FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 286

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2018, 05:23 PM |#1361  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I updated my lineage os and perform a factory reset. After i finish all the processes, i installed whatsapp. Whatsapp did found my google drive backup. But, after it download the chat history file, the moment whatsapp want to recover my restored whatsapp chat, its stuck at 24% and says "Sorry we were unable to restore your chat, you want to backup older chat" and the backup older chat takes forever to finish. Please help me. Its so frustrating. My crypt file is crypt12.

6th June 2018, 02:50 PM |#1362  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey!

I'm trying to follow these steps

Quote:

5. Now copy the merged .db file as "msgstore.db" into the folder /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases and make sure that there isn't any other file there (copy the other files in another folder)
6. uninstall whatsapp, install whatsapp and choose yes when asked to import the backup

But after that my Whatsapp doesnt "see" the msgstore.db it seems and proceed to setup the app without any chats being restored.
Does it need to be encrypted to crypt12 again or am I missing some step you need to do nowadays?
I tried several ways and I'm really clueless by now
29th July 2018, 07:36 PM |#1363  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How I can decrypt image from URL /mmg-fna.whatsapp.net/d/f/An2IzW.enc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)