[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

Search This thread

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
i made a video explaining how to use the Fit on the Nexus 5. this also may work with other phones im unsure.

mediafire.com/folder/05n572epblf4v/Gear_Fit_Nexus
youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files
install GR.gearmanagerstub.apk
then install gear fit update 1.25.apk
open the app and pair the fit. it should connect. you can use it like this but the update ads a few features like screen rotation.
now you need to get a samsung phone that is compatible and update the fit to 1.49
now you uninstall GR.gearmanagerstub.apk and gear fit update 1.25.apk
now install gearfitmanager1.49update.apk and gearfitinstaller.apk and pair your device. everything should be working perfectly.

i am also claiming the first nexus 5 working with the gear fit :p

Edit: I just found a "lite" version of s-health that DOES work. Here's the link
App: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbycvq5br1qbbly/com.sec.android.app.shealthlite-1.apk

Service: http://www.mediafire.com/?wr3t5fm5uwj8hr4

Apparently I can post links now too. Awesome

Last edited:

greeneyes1988

Apr 12, 2014
i made a video explaining how to use the Fit on the Nexus 5. this also may work with other phones im unsure.

mediafire[dot]com/folder/05n572epblf4v/Gear_Fit_Nexus
youtu[dot]be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files
open the app and pair the fit. it should connect. you can use it like this but the update ads a few features like screen rotation.
now you need to get a samsung phone that is compatible and update the fit to 1.49
now install gearfitmanager1.49update.apk and gearfitinstaller.apk and pair your device. everything should be working perfectly.

Thank you for posting this guide. I will try it out.
Do you also have an idea how to use S Health on the Nexus?

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you for posting this guide. I will try it out.
Do you also have an idea how to use S Health on the Nexus?

I haven't figured out how it get that working yet. It force closes right away. Nor have I figured out weather. But if you have a problem with notifications just go to settings > security > notification settings and enable it for the gear fit manager. Also still can't figure out how to change the time to 12h instead of 24h.

Last edited:

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
Also still can't figure out how to change the time to 12h instead of 24h.

Scratch that last part. I figured it out right after I posted that. All I did was go to the clock settings on my phone and toggled 24h mode on and off.

Edit: I updated the OP with how to use an "lite" version of shealth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quentin2

droidmix

Mar 2, 2014

youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files

That's awesome man. Crazy world, I discovered a very similar process with my HTC One M8 and M7. I just sideloaded the apps downloaded from Samsung's App Store onto the M8 and M7. Connected the Gear Fit and it worked. Only thing I couldn't get working was quick reply and alarm notifications. Just goes to show that it's totally possible though. Great work! I hope Samsung decides to open this up to other devices officially.

Last edited:

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
That's awesome man. Crazy world, I discovered a very similar process with my HTC One M8 and M7. I just sideloaded the apps downloaded from Samsung's App Store onto the M8 and M7. Connected the Gear Fit and it worked. Only thing I couldn't get working was quick reply and alarm notifications. Just goes to show that it's totally possible though. Great work! I hope Samsung decides to open this up to other devices officially.

Yep quick reply and alarm don't work for me either. But I'm thinking we need the Samsung clock and SMS app and then it should work.

Darkbob

Jan 15, 2011
WooHoo!

i made a video explaining how to use the Fit on the Nexus 5.

Hey dude! First thread I've found that got things working more or less! Good job and congrats on your mad ninja hacker skilz!

Question 1: Where's the video link? I'd love to see it.

Next... I just went through loading 1.25 and pairing as you described. Amazing! It worked! WooHoo!! Thanks!

During the loading process my Gear Fit decided it wanted to update it's firmware over Bluetooth.

After the update, the Gear Fit says "Software Version R350XXU0ANCF" .

Question 2: Do I still need to track down a Samsung phone and do more upgrading for the Fit's firmware or do you think it's already updated it's self as much as it needs and I can install 1.49 now?

I did try to install the 1.49 apk but at that point things fell apart and no more pairing. I went back to 1.25 and all was well. I hear 1.29 also works.

Last edited:

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk0vsx6k-cU&feature=youtu.be thats the video its in the OP.
my fit firmware is R350XXU0BND8 which i am pretty sure is a newer version because my fit works with the app version 1.49. if there is no option to rotate the screen in the settings on the fit then you are not on the newest version.

also im pretty sure you heard that 1.29 works from me in another post. that was a typo, as far as i know there is no 1.29.

greeneyes1988

Apr 12, 2014
Thank you very much. I tried it out and it works!
I can also install and open the lite version of S Health. But how can i sync it now? I can't login with a Samsung account. Wh i click on the login button, nothing happens....

Thanks again.

Quentin2

Feb 14, 2009
Wohooo, you are great. I could follow your steps.

I have only 2 problems:

a) I have no supported device to upgrade the Fit to 1.49 - will have to ask around in office if somebody has a supported Galaxy. Anyway, it would be great if we could manage to get the upgrading function working so we are independent of any special device requirements... not sure, what's missing here, because as somebody earlier mentioned: when pairing it with 1.25 the first time, it downloads a huge firmware update and pushes it to the Fit who afterwards reboots... but either it didn't work or it is not 1.49

b) Have the same problem with the S-Health lite - it can be started, but it is not able to logon to a Samsung account or sync with the Fit

Anyway, this is a huge progress so far. I bought my Fit today. It was released yesterday and only one single store had it on stock - when I found your thread, I immediately rushed to the store :D

Thank you so much for all the details you figured out so far.

dexxa05

May 5, 2007
Metz

youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files

App: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbycvq5br1qbbly/com.sec.android.app.shealthlite-1.apk

@nala1908 did you get Weather working.!

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you very much. I tried it out and it works!
I can also install and open the lite version of S Health. But how can i sync it now? I can't login with a Samsung account. Wh i click on the login button, nothing happens....

Thanks again.
I couldn't get it to sign in or sync either unfortunately. I'm working on it though.

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
Wohooo, you are great. I could follow your steps.

I have only 2 problems:

a) I have no supported device to upgrade the Fit to 1.49 - will have to ask around in office if somebody has a supported Galaxy. Anyway, it would be great if we could manage to get the upgrading function working so we are independent of any special device requirements... not sure, what's missing here, because as somebody earlier mentioned: when pairing it with 1.25 the first time, it downloads a huge firmware update and pushes it to the Fit who afterwards reboots... but either it didn't work or it is not 1.49

b) Have the same problem with the S-Health lite - it can be started, but it is not able to logon to a Samsung account or sync with the Fit

Anyway, this is a huge progress so far. I bought my Fit today. It was released yesterday and only one single store had it on stock - when I found your thread, I immediately rushed to the store :D

Thank you so much for all the details you figured out so far.

a) try going to bestbuy or another store that has them on display. They won't bother you about it. The guys at my store were trying to help! And the firmware update to 1.25 isn't an update. Its part of the fitmanager apk. There's also a firmware update in the 1.49 apk that is different. Originally I was trying to move the firmware from the new one to the old one but it wasn't working so I decided to just go to bestbuy and do it with their phones.

b) it doesn't work for me either. Neither does weather. But I'm still working on it.

And I bought my fit when it came out. I got it at the att store. At that point I didn't even know of it would work with the nexus but I decided it would be worth a shot and if I couldn't do it or someone else couldn't either then I'd just return it.

Also to the other question about notifications. Did you try to enable notification sharing in settings?

Quentin2

Feb 14, 2009
Hehe, I am really thankful that you tried and posted. You were the reason I dared to buy it. I'm from Germany, so no Best Buy. But not a problem, I work in a huge software company and there are several of these devices for internal tests available, so I may get a grip on one of them tomorrow to do the update. I am so interested to check the sleep tracker.

Notifications works for me like charm. Caller notification worked immediately, for the rest you can enable the general notifications and choose all applications you'd like to receive notifications from. I tried it with WhatsApp, it worked immediately, even showing the text including Chinese characters which are tricky. I am really happy.

As I can workaround the FW upgrade issue myself, my biggest dream would be to get the S-Health app working as this is the way to check your data and statistics. I am happy that the big display also lets you read most of this data, so it is not a total show stopper for now. We must keep in mind that it might happen that we never get the Samsung tools working. They are using TouchWiz stuff and Samsung accounts. So Samsung also would possibly not being happy that people not using their devices (that might also cross-finance the cloud servers) could use their infrastructure and trying to hinder this.

nala1908

Jan 1, 2011
Hehe, I am really thankful that you tried and posted. You were the reason I dared to buy it. I'm from Germany, so no Best Buy. But not a problem, I work in a huge software company and there are several of these devices for internal tests available, so I may get a grip on one of them tomorrow to do the update. I am so interested to check the sleep tracker.

Notifications works for me like charm. Caller notification worked immediately, for the rest you can enable the general notifications and choose all applications you'd like to receive notifications from. I tried it with WhatsApp, it worked immediately, even showing the text including Chinese characters which are tricky. I am really happy.

As I can workaround the FW upgrade issue myself, my biggest dream would be to get the S-Health app working as this is the way to check your data and statistics. I am happy that the big display also lets you read most of this data, so it is not a total show stopper for now. We must keep in mind that it might happen that we never get the Samsung tools working. They are using TouchWiz stuff and Samsung accounts. So Samsung also would possibly not being happy that people not using their devices (that might also cross-finance the cloud servers) could use their infrastructure and trying to hinder this.

Samsung should be happy we're buying their smartwatches. i dont know if theres a way to get touchwiz on the nexus, but if you could it would probably be possible to get everything working.

Quentin2

Feb 14, 2009
At least I can confirm: having connected it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Gear Fit Manager 1.49, it immediately downloaded a new FW for the Fit and now GFM 1.49 can connect to the Gear Fit and sleep tracking is also available now. Great!

Quentin2

Feb 14, 2009
Depends. For me it is. If you are not interested in alarms to wake you up and can help yourself by borrowing a compatible Samsung phone to make the firmware update and receive new functionality like sleep tracking, then you only will face one important issue:

you cannot sync the measured data to your phone, as this is done by S-Health which currently does not work. The Fit with its big display can still show you all relevant data and also historical data, so that is not a 100% no-go. But for the people who like to browse through fitness stats of past months on an app or in a browser, this is still a show stopper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files

Also still can't figure out how to change the time to 12h instead of 24h.

Scratch that last part. I figured it out right after I posted that. All I did was go to the clock settings on my phone and toggled 24h mode on and off.

Edit: I updated the OP with how to use an "lite" version of shealth.
    sync ok

Depends. For me it is. If you are not interested in alarms to wake you up and can help yourself by borrowing a compatible Samsung phone to make the firmware update and receive new functionality like sleep tracking, then you only will face one important issue:

you cannot sync the measured data to your phone, as this is done by S-Health which currently does not work. The Fit with its big display can still show you all relevant data and also historical data, so that is not a 100% no-go. But for the people who like to browse through fitness stats of past months on an app or in a browser, this is still a show stopper.

i've installed Samsung_com.osp.app.signin_1.4.0370_140370.apk on my nexus 5 and all it's okeay i can now sync my health data with gear :D

and i ve the samsung account installed on my nexus two :D
    Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?
    Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?
    I would like to know the same....