[GAME]Pizza Snake - inspired by a DOS classic (pizza worm).

Search This thread

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Great game. Saw it featured on XDA news headlines & downloaded. Great work! Brings back memories of happier times with a dumbphone and learning to mod even them. Motorola's were the easiest to mod. Thanks.

Reactions: umegastar

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
re suggestion

if you could sir add a level wher we can pass through the walls something like a classic mode that would be like a cherry on a cake

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words!

Well, I would really play it but there are people without wifi in the world...
sooo no google play store downloads for us :/
I have put a direct link to the .APK http://www.pizzasnake.com/Pizza_Snake_1.0.2.apk for people without Google Play

I'm implementing an analog stick like control.
This didn't work well. While on paper it sounds appealing, it's really bad in practice. I'm discarding this idea for now.

if you could sir add a level wher we can pass through the walls something like a classic mode that would be like a cherry on a cake

There are 2 new levels I am working on at the moment, and one of them is a classic mode where it's more like nibbles or the Nokia snake. Stay tuned :D

Also I have released a paid version, Pizza Snake HD with all the levels and an option to enable higher resolution graphics, but if you're getting the updates from the Play Store, you know that already.

Thank you again.

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
I just installed it.. looks good.. will try it for few hours.. and let you know if i find any bugs or suggestions :) good work..

Tried it.. really good.. read that level with passing through walls is coming.. looking forward to it..

One suggestion.. can you make options window background or text "black" as text and background is in light color and makes it hard to read..

If possible can you implement this? When we just tap once at right side of screen / left side of screen.. the snake should turn 45° right/left according to tapped place.. this would make it a bit easier to navigate.. because I felt reaching 5 star is almost impossible which would put off players... just my suggestions to improve game.. if its tough to implement.. don't bother :)

Edit: gave a 5 star rating on play store.. seems you made a change for options in update but not background color :(
nWFSH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: umegastar

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore

I have put a direct link to the .APK http://www.pizzasnake.com/Pizza_Snake_1.0.2.apk for people without Google Play

This didn't work well. While on paper it sounds appealing, it's really bad in practice. I'm discarding this idea for now.

There are 2 new levels I am working on at the moment, and one of them is a classic mode where it's more like nibbles or the Nokia snake. Stay tuned :D

Also I have released a paid version, Pizza Snake HD with all the levels and an option to enable higher resolution graphics, but if you're getting the updates from the Play Store, you know that already.

Thank you again.
waiting for it

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
I just installed it.. looks good.. will try it for few hours.. and let you know if i find any bugs or suggestions :) good work..

Tried it.. really good.. read that level with passing through walls is coming.. looking forward to it..

One suggestion.. can you make options window background or text "black" as text and background is in light color and makes it hard to read..

If possible can you implement this? When we just tap once at right side of screen / left side of screen.. the snake should turn 45° right/left according to tapped place.. this would make it a bit easier to navigate.. because I felt reaching 5 star is almost impossible which would put off players... just my suggestions to improve game.. if its tough to implement.. don't bother :)

Edit: gave a 5 star rating on play store.. seems you made a change for options in update but not background color :(
nWFSH.png

Thanks!
The options menu doesn't look like that at all on my phone, so I didn't know this happened to some people. I'll explicitly put black text for the next update, but I don't know if it will fix your case.

And for the snake controls, you'll find it easier to get the 5 stars if you chose the "tap where you want to go" in the controls.

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
I've updated Pizza Snake, now the free version has 4 levels and Pizza Snake HD (paid) has 9 levels.

I've also put Pizza Snake HD on SALE for this holidays so if you thought of getting it, now's the right chance. In most places that's 50% off.

I'm still working on the game, I have more levels coming in the next months.

This was a bug, I think it displays text correctly on all versions since 2.2

When we just tap once at right side of screen / left side of screen.. the snake should turn 45° right/left according to tapped place
I tried this and it works fine, but instead of it being a control scheme, I'll make a level out of it because the gameplay is interesting.

Thanks again, have fun and Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Deadly

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
3 of July 2014 update

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I've (almost) completely rewritten the game and now all the levels are available to play FOR FREE.

I've updated the original post with changes and more info.

:victory::victory::victory:

Reactions: Deadly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 03 July 2014

I've rewritten the whole game, it's MUCH better now:

- ALL LEVELS ARE NOW PLAYABLE
    - it's faster, more fun
    - I've added leaderboards and achievements
    - the start screen and Level Select menus are much more beautiful
    - If your phone has a gyro sensor, the parallax effect on the start screen and level select will look fantastic. (really proud of this one)

Links to the Google Play Store:
    Pizza Snake (free with ads).
    Pizza Snake Pro (paid no ads).

I've also made a WebGL version that you can play on the latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 11: http://www.pizzasnake.com and there's also a version for iOS

Original post:

Hi everyone, I made a game - Pizza Snake - and it would be awesome to hear some feedback.

It's inspired by a very cool MS-DOS game called Pizza Worm, made by Sami "Zorlim" Lehtinen. Some of you may have played it when young.

Watch the gameplay trailer on Youtube: Pizza Snake - Gameplay Trailer

The game is free but it doesn't have all the levels that are on the youtube trailer yet. That is because this is my first game, first android application and I don't know how any of this works so I'm in total experimentation mode.
    update: There is now also a full version of the game.

I'm very nervous right now as I hope the game is working correctly everywhere and I hope people will have fun.

It would be AWESOME to hear some feedback. Thanks everyone!
    Thanks for installing, and sorry for not providing a link, I don't have 10 posts yet. I'm a member for 1 year now, but I lurk more than post.
    Good game \o/ . Hope to see update fast . Here is a link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inodetelic.pizzasnake
    Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

Well, I would really play it but there are people without wifi in the world...
    sooo no google play store downloads for us :/

I'm implementing an analog stick like control.

Thank you again.
    3 of July 2014 update

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I've (almost) completely rewritten the game and now all the levels are available to play FOR FREE.

I've updated the original post with changes and more info.

:victory::victory::victory: