[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sorry to be a real noob guys but I downloaded 9.16 tonight with intention to create a ftf for my Z2 phone but I cant find seus decrypt option in flashtool. Has the steps to creating a ftf slightly changed or have I missed something?

sjansen2

Jan 7, 2011
Berkel en Rodenrijs
Heey can someone help me?
I want to factory reset my XZ but keep the pictures and personal stuff on the internal storage. How?
And what does "Reset Customizations" do in flashtool?

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Hi, quick question as a lot of users in the Xperia M section are having the same error. What does the error
Code:
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MINOR";ERR_CODE="0017";ERR_DYNAMIC=" 0x8020001C "; 8020001C ";
mean and how is it fixed? I believe that they are all using the latest version of flashtool;.

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
Can I use flashtool 0.9.13 on my Xperia ZL to flash 4.3 FTF? I don't want to brick my awesome phone. I have the old version on FL 0.9.10.1. I have windows 7 64bit.

Plus, does FT 0.9.13 have a 64bit version??

TIA guys!!!

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
Can I use flashtool 0.9.13 on my Xperia ZL to flash 4.3 FTF? I don't want to brick my awesome phone. I have the old version on FL 0.9.10.1. I have windows 7 64bit.

Plus, does FT 0.9.13 have a 64bit version??

TIA guys!!!

Yes, just make sure you have the right ftf firmware. You can run it on 32 exe or 64 exe its in the folder

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
Great. Thanks. I'm just not a fan of kitkat on my phone. It sometimes restarts it's self and the battery seems to drain quicker. Lag is slight, but an issue.

Sent from my C6506 using XDA Free mobile app

NoSubstitute

Oct 29, 2008
Malmö
:) it was modded locally on my computer but I forgot to include changes in the release...
Edit : here is the complete script

Release zip still isn't updated, is it? I downloaded yesterday or the day before and it still failed. Also, you didn't release an updated FlashToolConsole, did you? Sorry, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit the script myself.

dansharpy

Dec 29, 2010
Cant root??

Ive been trying for hours now and im completely stuck! Ive downgraded the firmware on my C5303 to 12.0.A.1.257 but whenever i try and root using either Flashtool or Doomlords rootkit i cant get it to work. Ive just noticed after flashing a kernel only tft that it says 'Bootloader status : NOT_ROOTABLE' on the log. Is there any way to flash a rootable or prerooted bootloader using Flashtool? If yes can someone point me in the right direction please? Sorry im new to Sony so trying to get my head around everything! Its a UK EE LTE if that makes a difference. Thanks!

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Hi guys i have the newest version of FlashTool for Mac, Mavericks. When i try and run it, it bounces in the dock and then closes, as if i never did anything. Is there a resin for this, is there anything I can do to get it working.

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
Ive been trying for hours now and im completely stuck! Ive downgraded the firmware on my C5303 to 12.0.A.1.257 but whenever i try and root using either Flashtool or Doomlords rootkit i cant get it to work. Ive just noticed after flashing a kernel only tft that it says 'Bootloader status : NOT_ROOTABLE' on the log. Is there any way to flash a rootable or prerooted bootloader using Flashtool? If yes can someone point me in the right direction please? Sorry im new to Sony so trying to get my head around everything! Its a UK EE LTE if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Check if your phone is rootable/unlock bootloader by dialing this *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info and configuration and look for rooting status

evil.demon_s

Jan 2, 2013
I am not able to download flashtools from any of the links given
It giving file not found
Can anyone pm me latest flashtools...??

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sango2

Jun 13, 2012
Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to create an image for my Z2. I get to the bundle stage after completing the decryption however, it keeps saying "Device, Versio, Branding : all fields must be set. Even if I tried to fill in the fillable fields or leave them all blank, I get the same response.

The thing is, the Device: is greyed out so I cannot fill this in. Is there a way to get around this?

Attachments

• Flash.jpg
    Flash.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 284

samr007

Sep 26, 2013
Flashtool 0.9.16 not working properly in win 8.1pro

While Unlocking bootloader in xperia devices through latest flashtool, device selection option not showing any device name in win 8.1pro. But when I use flashtool 0.9.11 it is working.
Also can't support latest drivers in 32/64bit win 8.1pro.
When I change usbhub & usbport file in system32 then tethering not working if I try to connect any device!!

Sent from my LT26ii using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

deboopi2

Nov 12, 2011
MECHELEN
Backup device before rooting or unlocking

Hi,
I had a HTC one and knew how to root and unlock that phone.

I switched to a Xperia Z1 compact but I'm a noob for rooting / unlocking this device.

Before doing anything else I want to make a backup so I can restore it to its original settings if anything goes wrong.
Searching on 'backup Xperia' I found an explanation where you need to reflash the current os with the help of the Sony Update Software.
When that's done you can use this flashtool to make a backup.
In installed version 0.9.16 and found Tools - Bundles - Fileset decrypt and also Create.
Instead of 3 files as in the explanation I could find 4 files, I am able to decrypt them but when I want to create the bundle the device box
is greyed out but clicking on create I get the message 'Device, Version and Branding must be set', so I am stuck here.

I tried with an older version (0.9.13) but this one did not recognize my z1 compact.
So how to continue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)