FORUMS

[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By darrengladysz, Senior Member on 14th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2011, 03:42 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dersna

Hey guys,

nice guide, but i still seem to have some problem.

I have a scandisk 4gb class 2 sd where im running WP 7 with. When I reset the phone, and it goes to the MAGDLR menu (and stays there), I remove my sd and put it in my adapter. In the pc it says that it needs to be formatted if i want to use it, when I do this I only have a 200mb card.
If I don't, and open it in the partition manager, it shows a disk with 200 mb of unlocated space, there is no other partition..

Anyone who knows what to do to fix it? I'm sure its a 4gb card, used it in my Nokia before (3 months).

Any help? Or tips? Thanks!

So are you saying it already works with WP7 on it? If so, the WP7 formatted space should be visible in with the EASEUS software mentioned in the first post.

If all else fails, you can try formatting the card in the phone or computer and start over.
25th March 2011, 08:42 PM |#532  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu2cool

So are you saying it already works with WP7 on it? If so, the WP7 formatted space should be visible in with the EASEUS software mentioned in the first post.

If all else fails, you can try formatting the card in the phone or computer and start over.

Yes, I can flash WP7, been using it for about 2 days and its working nice. Wanted to try with an SD Android partition, and actually got it working.

To reply to your tip, I've been formatting and formatting a few times. Strange thing was, no matter how, when I flashed WP7 and inserted the card in my adapter, it only showed a 200mb partition (not even fat16, unformatted or something). When I tried to format it in the partition program, it only found 200mb, nothing more. Also when formatting in explorer, same result, just 200mb nothing more. When inserting in my HD2 and resetting WP, it did found more mbs, the full size.

Then I decided to check it with my N78 (red something about it somewhere on google that nokias can do a lot with SD's). I could open it in the N78 and format it (although it said damaged memorycard). After that, I had my 4gb back. Then I just tried to use the card in my N78 as mass storage (after the WP7 resetting and restarting) and then my pc did see the 2 partitions...?! Strange, guess its my scandisk adapter that wasn't able to read it. Tried it afterwards with another SD and same results!

Now its working, the first boot in WP was buggy, it got stuck and rebooted on sync with my Hotmail account 2 times. Now its running nice, also my SD Android build! (using AmeriCan Droid). THanks for the tutorial!
27th March 2011, 12:05 AM |#533  

More
Any of you guys have a clue why while booting android for the first time it would freeze at the 123456 Go go Go?

I was able to get it to work for just a while but then I wasn't able to get past the green HTC screen so I decided to redo the whole thing and now I'm back to square one...
27th March 2011, 11:45 AM |#534  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyllus

Any of you guys have a clue why while booting android for the first time it would freeze at the 123456 Go go Go?

I was able to get it to work for just a while but then I wasn't able to get past the green HTC screen so I decided to redo the whole thing and now I'm back to square one...

it took me some time to get past the htc bootscreen.. more time then usual (first sd boot under wp7) compared to sd build from wm6.5 or a nand.. Just give it some time? How long did you wait?

If you're stuck, maybe try to copy your android build again to the SD and remove the old files..
29th March 2011, 08:02 PM |#535  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey! Got all of this working well, and now after a day of good, solid, working use, I am having one issue.

-WP7 wont recognize the SD now. When I login it is reset to factory defaults (brown tiles, english language, etc.) and when I go to settings > about it says memory size is like 8mb. I have the stock 16GB Class 2 card that came with the phone.
8th April 2011, 10:58 PM |#536  
Sydney, AU
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustrax

You must use minitool partition magic to change the wp7 partition from logical to primary... I believe those instructions were added to tutorial. Once both are primary, android mounts card fine. I've included minitool to post for convenience.

Hi, I was able to 'Set Active' my logical WP7 partition, but there is no way to change it from Logical to Primary.
how do I do that? (With setting it as active, Android is still unable to recognize the SD Card)
24th April 2011, 04:05 PM |#537  

More
Windows Phone 7 keeps on formatting the card
Hi

I'm attempting to use the THIRD method (single SD) and I'm having problems with WP7 always formatting my 32GB SD card. I've followed the guide step by step and split the card down the middle obviously giving WP7 (on the rightmost side partition) the most amount of disk space.

When I get to step 7, WP7 always resets the SD card to the full 32GB. In fact, even when I don't perform a full phone reset, WP7 clears the partitions back to 200MB FAT and rest unallocated space. I've read the guide word by word, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Is it a problem with my memory card?

Any help would be appreciated, its really doing my head it!
27th May 2011, 11:40 PM |#538  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
everything is great. thank you my HD2 goes crazy
28th May 2011, 06:28 AM |#539  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Very helpful guide, I got my HD2 running WP7 and fully compatible for an Android build on my 16Gb SD.

Thanks
12th June 2011, 10:54 PM |#540  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwave911

Very helpful guide, I got my HD2 running WP7 and fully compatible for an Android build on my 16Gb SD.

Thanks

hi coolwave. what method did you use? i got an hd7 and i want to dual boot hd7 and android. but i dont want any problems that other people are having, like, having 4mb of storage in the sd card. let me know. thanks.
18th June 2011, 07:37 PM |#541  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Streage,, i got the same problem, but i didn't success.

I CANNOT see my SD in Partition Manager or MiniPartition, although i see it in explorer.
So i cannot manager ma SD, too bad .

Any solution?

EDIT : Probleme seems to be solved, i see now my SD with MiniTools Partition Wizard!

EDIT : Erf, i cannot see my FAT32 (android) partition in Explorer :/

Can i browser it with another program?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, wp7 and android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)