SGP Ultra Capsule real life pictures

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
as promised, here are the pictures we were talking about on the other topic.

i've been using it for 3 months now, i doubt you'll find another case that fits as perfect as the SGP well worth the $20

it comes with a screen protector as well

img20110310014001.jpg
img20110310013906.jpg
img20110310013937.jpg

pictures taken from Nexus S

scumm_boy

Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the pix! Now that I see how it covers the chrome bezel, I am likely to pick one up. I have several dings in my bezel, and a nice case might be just the ticket.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
I just noticed this one while looking at the SGP (Also available in bright purple). It seems to crawl further over the screen and covers/protects some buttons. Anyone know what the big button next to the volume buttons does on the Motoroi?

very nice find
icon14.gif

However.... according to the pictures, and my SGP case

it seems to point out the 4 touch buttons will be under the plastic

but never the less, it's a very good alternative, specially the purple colour one

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
very nice find
icon14.gif

However.... according to the pictures, and my SGP case

it seems to point out the 4 touch buttons will be under the plastic

but never the less, it's a very good alternative, specially the purple colour one

I think that's not too big a problem since the case is silicone, so I suspect you can press the buttons. They seem to thin the case out there so that the lights show through. They do something similar with all the other buttons, too (volume etc). They're covered with a thiner region of silicone. The only holes are the proximity sensors, and where jacks go in (headphones, USB, HDMI, speaker, microphone, strap) and whatever that big button-looking thing is that isn't on our phone. The korean text says "DMB" there which based on some quick googling refers to the Motoroi's TV tuner--it's strange that everything else is covered, so perhaps that's a place you attach an antenna or something. It's interesting. I sort of feel like the silicone coming so close to the edge of the screen might interfere with using the scrollbar depending on how "sticky" the silicone is.

helmi666

Feb 5, 2011
Singapore
@Spiderx_mm: look nice

@hermes76: good idea, i can safely say that non of the HP shops here sell case for our phone. The should know that not everyone using I'crap'Phone.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
yeap, most Japanese phones and Korean phones have build in TVs

for times cases exactly like what is happening right now in Japan

the TV does not require 3G, it is over the air like good old antennae TV, but it's Digital

pisceanblue

Feb 14, 2011
+1 recommendation

Just thought I would put my 2 cents in, the case is great and fits very well, I got one from korea through ebay and it came with a screen protector which is also really good. Very sturdy best case I have ever had for a phone.

One thing to keep in mind, the extra distance that the usb flap has to travel caused mine to fall off, not really an issue for me as I found it a little annoying but I would still like it to be on my phone if given a choice. Also the phone "feels" a little plasticy once you install it, it is a totally psychological thing but the phone does not feel as elegant once its on.

All in all tops :D

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
Oh, so I got this a little bit ago finally after about 5 weeks shipping. The case itself was a good fit for the most part, except for on the side where one part was popping out and not fitting tightly on like the rest of the case. Whether this was something to do with the way the case was packaged/stored or some other reason I don't know. After working with and trying to squeeze that part to fit, it's not as bad -though it still sticks out a bit. Probably will be fully gone once I wrap something around it and leave it on for a good little while (like an elastic wound tightly would probably do it).

Other than that, the case fits well. But the places around openings (i.e. camera button, power button, etc...) seem roughly cut and unpolished, though it isn't a very big deal, just slight quibble (and may just be mine).

The screen protector which comes with it is not as special as advertised I think, but it does the job and has a good smooth feel to it - and cleans more easily, so I like it.

The thing is, while the case looks nice, fits nice etc... the phone just looks and feels so much better without it on (slimmer, sleeker, nicer to hold etc...), so when I don't need the protection I take it off. But definitely a worthwhile purchase nonetheless.

jazzboarder

May 23, 2010
Mannheim
I am getting my xt720 this week and am now looking for a case. i would really like to get a sgp capsule in black, though it seems like they discontinued this colour and now only sell blue and red.

any news on that front?

thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

there's a new case design from SGP, it looks really interesting. :D have a look here.
    SGP_Valencia_Motoroi_XT720_WH_Demo.jpg

Code:
    http://www.exportprive.com/valencia-swarovski-crystal-leather-case-motoroi-xt720-white-p-13624.html