Just bought my Desire 816 dual sim, but.....

Search This thread

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011
Hi all:

I have just purchased my desire 816 dual sim last saturday! However, I have found that the battery drain is quite significant! I didn't use the phone often. Just using FB and web surfing for 10 minutes and leave it for another 36 minutes alone, but the battery drops by 6%!!!! I have turned on the ART mode and battery save mode, but it doesn't help much!

Anyone has the same experience as I have?

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
Hi all:

I have just purchased my desire 816 dual sim last saturday! However, I have found that the battery drain is quite significant! I didn't use the phone often. Just using FB and web surfing for 10 minutes and leave it for another 36 minutes alone, but the battery drops by 6%!!!! I have turned on the ART mode and battery save mode, but it doesn't help much!

Bought the 4G version yesterday. Battery is nice.. 11 hrs of normal usage & still 62% remaining

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

klaud004

Apr 9, 2014
somewhere out there
hi i have also the dual sim version,im having a good batterylife with my desire.
just uninstall or disable some rogue apps.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim

bade398

Nov 6, 2012
Damascus
The battery is amazing
It last 16 hrs in normal usage

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Rockstar600

Jul 2, 2012
Bangalore
Hello,
The battery life on this phone is pretty amazing, the 2,600mAh battery does work well.
I guess your problem can be with the network reception.
If you use 3G and aren't getting proper signals, the phone strives hard to search for a better signal, and hence in that case, that keeps the processor awake, and it leads in the mre consumption of battery than usual.

I would recommend you to switch to 2G mode, or Wi-Fi if possible. And then observe for sometime. If ever your problem isn't solved after trying what I wrote above, try uninstalling any 3rd party apps that you think are useless, (Not 100% sure about this, because Android does manage it's apps well, and there are very less chances of battery drain through an app) or you can then try to let the HTC Service guys know your issue, and I hope they do something for you.

Good luck

king.huzefa

Aug 11, 2014
Battery drain

Hi all:

R u still facing this issue ?
My battery goes dead in 3-4 hours with moderate usage.
My Gps,sync is off n all possible things mentioned on net have been applied for battery saving.

Plz help i bought this phone 2 days back....everything is awesome except this.

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
R u still facing this issue ?
My battery goes dead in 3-4 hours with moderate usage.
My Gps,sync is off n all possible things mentioned on net have been applied for battery saving.

Plz help i bought this phone 2 days back....everything is awesome except this.

Force Stop Google+.. its a battery killer

Battery of my wifez Butterfly was also draining in 3 to 4 hours time without usage & same happened to my 816 after adding another Google account

After force stopping Google +, battery life is normal

king.huzefa

Aug 11, 2014
Force Stop Google+.. its a battery killer

Battery of my wifez Butterfly was also draining in 3 to 4 hours time without usage & same happened to my 816 after adding another Google account

After force stopping Google +, battery life is normal

I have disabled it and many other apps i dont use mate...
Still its dropping like anything.
My battery has given me 4 hrs of usage till date on full charge.
I had updated my software when i got the phone...is that the reason ?

sandeeppathak007

Jan 16, 2008
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Please do the following

Press and hold the power button then you will get this 4 options to power off and reboot

Now touch n hold the power off n u shall get an option to reboot in safe mode

Reboot the phone in safe mode and observe the battery if it's fine then it's the apps that u have installed if not then you need to visit a service center

Press thank button if helped

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

zsurana

Sep 2, 2014
htc desire battery draining superfast

Can someone give me a solution to two problems:

1. I bought HTC desire 816 dual SIM two days back and it's battery is draining super fast. Within a couple of hours battery goes to 50 percent whereas I am not into gaming etc. Very average usage. I read good reviews about the battery life and bought this phone . Can someone help? Is this a defective piece?

2. If I have disabled an app, and then enabled it, where do I see the shortcut from. For example polaris. I disabled and enabled it. Now when I search in settings< apps it shows but I can't find it in the apps menu. How do I use it again?

Thanks

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
Can someone give me a solution to two problems:

1. I bought HTC desire 816 dual SIM two days back and it's battery is draining super fast. Within a couple of hours battery goes to 50 percent whereas I am not into gaming etc. Very average usage. I read good reviews about the battery life and bought this phone . Can someone help? Is this a defective piece?

2. If I have disabled an app, and then enabled it, where do I see the shortcut from. For example polaris. I disabled and enabled it. Now when I search in settings< apps it shows but I can't find it in the apps menu. How do I use it again?

Thanks

1. Force Stop Google + & enable power saver

2. Restart the phone

ashanjn

Jan 23, 2011
SAME ISSUE. brought it a week ago.

Hi all:

sorry my english is so POOR...... :(

same here.i brought BRAND NEW PHONE.
but its getting so fast bettry low. when i full charge its reduceing bettery level so fast.
my phone shows its 4.4.2 but i cant see kitkat wallpapers.
its sense 5.5 and its show sometims chinies letters when its turing on.
and camera not good quality.its like 5MP. but front is perfect.

i saw in GSM ARENA its stand by mode it more than 200HOURS.but its not.

please some help us to slove this.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

sorry my english is so POOR...... :(

same here.i brought BRAND NEW PHONE.
but its getting so fast bettry low. when i full charge its reduceing bettery level so fast.
my phone shows its 4.4.2 but i cant see kitkat wallpapers.
its sense 5.5 and its show sometims chinies letters when its turing on.
and camera not good quality.its like 5MP. but front is perfect.

i saw in GSM ARENA its stand by mode it more than 200HOURS.but its not.

please some help us to slove this.

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
See mine is single SIM, data always on either 4G or wifi with atleast 2 hrs of audio play on speakers with full volume, browsing, whatsapp, facebook..

Will get a dual sim for my wifie today .. lets c how it will go

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
C this

Attachments

• 1409800262459.jpg
    1409800262459.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 144