[ROM][2.3.3] « Serendipity VII Infuse » **8/26** [FINAL]

Search This thread

EricNagel

Aug 11, 2011
Seattle
Any time you are switching major versions (IE: 1.x -> 2.x) or switching ROMs completely, you should Wipe Data/Factory Reset from CWM. ALWAYS.

Thank you. I noticed your install instructions in Hellraiser were a smidge different, so I thought I'd ask about it. Didn't know if since it was built in if anything was different.

Thanks Bozo!

My damn fat fingers. Go into recovery phone, I command you!

Last edited:

crupp

Oct 7, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
If we have a Froyo backup (via CWM) and want to revert back to that ROM from this one, how would we do that. I have soft bricked my phone 3 times...so clearly i have no clue thanks

EricNagel

Aug 11, 2011
Seattle
First off, you outdid yourself (Bozo and Mikey). It's fantastic.

crupp, one noob to another:

go into red CWM
wipe data/factory reset
install zip
reboot

jhego

Nov 18, 2006
Los Angeles
This is awesome! Before i sold my Captivate, Serendipity was loaded and now it's finally for the Infuse! Woohoo!!

Spleisher

Sep 8, 2010
I haven't tried.

Sent from my SGH-I997

Does this ROM support multiple DPI settings? Does the dialer, music app, etc. get screwed up if I change my DPI?

Doesn't look like it does. At least not completely.

The dialer itself doesn't scale to higher DPI settings, but the good news:

The dialer does rotate to landscape, and the landscape version does seem to be friendly to DPI changes. The nice thing about that for me is that it will work well when mounted in the car. Also, just the fact that there IS a landscape dialer that also remains in landscape mode when in a call is REALLY NICE.

Honestly, this has always been my challenge with larger-screened phones. I had the Streak and it was the same issue. They look so darned good with edits to the DPI settings, that it almost makes stock 240 look silly when you go back to it.

But not everything scales well, unfortunately, and most often, it seems to be the dialer.

Anyway, if we could just get the number pad portion of the dialer to scale on this one, it would be awesome!

GeoMandell

Sep 29, 2010
Germantown, MD
Not sure if this is normal or not, but the network indicator keeps switching between 3G and H. Usually it stays on 3G if not doing anything, then switched to H when I try loading something.

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Can't seen to download this file directly from my phone :/
Mirrors anyone? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Any time you are switching major versions (IE: 1.x -> 2.x) or switching ROMs completely, you should Wipe Data/Factory Reset from CWM. ALWAYS.

I practice this any time I am doing anything rom related, along with not restoring files. I know it can be a hassle to re-setup every time, but it's worth it to guarantee a nice clean install.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Couple of quick questions...

HDMI? I know, I know, but I feel like I'm one of the 3 people that actually uses it. Thought I'd ask.

Finally...with my n00b powers showing...I'm running Infused 1.5.3 with Infusion...All i've got to do is download dipity, boot into CWM, factory reset than flash, correct? I wouldn't want my noob powers to overload the device. They are strong.
That should do the trick. I usually factory reset AFTER a flash - but it shouldn't matter.

And assume no HDMI with any Gingerbread ROM until at least 1-2 weeks after AT&T Gingerbread comes out. If we get lucky and find a workaround prior to that, trust me - you'll know and it'll almost surely be ported to the various Gingerbread solutions in fairly short order.

If we have a Froyo backup (via CWM) and want to revert back to that ROM from this one, how would we do that. I have soft bricked my phone 3 times...so clearly i have no clue thanks
Hmm, that's an interesting one which hasn't been done often. This SHOULD work but no guarantees:

Odin/heimdall a Froyo kernel that has CWM. (Basically any non-stock one should work)
Do the three-finger thing to enter recovery - nothing but recovery will work, but recovery SHOULD work here.
Do your Nandroid restore

However, the one possible issue is that some of the stuff in Froyo looks at the SD card and goes nuts. (Common problem is Market misbehaving until you do the fullblown reset/wipe in Settings which wipes the internal SD.)

Not sure if this is normal or not, but the network indicator keeps switching between 3G and H. Usually it stays on 3G if not doing anything, then switched to H when I try loading something.
Normal. Stock ROMs lied and reported H+/4G in all situations. In reality, HSPA/HSPA+ should only be active when data is being transferred.

The power control widget is not working for me. It's just blank.
Common problem common to all Samsung-derived Gingerbread ROMs it seems. Look through the Infused thread for workarounds.

Top Liked Posts