Flashing Error with Flashtool

Search This thread

Flava0ne

I was trying to flash my Xperia PLAY with Flashtool v0.8.5.0 but this error keeps coming up:

Code:
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";"ERR_DYNAMIC="SIN header verification failed"

Any ideas how to fix this error?

EDIT: I know what caused this error, it was because I accidentally selected the X10 FTF that Flashtool comes with when you install it.

Last edited:

Flava0ne

Were you able to have any luck yet?

Sent from my R800x

Not with Flashtool, every time I tried to load the FTF, the Firmware Components aren't listed in the middle, no visible check boxes on right either, click OK, Flashtool says the the firmware is loaded and then right after it says Flashing Canceled. The pop-up window that shows you how to connect in flash mode doesn't even show up.

I thought I was screwed, because I originally un-installed a ton of stock apps including SE Home and had aftermarket replacement apps in their place, when I cleared the user data and cache through Recovery mode. My phone wouldn't even boot, I did that because I was planning on re-flashing my device anyways. I know that all I had to do was re-flash it with the stock firmware, but Flashtool just wouldn't even work for me. I even installed it on my laptop only to have it do the exact same thing, very weird.

So I purchased a few credits for 1.99 EUR on WotanServer.com and used their client to successfully flash my Xperia PLAY and now it's back up and running. :D

Last edited:

pren22

Oct 24, 2011
[.QUOTE=Flava0ne;27236874]Anyone else having any issues with using Flashtool v0.8.5.0 and the R800a_2.3.4_North America Generic.ftf?

I'm just curious if I'm the only one or not who's having this problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i had that problem to!
I'm from Croatia,and i saw on change log,that some region's can't see .FTF file's middle things.So the solution for me was to download 0.6.9.1.

xperiadroidz

Jun 7, 2012
i have same problem the ftf files dont show up

same here i click on the ftf file no files i click on the to start flash it cancels on too
i tried the north america one and uk but i need 0.42 on my phone. i have just unlocked my network and now i unlocked bootloader.

i had originally 0.42 but flashed it to 0.62 and my 0.42 ftf files i got from 4 diffrent links all blank when i click on them in flash tool oh yeah there is glitch on flash tool if u click 0.62 which shows files but then click 0.42 it still show 0.62 files which can
confuse you
any1 help plz waiting for answers:( ( Fixed problem )

Last edited:

Flava0ne

same here i click on the ftf file no files i click on the to start flash it cancels on too
i tried the north america one and uk but i need 0.42 on my phone. i have just unlocked my network and now i unlocked bootloader.

i had originally 0.42 but flashed it to 0.62 and my 0.42 ftf files i got from 4 diffrent links all blank when i click on them in flash tool oh yeah there is glitch on flash tool if u click 0.62 which shows files but then click 0.42 it still show 0.62 files which can
confuse you
any1 help plz waiting for answers:( ( Fixed problem )

Download Flashtool v0.7.0.0 from the link I provided above.

mjonyh

Jun 11, 2012
Sylhet
I've tried 0.8.5 flashtool. And 0.6.9 also. but no luck. same error occurs. I'm going to try with 0.7.

I'm very new in this region of android.

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
I got the same problem. Using NXT right now trying to flash .42 stock. Getting the same error.

Flava0ne

I found Flashtool v0.7.0.0 on this Minus file hosting site and it can read my R800a_2.3.4_North America Generic.ftf file perfectly fine. :D

I had to re-install Windows to totally get rid of the newer Flashtool drivers. Downloaded v0.6.9.1 from the link I posted above, didn't install the v0.7.0.0 update, installed the drivers for v0.6.9.1 and was able to use it with my stock R800a_2.3.4_North America Generic.ftf firmware. I hope that helps. :)

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
I had to re-install Windows to totally get rid of the newer Flashtool drivers. Downloaded v0.6.9.1 from the link I posted above, didn't install the v0.7.0.0 update, installed the drivers for v0.6.9.1 and was able to use it with my stock R800a_2.3.4_North America Generic.ftf firmware. I hope that helps. :)

wow reinstalling windows is a PITA just to flash/root a phone.

Do you still happen to have a link/mirror that works?

NVM, I go to the link from my computer instead of my phone and it works.

Flava0ne

wow reinstalling windows is a PITA just to flash/root a phone.

Do you still happen to have a link/mirror that works?

NVM, I go to the link from my computer instead of my phone and it works.

Well, re-installing Windows wasn't that bad for me because I usually format my computer often. I know that it could be a pain for most people who don't. But glad you were able to get the download link to work! :D