[MOD] Tablet/Hybrid UI Mode [CM9][ALPHA6+]

Search This thread

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Can't wait to test this out

Would be cool if devs can make this default for roms

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I believe NocVenum rom gas it built in so you can check that one out.

I have the same issue when opening google search and you start to type that's when it force closes, I rebooted the device and Google search worked again for a bit, but after a while it's acting up again, don't know what's causing it.

I've asked the mod dev about it. Waiting for a response. In the meantime, could someone get a logcat of it? Thanks

slick_rick, if you can please update the hack market link to this one http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=997062&d=1334160295

original thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580827

the hacked one for the nexus will not work since, it's hacked to a 160 native dpi and will cause issues since our phone is 240 native dpi

Will do so when near computer. Have you tested it yourself?

OP updated with AOKP M5 zip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
That's what I'm currently using, I had lots of market issues prior to this. I can freely switch to other dpi without the worry of clearing market data and going back to 160 to download apps. I have been using it for a week now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-22-16-29-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-16-29-12.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-09-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-09-49.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-10-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-10-35.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-10-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-21-10-11.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 197

kilogramz718

Jan 20, 2011
Brooklyn New York
I believe NocVenum rom gas it built in so you can check that one out.

I've asked the mod dev about it. Waiting for a response. In the meantime, could someone get a logcat of it? Thanks

Will do so when near computer. Have you tested it yourself?

OP updated with AOKP M5 zip.

Oh wrd I got Noc/Venum flashed now how do I activate it is it in settings or something?

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
And I find that in what part of settings my fault for all the dumb questions

Since NocVenum is based off AOKP, it should be under Rom Control > General UI > DPI/LCD Density. Select it and then scroll down to custom, set to 128 and reboot. Don't worry about it, I'm here to help. Let me know if you need anything else.

kilogramz718

Jan 20, 2011
Brooklyn New York
Since NocVenum is based off AOKP, it should be under Rom Control > General UI > DPI/LCD Density. Select it and then scroll down to custom, set to 128 and reboot. Don't worry about it, I'm here to help. Let me know if you need anything else.

thanks is there any rom out that ports over the glaxy note to us and if not what dpi culd i switch 2 to get it to look like the note or is 128 the dpi that im thinking of?

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
thanks is there any rom out that ports over the glaxy note to us and if not what dpi culd i switch 2 to get it to look like the note or is 128 the dpi that im thinking of?

What do you mean by ports over the galaxy note to us? If you mean lowest DPI possible which makes the screen look higher resolution like the Note, its 129 DPI before you start getting System UI force closes.

kilogramz718

Jan 20, 2011
Brooklyn New York
You see how someone made the rom for us that was like the htc one x is there a rom that's like that but for the note and thanks for the info this tablet UI is dope definitely gonna b using dis

Sent From My Sprint Epic Touch 4G Note Lml

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
You see how someone made the rom for us that was like the htc one x is there a rom that's like that but for the note and thanks for the info this tablet UI is dope definitely gonna b using dis

Oh I see what you mean but its basically the same thing we have since its Samsung and Touchwiz but yea make sure to thank the mod creator listed in the OP.

VDub2174

Jul 22, 2010
For sure, check out an app called 'Big Font' from the market. I used it to reduce everything before tabletUI, but you can increase the font size as well, so you can retain the 128 dpi and make everything bigger, aside from all of the size settings in the system settings or launcher (say like go launcher)

But 'Big Font' from the market will do the trick for you..

Lemme k ow what you think and if it works

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb34 FD24/FD26 on TabletUI @ 128 dpi aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 6
I'll have to try that out, thanks for the heads up :)

jayjay7411

Jan 26, 2010
For sure, check out an app called 'Big Font' from the market. I used it to reduce everything before tabletUI, but you can increase the font size as well, so you can retain the 128 dpi and make everything bigger, aside from all of the size settings in the system settings or launcher (say like go launcher)

But 'Big Font' from the market will do the trick for you..

Lemme k ow what you think and if it works

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb34 FD24/FD26 on TabletUI @ 128 dpi aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 6

Thanks so much for this suggestion its the one frustrating thing I didn't like about this tablet UI thing. Now I upped it to 130% and its amazing!!!

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Anybody find out how to add the notification bar back or something that's a good replacement

You mean revert back to normal, no tablet ui mod? If thats what you mean, just odin/mobile odin el26 cwm kernel, boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and reflash rom, wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash an AOSP kernel.

kilogramz718

Jan 20, 2011
Brooklyn New York
You mean revert back to normal, no tablet ui mod? If thats what you mean, just odin/mobile odin el26 cwm kernel, boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and reflash rom, wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash an AOSP kernel.

Nah its just tablet UI mode in nocturnal venom takes away the status bar and doesn't give me my nav bar either but when I switched to Mijjz slim and trim its perfect just I keep getting the "unfortunately, the system UI has stopped" message constantly with every rom I tried this mode on lml
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Nah its just tablet UI mode in nocturnal venom takes away the status bar and doesn't give me my nav bar either but when I switched to Mijjz slim and trim its perfect just I keep getting the "unfortunately, the system UI has stopped" message constantly with every rom I tried this mode on lml
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

To stop that error message, add a fourth button to your navigation buttons. Its worked for other people.

Reactions: fryingpan0613

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    All thanks go to im0rtalz so make sure you thank him! This is confirmed working on Alpha6 and 7/01 nightly. Any other nightly from here on may or may not work since new code is being added with each build. Do not take your CM9 problems into the dev thread or general discussion thread after flashing this mod. You have replaced chunks of code in the builds they provide so you are no longer running stock CM9!
    Screenshot_2012-07-02-19-09-15.png

Tested working on alpha 6 and 07/01 build

Install instructions below

Code:
    download services.jar
    push file thru adb

adb root
    adb remount
    adb push services.jar /system/framework
    adb reboot

reboot might take a while be patient, once booted follow the usual steps, use rom toolbox to set dpi to 128

Note: do not used the modified phone.apk, the actual phone.apk that comes with cm9 will work.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/services.jar <~~~ dl here or attatched file
    I only tested this on a clean install of m6 from chris41g build. I believe it should work on timesinfinity also. If you would like to try it please make a backup first.

wipe cache/dalvik cache
    install zip here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8566596/TabletUI_AOKP_M6.zip

Rom Control enable navigation bar, but do not reset yet
    General UI settings set dpi to 128 then reboot.

fyi at your own risk and I probably won't be around to answer many questions pretty much how my cm9 one I posted.

Good luck and if anything breaks so sorry, restore your backup.

Edit Please keep all issues and questions here since if you are using this mod you are no longer using stock aokp so please do not clutter his dev thread same rules applies also to the cm9 mod.
    guys, AOKP was just updated to build 34... will this mod work with that or do i really have to kick back to 33?

For AOKP TabletUI mods please check my main thread for updates..
    OK guys, it has been brought to my attention that aokp is no longer, at this current time, a tablet UI capable rom. Apparently the AOKP team has changed a lot of their code and in the process has broken tabletUI functionality. So it appears it wasn't just me. Now, its possible a more experienced dev might be capable of figuring it out for AOKP but I just don't think the demand is high enough. In the meantime I will try to get things squared away for other aosp roms. I'll be back after work this afternoon to report my findings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA