[Q] How to backup user dictionary on HTC Desire?

Search This thread

jamy_hallian

Aug 18, 2010
Multan, Pakistan
www.facebook.com
Hello all the geniouses at XDA.. :)

I have question regarding how to backup user dictionary on HTC Desire.
I change ROMs on a regular basis. Trying and evaluating new ROMs :D
But one of the biggest problems I face is I lose all my user dictionary words which I have saved and after switching to a new ROM, I have to add all the words again to my user dictionary. :(

I was wondering if there exists any way through which I can backup my user dictionary and restore it once I have switched to a new ROM, so that I dont have to go through the hassle of adding them again to my dictinary? :rolleyes:

Che123

Aug 18, 2009
Hello all the geniouses at XDA.. :)

I have question regarding how to backup user dictionary on HTC Desire.
I change ROMs on a regular basis. Trying and evaluating new ROMs :D
But one of the biggest problems I face is I lose all my user dictionary words which I have saved and after switching to a new ROM, I have to add all the words again to my user dictionary. :(

I was wondering if there exists any way through which I can backup my user dictionary and restore it once I have switched to a new ROM, so that I dont have to go through the hassle of adding them again to my dictinary? :rolleyes:

I think "My backup Pro" has this feature...

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
I'm not sure if the Desire 2.2 ROMs have this option but I know the Desire HD 2.2 ROM allows you to backup/restore the dictionary under Settings > Language and Keyboards > Touch Input settings > Personal dictionary.

And if you use the HTC_IME mod keyboard, then that also has the option to backup and restore.

------------------------------
- Sent via HTC Desire -

jamy_hallian

Aug 18, 2010
Multan, Pakistan
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure if the Desire 2.2 ROMs have this option but I know the Desire HD 2.2 ROM allows you to backup/restore the dictionary under Settings > Language and Keyboards > Touch Input settings > Personal dictionary.

And if you use the HTC_IME mod keyboard, then that also has the option to backup and restore.

------------------------------
- Sent via HTC Desire -

Sorry for my less knowledge but what exactly is HTC_IME mod?

Last edited:

BatterOnIt SC

Jun 22, 2010
London
I use the HTC.IME mod (its basically the sense keyboard for a non sense Rom) and backup pro does save the settings and dictionary because its installed as an app and not part of the rom. I've not lost a word since I rooted and started flashing roms.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

jamy_hallian

Aug 18, 2010
Multan, Pakistan
www.facebook.com
Ok guys. Now I can totally confirm that mybackuppro does NOT restore the user dictionary. It does backup it up but does NOT restore.

I found another way of doing it through. It's by using titanium backup. There is a system file in titanium backup by name of [USER DICT HTC] Touch Input 2.10 in green colour. If you back it up and restore it using titanium backup after ROM change, you will still have your user dictionary intact.:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Last edited:

MehruNisa

Nov 30, 2013
Not working

Edit = Titanium backup worked ... but I had to backup samsung keyboard and then restore only data
---------------------------------------------
For me "user dictionary backup" and titanium ... both wont work,
It just learns from facebook and gmail.
If anyone have solution to this ... kindly message me,
Samsung Note 2 N7100

Last edited: