Still stock 4.3 should i update to 4.4. And how-to?

Search This thread

cangoodz

Sep 5, 2013
Hi I'm still on 4.3 MI7, should i update to 4.4? I've heard people saying in the forums that 4.3 is still better. what would you suggest? I just want to root either way i end up going. My pervious note 3 was rooted through ODIN with knox tripped, but when i got my replacement i never rooted it so I'm stock right now. If i stay on MI7 would i be able to use towel method to root? From my understanding NE6 would work with towel method but wasn't sure with MI7. What are some pros or cons to updating to 4.4? Any help would be useful :eek:

P.S. if i do update why would be the easiest way to keep all my data, apps , ext.. thanks in advance ~CANGOODZ~

Slappy_G

Apr 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I'm holding off as well. I'm waiting for confirmation that there is a safe way to roll back. Once I see that, I may go for it.

In the interim, I've been considering Darth stalker as a ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

cangoodz

Sep 5, 2013
I would want to remain stock without custom recovery and knox 0x0. Just so I can run some tweaks and tb. I ran wicked roms and all my previous devices but it seems for the note 3 evil art hasn't been keeping up with his roms. Is anyone able to help me with what I should do about updating and towel root?

Daved+

May 25, 2008
I made last night a thread asking a safe way to update MI7 to NE6 (it's what you need for towel root), maybe you want to keep an eye on it too:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794032

It's really hard to choose between staying in JB or updating to KK but I think I've been on JB enough time :)