[Q] asus unlock tool error TF700

Search This thread

arvo.bowen

May 21, 2012
I am dealing with Emma now. She seems helpful. I used the Asus Device Tracker not working after an RMA tactic and then she asked for my MAC address. Im pretty happy.

This tab is nearly useless unless you ROM it.

Thanks for the post. I will report back if it works.

Haha. That's new... "ROM it". Seeing that it comes with a ROM installed from the factory... ;)

Arvo
Device: HTC One X
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3)

mazuka

Jan 8, 2011
Yup same sort of crud I got from emma zhang..... seems to me all that needs to be done is correct some text some place in a database. Sure would be nice if someone could find a way to avert the Asus Unlock Tool.

Yeah... Well three things I can state with a degree of confidence:

1. ASUS support sucks
2. Those who want to unlock are advised to do it well before the warranty expires, I'd say at least two months in advance
3. I am done with ASUS, my next will be Galaxy Note or something. While Samsung support sucks too - who needs it when there is Odin.
I just bought a Galaxy Tab 3 8" for my wife - out of the box it is faster and more stable than my rooted and optimized TF700.

indycop6773

May 13, 2013
Indianapolis
Persistence is the key to unlocking

I have a Transformer TF700T, 4.2.1, 10.6.1.14.10. I have been trying to unlock it for the better part of two hours and was finally able to succeed. I did nothing different during these two hours of pressing the "unlock" button and receiving error messages. For some reason, after about 25 attempts, it finally went through. I would have to assume it was an issue with the ASUS servers and I finally found a break in traffic to push the unlock script through.

Just want you to know that persistence may be the key. You may try 10, 15, 25 times and receive error messages every time, then finally it will take. Don't give up!!!

Reactions: mazuka and berndblb

sanvara

Jul 24, 2008
I have a Transformer TF700T, 4.2.1, 10.6.1.14.10. I have been trying to unlock it for the better part of two hours and was finally able to succeed. I did nothing different during these two hours of pressing the "unlock" button and receiving error messages. For some reason, after about 25 attempts, it finally went through. I would have to assume it was an issue with the ASUS servers and I finally found a break in traffic to push the unlock script through.

Just want you to know that persistence may be the key. You may try 10, 15, 25 times and receive error messages every time, then finally it will take. Don't give up!!!

Thanks for this info. Just picked up a used TF700 and am getting the same communication error with the unlock program. I'll keep trying.

mazuka

Jan 8, 2011

I am curious how big was a delay between the moment you press unlock and the moment you get the error - I am getting anything from almost immediate error to up to 5 seconds delay. Because you mentioned you spent 2 hours for 25 attempts - does it mean each attempt in your case lasted almost 5 minutes, so you would press unlock and then waited for 5 minutes to get the error? Or each attempt lasted seconds and you waited for up to 5 minutes before retrying? Just trying to establish some pattern here. Thanks

Reactions: donbroadband

indycop6773

May 13, 2013
Indianapolis
I am curious how big was a delay between the moment you press unlock and the moment you get the error - I am getting anything from almost immediate error to up to 5 seconds delay. Because you mentioned you spent 2 hours for 25 attempts - does it mean each attempt in your case lasted almost 5 minutes, so you would press unlock and then waited for 5 minutes to get the error? Or each attempt lasted seconds and you waited for up to 5 minutes before retrying? Just trying to establish some pattern here. Thanks

Mazuka, I took a few breaks in between my unlock attempts, thus accounting for a longer than normal time frame. And, I may have very well made 40 attempts to unlock the tablet. I lost count after awhile. At times the attempts would last two minutes and other times the error message popped up fairly quickly. Sometimes I would have to re-enter my google account password and other times I wasn't asked for it. One thing to consider is if you are using Google and two-step verification enabled, it may be a good idea either temporarily disable it or assign a unique password to the phone unlock app. This may not be necessary but it's something I finally resorted to. While it didn't help at first, it may have been a factor in the final unlock sequence. Also, I did log in to ASUS device tracker to ensure my device serial number and/or MAC address was properly registered with ASUS. There are some security concerns with the ASUS device tracker so read up on this before you make a decision to use this service.

Reactions: mazuka

cryptworks

Nov 10, 2010
Tempe
Google 2 factor Authentication

So i ran into this. Interestingly enough if you have google 2 factor authentication enabled you will need to use an application specific password, you cannot use a one time use password.

f1r_CTLF

Sep 9, 2014
Cascadia
Using Consumer VPN

I experienced this while using a consumer VPN to anonymize my IP address. I was using the OpenVPN client on my DD-WRT router, so all devices, including my TF700T, were going through the VPN. Many sites block IP ranges from VPN services as "spambot" country, and it looks like Asus is one of those apprehensive businesses. I saw the behavior folks described with both the v7 and v8 Unlock Tool on a refurbished TF700T. The solution was to temporarily disable my VPN, then the unlocker ran perfectly. Hope this helps someone!

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Yeah... Well three things I can state with a degree of confidence:

1. ASUS support sucks
2. Those who want to unlock are advised to do it well before the warranty expires, I'd say at least two months in advance
3. I am done with ASUS, my next will be Galaxy Note or something. While Samsung support sucks too - who needs it when there is Odin.
I just bought a Galaxy Tab 3 8" for my wife - out of the box it is faster and more stable than my rooted and optimized TF700.

I did have different experience.

ASUS support in Germany was very friendly and forwarded my explicit demand on being unlocked for flashing custom ROM to colleagues in Taiwan. They managed registration instantly. Just submit S/N and MAC of your tab.

daveynozen

Jun 29, 2014
UNLOCKED!

After trying everything and still getting the bad password in Unlocker and 'command failed' in Device Tracker I was able to unlock it:

1. Did a factory reset
2. Logged into wi-fi
3. Did NOT sign into Google
4. Ran the v7 unlocker.
5. It asked if i wanted to unlock without an account or PIN. Duh!
5. Clicked 'OK' and it was unlocked!

Could it really be this simple and everyone miss it, or did I just get lucky somehow?

rprussell

Mar 30, 2011
After trying everything and still getting the bad password in Unlocker and 'command failed' in Device Tracker I was able to unlock it:

1. Did a factory reset
2. Logged into wi-fi
4. Ran the v7 unlocker.

Could it really be this simple and everyone miss it, or did I just get lucky somehow?

Mine still won't come back without a "unknown error occurs..." message. Google account or no.

rprussell

Mar 30, 2011
You may have to allow "less secure apps" in you Google account. Google it

Yeah, I actually got an email from google about that - turned it on.

Excellent idea though! I'm wondering if it's a WWW traffic issue, I'm going to try again this morning instead of in the evening.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

OKAY.

Persistance pays off.

Note: This is on a clean wiped tablet, on stock 4.2.1, using V7 of the tool, and no Google account installed.

I did send a support question to Asus, and they had me send in my Wifi/Bluetooth mac addresses and build info. (There was no mucking about with "we don't support unlocking..." WHEW)

That was about an hour ago - and I've been sitting here pressing the "unlock me" button over, and over, and over, and over... just in case.

Eventually I got the "You don't have a Google account installed.. unlock anyway?" and I said yes - but it would just wait a bit and say "FAILED."

After three or four successful "unlock anyway?" clicks (out of dozens of "unlock me" clicks) it finally rebooted and unlocked.

It's possible that John_Lu at asus just got my MAC info into support and they fixed me up. I dunno.

IN any case, chalk another up for the good guys. Now, off to install Zombi!

jobustobin

Oct 17, 2009
Kansas City, MO
Persistence Pays Off...

TL;DR Finally managed to unlock.

A few notes from my experience:
- Did not factory reset; did reboot several times (between installations/uninstalls)
- Couldn't get ASUS Device Tracker to work, on any browser (wouldn't accept my SN...also wouldn't recognize Chrome to sign in via G+). Also disabled the Google setting "access for less secure apps"
- Installed v7 and tried for an hour, several reboots. Then tried uninstalling and going with v8, v8 wouldn't install - error message. Reinstalled v7 and (I think) another reboot and suddenly it worked! Verified my Google account, rebooted, and unlocked!

