screen.

the wp7 install seems to boot fine and recognises the SD card. i have a 16GB card (kingston i think)
6th February 2011, 07:56 AM |#461  
Senior Member
Flag Eugene, OR
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
windows mobile sd boot
can we boot winmo 6.5.x from the SD thanks to this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes