TG01 car charger

Search This thread

brogdan

May 24, 2007
hello
i have one of those usb car charger output 5v 1000mA
i connected the usb cable to it but the phone is not charging! tough when i connect the phone to my pc USB it charger!
does it need something more to start charging? maybe a resistor between 2 pins like motorola's do? or what?
thank you

bojan6

Oct 14, 2009
London
hello
i have one of those usb car charger output 5v 1000mA
i connected the usb cable to it but the phone is not charging! tough when i connect the phone to my pc USB it charger!
does it need something more to start charging? maybe a resistor between 2 pins like motorola's do? or what?
thank you

I don't know. I use from nokia charger and it's work great. May be is the cable is not with the same output. Try with diferent one.

BiG K

Dec 31, 2009
I think the Toshiba because of its USB host is very picky about the charger it uses.

I have tried 3 now!

No name brand - 5v 500ma. Charges the phone just fine....but doesn't charge it quick enough, when navigating etc, it uses more power than it can charge :mad:

Blackberry 5v 500ma - lovely long cable length, better than the one above but same problem.....just drains a bit slower!

Samsung 5v 700ma - cable a bit short but charges the phone fantastically and works just fine! :D

Edit - Most phones from most of the major phone companies will support charging through micro USB. I wish they kept with mini usb.....micro is too flimsy!!

Last edited:

brogdan

May 24, 2007
problem sorted

TG01, as well as nokia car charger, need to have the Rx and Tx pins shorted (connected together). so i opened my car usb charger and shorted the Data+ and Data- (Rx&Tx) pins and now everything is fine. i can use the usb cable as data cable, and when i connect it to my car usb charger, it starts charging!

hope this helps

adzman808

Jan 4, 2010
problem sorted

TG01, as well as nokia car charger, need to have the Rx and Tx pins shorted (connected together). so i opened my car usb charger and shorted the Data+ and Data- (Rx&Tx) pins and now everything is fine. i can use the usb cable as data cable, and when i connect it to my car usb charger, it starts charging!

hope this helps

could we (ok me) get a picture of that please?

thanks in advance

cheers
Adam

gtsai

Dec 1, 2008
Mini to Micro USB Charger Adapter Converter

i use this adapter i bought in ebay for $1.78 USD, and it i can charge my TG01 anywhere- car, wall, PC - with micro USB charger or cable.

valanxda

May 29, 2009
mini usb to micro usb

Hi, can anybody confirm that mini usb to micro usb convertor will charge the phone when connected to USB car charger, please? Thanks

gaiolo

Jul 3, 2006
Aveiro
Hi, can anybody confirm that mini usb to micro usb convertor will charge the phone when connected to USB car charger, please? Thanks

Hi!!

Anyone can please say something!!!???

I really need a car charger.

(But I have 3 car charger and several HTC wall charger with mini USB
and I have one S200 for my private number/replacement for the TG01)

I bought from the ebay 1 converter (mini->micro usb) but don´t work in the TG01
(don´t have another phone with micro usb to test if the problem is in the converter or "tg01").

Can anyone share what converter I need to buy?

Thanks

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
For reference, I bought my wife a car charger for her Sony Vivaz from ebay, and it charges the TG01 just fine :)