Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2014, 05:48 PM |#11  
Flag Boston, MA Area
Thanks Meter: 1,905

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsage3

I do have a recovery...have tried with Clockwork Mod and TWRP, but basically what happens is if I try to do a manual boot in to recovery mode using the keys on the back, it just actually goes through with the factory reset of the phone. If I try to do it through an app like CWM or TWRP, I get the LG splash screen, and then the android logo with its chest open and the red exclamation point over it. If I let it sit and do nothing on that graphic, eventually the phone just resets. There is nothing else on that screen but that graphic.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Even using Flashify, which claims to bypass this whole Lokis patch (still dont really understand what it is) didnt work...

Try to do through an app? You mean rom manager or twrp manager? If so it sounds like you still have the stock recovery, which would render those apps useless. Use the freegee app instead of flashify, it automatically downloads the correct recovery/loki patch and applies it.

Loki is simply a patch that tells the bootloader upon initial boot that it's OK to continue...Your bootloader is still locked, but the phone doesn't recognize that. If loki wasn't there, you'd just brick just like all the poor Verizon samsung users since the last update...

-VZW LG G2 VS980
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annoyingduck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift annoyingduck Ad-Free

23rd February 2014, 02:33 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingduck

Try to do through an app? You mean rom manager or twrp manager? If so it sounds like you still have the stock recovery, which would render those apps useless. Use the freegee app instead of flashify, it automatically downloads the correct recovery/loki patch and applies it.

Loki is simply a patch that tells the bootloader upon initial boot that it's OK to continue...Your bootloader is still locked, but the phone doesn't recognize that. If loki wasn't there, you'd just brick just like all the poor Verizon samsung users since the last update...

-VZW LG G2 VS980

THANK YOU!!!

I know it may be common knowledge to some, but to a complete newbie, this was the one bit of information I was missing that made a very frustrating process very simple. Many thanks to you my friend, if I could hit more than just a button to express it I would
23rd February 2014, 03:09 AM |#13  
Flag Boston, MA Area
Thanks Meter: 1,905

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsage3

THANK YOU!!!

I know it may be common knowledge to some, but to a complete newbie, this was the one bit of information I was missing that made a very frustrating process very simple. Many thanks to you my friend, if I could hit more than just a button to express it I would

No problem. That's what these forums are all about...

-VZW LG G2 VS980
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)