[Q] Official 2.3.5 Native Screenshot

Search This thread

gazspro

Feb 9, 2011
Cheshire
Hi guys,

Can anyone who has applied the official OTA 2.3.5 update tell me if the power and home button takes a screenshot?

Many thanks,
Gaz

:)

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
Unfortunately no... I wonder if HTC disabled it on purpouse just to f*** with us.

raynehk14

Sep 4, 2010
I tried this app on my unrooted IS 2.3.5 and a toast message "screenshot saved to camera shots" appeared. I checked the folder /sdcard/DCIM/ and it did really screen captured. Strange enough the app saves also another copy of the screenshot in its folder too.

https :// market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfree

So I'm pretty sure HTC did included the native screenshot API in the ROM, just out of unknown reason excluded the hardware key combination to trigger it... Guess I'll have to stick to the app above to make screenshots for now. Or maybe someone figure out how this app triggered the native screencap api.

Last edited:

gazspro

Feb 9, 2011
Cheshire
Thank you for the replies. It seems to work for the Desire HD which I find odd they would leave it out on the Incredible S.

I tried Screenshot It and it works well but my trial ran out and I don't see why I should pay £2.49 for a standard feature. Maybe an epic dev could create a simple app for us? :D