vidad

Jan 4, 2016
Unlocked Too

1. Did a factory reset
2. Logged into wi-fi
4. Ran the v7 unlocker.

I have read all the posts here to date. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to unlock this tablet. ASUS was helpful in sending me the link below but even after a fifty or sixty tries, resetting the tablet multiple times and setting up a google and ASUS account profile, it still would not work. Finally did the following steps with success: Did a factory reset. Set up network but did not add Google account. Changed security settings to allow unknown sources for apps. Activated developer mode by tapping build number 7 times. Activated USB debugging mode. Installed v7 unlock tool. Success on first try but had to say go ahead without google account. Unlock tools and other tf700t files are at

support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T&p=28&s=1

goodsignal

Aug 18, 2010

1. Did a factory reset
2. Logged into wi-fi
4. Ran the v7 unlocker.

This worked for me!!! I made sure and unrooted it first. Amazingly I did this on my own after banging my head against the wall for hours trying different things. My problem is that the ASUS unlock wouldn't accept my google credentials. Same ones I have used on this tablet from day 1 and 100% sure of my password.

Then, right after I got it working, I found this post. Good luck to anyone else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What worked for me....finally

I went through a lot of posts and other forums with users having issues with the tool. I've read it relies on the Device Tracker but couldn't get that to work. After trying everything posted in this forum and doing a reset (no longer rooted) I still couldn't get v7 or v8 to work for my tf700. I contacted ASUS support via email and they replied this morning. They sent me a link to a v7 .apk and it worked with no issues. I was very happy to see them helping me do this even though it would then void the warranty. Here is what they sent me, including full text as to give all credit to them:

"Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Emma and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I will do our utmost to assist you in resolving this matter, I apologize for the trouble you seem to be experiencing with the device.

Could you please check whether the unlock tool you downloaded is right first and then accomplish it through the steps I sent to you.

URL omitted due to me being new user. Search for the "Version V7" and File Size should show "613.54 (KBytes) 2012/07/25 update"

Please install this apk and follow the below steps to unlock device
    1.Launch “Unlock Device” on your app menu
    2.Read and check the description, Press “OK”
    3.Check “agree” and press “Press to unlock your device”

If you still can not unlock it, could you please provide the wifi mac address for me?

Have a great day!

Once again, thanks for choosing ASUS products.

Welcome to refer Troubleshooting & FAQ for ASUS products in ASUS website:

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Please be sure to rate the service I provided to you today.

Best Regards,
    Emma
    ASUS Product Support Team
    888-678-3688"

I created an account here in hopes this .apk will help someone else get the tool working to allow further enjoyment on the tf700 as I plan to do.

Thanks all! :)
    Emma updated their servers! Last night I was trying to unlock via the app and VOILA! FINALLY after hundreds of attempts my tablet is unlocked! Fun times ahead!
    Persistence is the key to unlocking

hello having issue with asus unlock tool
    either by using abt tool or direct from asus , unlock tool installed on pad, when I go and run it get message that says "unknown error occurred , which may be a network error please try later"
    running jelly bean 4.2.1 build 10.6.1.14.8
    also noticed in my setting i have no tab for developers option I was able to activate the usb dubbing but in different way
    can any one advise

You cannot unlock through ADB. You have to use the Asus Unlock Tool.
    Keep trying. Many users needed 5,6,7 or more attempts to get it to work. And yes, there could be a problem with your S/N not being registered in their database.
    Try to sign up for Asus device tracker. That will tell you if your S/N is registered with them. If not, call Asus about a problem signing up for device Tracker, NOT about your inability to unlock!
    They do not support unlocking and won't help you to do so.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Mazuka, I took a few breaks in between my unlock attempts, thus accounting for a longer than normal time frame. And, I may have very well made 40 attempts to unlock the tablet. I lost count after awhile. At times the attempts would last two minutes and other times the error message popped up fairly quickly. Sometimes I would have to re-enter my google account password and other times I wasn't asked for it. One thing to consider is if you are using Google and two-step verification enabled, it may be a good idea either temporarily disable it or assign a unique password to the phone unlock app. This may not be necessary but it's something I finally resorted to. While it didn't help at first, it may have been a factor in the final unlock sequence. Also, I did log in to ASUS device tracker to ensure my device serial number and/or MAC address was properly registered with ASUS. There are some security concerns with the ASUS device tracker so read up on this before you make a decision to use this service.