FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Hardbrick of N7 and hope for help

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By braxas, Senior Member on 22nd January 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey there,

unfortunately my Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo), which was rooted and ran on
Stock Android 4.4.2 and TWRP, suddenly stopped working.
I was experiencing some lags and decided to reboot it, but it never
powered back on. I didn't modify any system files.
I'm unable to enter recovery or download mode, but it seems that it is
now in QDL mode:

lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 017: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL
mode)

dmesg:
usb 2-4: new high-speed USB device number 15 using ehci_hcd
usb 2-4: New USB device found, idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008
usb 2-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-4: Product: QHSUSB_DLOAD
usb 2-4: Manufacturer: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
qcserial 2-4:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
usb 2-4: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I hope someone is going to be able to help me.
 
 
23rd January 2014, 12:07 AM |#2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 437
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braxas

Hey there,

unfortunately my Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo), which was rooted and ran on
Stock Android 4.4.2 and TWRP, suddenly stopped working.
I was experiencing some lags and decided to reboot it, but it never
powered back on. I didn't modify any system files.
I'm unable to enter recovery or download mode, but it seems that it is
now in QDL mode:

lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 017: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL
mode)

dmesg:
usb 2-4: new high-speed USB device number 15 using ehci_hcd
usb 2-4: New USB device found, idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008
usb 2-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-4: Product: QHSUSB_DLOAD
usb 2-4: Manufacturer: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
qcserial 2-4:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
usb 2-4: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I hope someone is going to be able to help me.

Go into TWRP and flash the nandroid you hopefully made for the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd January 2014, 12:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Go into TWRP and flash the nandroid you hopefully made for the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TWRP doesn' work like i said . I only can get in QDL mode
24th January 2014, 01:59 AM |#4  
SwoRNLeaDejZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taunton
Thanks Meter: 299
 
More
Have you tried flashing the factory image?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 04:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
i cant get into recovery or downloadmode
28th January 2014, 03:47 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braxas

i cant get into recovery or downloadmode

I suppose you understand or knowleadgeable of getting your phone into Bootloader mode/..

If you can, you can always Fastboot things up..

If you can't, but knew how to, that's a bit scary..
28th January 2014, 10:38 AM |#7  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,692
 
Donate to Me
More
power it off than volume down and power button and after a while it'll show you the bootloader than grab the factory images and flash them onto your nexus. I foyu want more info, search around. I've posted on one of the threads on how to use factory images
28th January 2014, 12:40 PM |#8  
SwoRNLeaDejZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taunton
Thanks Meter: 299
 
More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbV5480M5qg

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 05:16 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I cant use the factory images because i cant get into fastboot or anything else. The only thing i get is the QDL mode.
I cant enter recovery or fastboot or anything else
5th February 2014, 09:38 PM |#10  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braxas

I cant use the factory images because i cant get into fastboot or anything else. The only thing i get is the QDL mode.
I cant enter recovery or fastboot or anything else

I think you're fried, man. Every time one of my devices was stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD it had to be JTAGed. That's a definite hard brick. Sorry I don't have happier tidings.
6th February 2014, 06:42 AM |#11  
mariosraptor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corfu
Thanks Meter: 682
 
Donate to Me
More
RMA is your way. Bad unit. That's what it was

Sent from my Z30 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes