[NANDROID] TF201 JB 10.4.2.15 (US) - System Nandroid/TWRP Recovery/DeOdex Files/Blobs

Search This thread

xxxdroidxxx

Nov 23, 2010
androidtopia
Hey Craig thanks for all your hard work. I have a question about flashing the twrp. I just flashed your jb rom. Now how would I flash the twrp. Can I just do it through the stock recovery?

whycali

Apr 21, 2010
Hey Craig thanks for all your hard work. I have a question about flashing the twrp. I just flashed your jb rom. Now how would I flash the twrp. Can I just do it through the stock recovery?

Per Craigs op in the Rom thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1911024

NOTES:
1. Why the stock recovery?
- Just to keep it stock!!

2. What if I want a custom recovery?
- Use one of the following 3 methods:
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob and flash it via staging (dd if=/sdcard/tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4) and reboot.
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob and flash it via fastboot (fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob) and reboot.
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download twrp-2.2.2-jb.img and flash it via nvFlash (nvflash -r --download 5 twrp-2.2.2-jb.img) and reboot.

TehH4rRy

Jun 6, 2011
I flashed TWRP with the fastboot method, it said it succeeded but froze up on the reboot, had to force a reboot (hold power button), All is good.

Thanks!

Last edited:

anbey

Nov 30, 2008
Can you explain the stages in the fast boot? I know how to get there but not how to continue... i was used to cwm.. thanks ..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

xxxdroidxxx

Nov 23, 2010
androidtopia
Per Craigs op in the Rom thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1911024

NOTES:
1. Why the stock recovery?
- Just to keep it stock!!

2. What if I want a custom recovery?
- Use one of the following 3 methods:
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob and flash it via staging (dd if=/sdcard/tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4) and reboot.
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob and flash it via fastboot (fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob) and reboot.
>> Go to my nandroid thread and download twrp-2.2.2-jb.img and flash it via nvFlash (nvflash -r --download 5 twrp-2.2.2-jb.img) and reboot.

Thanks

andrewjt19

Un'blobbed images

@craigacgomez It's been awhile since I have used my Prime. The last time I was in contact with you was over Rootzwiki through PM. I would like to return to plain jane bone stock, but the un blobbed images you had on Rootzwiki are no longer working. Do you still have the files? If so can you link them or send them to me? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, here goes nothing.... With a little effort, I've got this done...

1. A system partition nandroid of the Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 update created using TWRP 2.2.2
    2. A modified TWRP 2.2.2 recovery which works with the new bootloader

This system nandroid image has been created for developer use. So, it's not for everyone to play around with. It does not have the new bootloader or boot image, both of which are required to use this system image. It was created using my modified copy of the TWRP 2.2.2 recovery image.

The TWRP 2.2.2 recovery image below is a modified version of the original TWRP 2.2.2 recovery (credits TeamWin). I have merely replaced the kernel within the recovery image with the new JB kernel, thereby allowing it to work with the new bootloader. This is an un-blob'd recovery image. If you wish to directly flash this image, you need to have nvFlash enabled. Else you need to make a blob pack and flash it.

I've now added a zip with the de-odexed system apps and framework jar. This zip only has the /system/app & /system/framework folders. Just to make it easier if anyone wants to create an update zip.

I've also added blobpacked version of the new JB bootloader, kernel, stock recovery and my modified TWRP recovery. Be careful. If you don't know what your are doing and don't have nvFlash enabled, you could brick your device.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THE NEW TF201 JB BOOTLOADER IS ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT!!! BE CAREFUL OR YOUR COULD BRICK YOUR DEVICE

Let the modding begin!!!

tf201-jro03c-system.ext4.win (The system nandroid image)
    twrp-2.2.2-jb.img (The un-blob'd modified TWRP recovery)
    tf201-jro03c-deodex.zip (De-odexed system apps and framework jars only)
    tf201-jb-bootloader.blob (Blobpack of the new JB bootloader)
    tf201-jb-kernel.blob (Blobpack of the new JB kernel)
    tf201-jb-stock-recovery.blob (Blobpack of the new JB stock recovery)
    tf201-jb-twrp-recovery.blob (Blobpack of the my modified TWRP recovery)
    Em, boss, I hear you but we've probably not understood one another on the kind of clarity I'm looking for? What's the reference point for using this? (e.g. current ROM, operating system of PC etc etc)

For example am running a Linux machine at the moment and can easily run the following command to flash the recovery image using fastboot:

./fastboot-linux -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp-2.2.2-jb.img

or something to that effect and then would continue to reboot to recovery, copy the nandroid and restore from there?

Anyway, never mind...I take your advice and keep my fingers clear...

The reference point is a cleanly wiped system. I'm creating a rom from this but you need the new bootloader and recovery. I had the androidroot bootloader installed, wiped system and factory reset. I flashed my JB stock rom and it did replace the bootloader and recovery with a modified TWRP from Craiggomez. The only issue I'm having is that wifi won't connect. I'll figure it out.

What I'm saying is that if you were to flash this image with the old bootloader and recovery, you'd have serious issues.
    Is it possible to take the bootloader from the its system dump file that's floating around? Or can twrp also backup downloader?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Yes, the bootloader is out but just give me a little time to fix wifi and you'll have a safe package to flash. I don't post threads here so you'll find it at rootz. I will post a link in this thread. That's assuming that someone else doesn't post a stock JB build for unlocked bootloaders before I do.
    us-tf201-jro03c-10.4.2.15-stock-deodexed.zip - upload in progress!!
    This should be a sticky bro :)

hehe... maybe...

btw, testing my custom update zip for unlocked user right now... will report back soon!!