Motoactv

Search This thread

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Correct, the bootloader screen that doesn't say fastboot is not fastboot and will not work.

It would probably error out if it didn't work also. I suppose you could try wiping, but under normal circumstances it shouldn't matter if it went through the first time. There's even a button for that in the tool. It runs the -w command in a prompt for you. :)

Did the screen say anything in the command prompt that opened up?

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

SageForce

Oct 9, 2003
Global
www.RubenZ.com
Thanks for the response no it doesn't show anything. I have been in the fastboot screen and select return to stock. It erases and writes the preinstall and boot.img without any errors. Then restarts but still gets stuck in the same screen. It's really odd. I have even tried holding "Start, Vol + & -, and power for 30 seconds plus. And nada. So I'm outta tips and combinations. You guys have any other ideas? I can make a video of what I have done to show if you like.

Correct, the bootloader screen that doesn't say fastboot is not fastboot and will not work.

It would probably error out if it didn't work also. I suppose you could try wiping, but under normal circumstances it shouldn't matter if it went through the first time. There's even a button for that in the tool. It runs the -w command in a prompt for you. :)

Did the screen say anything in the command prompt that opened up?

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Wait, does it only write those 2 images? If so, you're missing at least one big one.

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
The buttons are "power" and "vol -", no need to try any other combination.

You need system.img , boot.img , and preinstall.img

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Everything wiped and flashed properly... Next question. Is it actually bootlooping or is it just taking a while for the first boot? First boot can take a while, but if the boot animation stutters and restarts, then it's looping. Is yours 16g or 8g?

SageForce

Oct 9, 2003
Global
www.RubenZ.com
Yea but it still hangs at the M logo with ring's flashing around it. Is there another step I'm missing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Dang that's a good question. I really don't know I bought it on ebay. And now I'm dealing with this issue. Since I received it.. I don't think it's rebooting. I have kept an eye on it for a bit and never saw it reboot.

sent from - At&t Note3 - still stock

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Well earlier when I sent the screen shot the battery died while the M logo is shown with the rings flashing around the logo. I have recharged it and have just pressed the power button and now it's back at the M logo with rings flashing again. Going to see if it actually completes at some point. Should I try this to see if it completes after a few power on's

sent from - At&t Note3 - still stock

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
You can try, but I'd try to turn it off and let it charge from the wall charger up to 100% when you can. You can try downloading cennis91's factory images for the 8gb and 16gb models, and flash one of those at a time, although the included image is the 8gb image that cennis91 posted. Maybe try the 16gb image? Oddly enough, they both booted up on my unit. Wipe before flashing. :)

SageForce

Oct 9, 2003
Global
www.RubenZ.com
Which Flash tool should I use? Root Tool 2.01 or Flasher V3 or do you have another tool to use to flash those Roms till I get it too boot? or should I use the flash-all.bat that's located in the images to try and get this sucker working again?
You can try, but I'd try to turn it off and let it charge from the wall charger up to 100% when you can. You can try downloading cennis91's factory images for the 8gb and 16gb models, and flash one of those at a time, although the included image is the 8gb image that cennis91 posted. Maybe try the 16gb image? Oddly enough, they both booted up on my unit. Wipe before flashing. :)

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
The batch file may work, if you've got fastboot and adb drivers installed. Otherwise, use the image flasher v3, or you should actually be able to flash it through recovery, I believe.

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
Which speaker was installing into Pebble or Smartwatch? Where I can buy this speaker? Ebay, aliexpress?

believe it was the motoactv ... believe it was a thinfilm piezoelectric speaker that he taped on to the wriststrap and coupled to the 3.5mm headset port. WHY IN THE F didn't they include a microphone or speaker or vibrator? Why did they disable audio access? Really wish Motorola or Google or whatever would be a little more open, transparent, and helpful. Seems like these dickbags just release a closed product at $500... and then give up when they realize that people aren't going to pay that much for them... then two/three years later when prices have come down to a reasonable price that the Devs can buy them and develop and other enthusiasts get into the HW, the mfg has already abandoned the HW and locked down the SW releasing no more sourcecode or firmware or updates or anything. SUCKS. if they are going to abandon us, why not at least open up the source? Creative Commons license or something?

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
believe it was the motoactv ... believe it was a thinfilm piezoelectric speaker that he taped on to the wriststrap and coupled to the 3.5mm headset port. WHY IN THE F didn't they include a microphone or speaker or vibrator? Why did they disable audio access? Really wish Motorola or Google or whatever would be a little more open, transparent, and helpful. Seems like these dickbags just release a closed product at $500... and then give up when they realize that people aren't going to pay that much for them... then two/three years later when prices have come down to a reasonable price that the Devs can buy them and develop and other enthusiasts get into the HW, the mfg has already abandoned the HW and locked down the SW releasing no more sourcecode or firmware or updates or anything. SUCKS. if they are going to abandon us, why not at least open up the source? Creative Commons license or something?

$500? Here in reality it was $250 when it came out

Reactions: ClearD

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
$500? Here in reality it was $250 when it came out
It's just frustrating that once again, the only thing holding us back is the manufacturer. So much talent, so much enthusiasm and ingenuity here at xda but yet again the manufacturer forestalls further development. Lead, follow, or get out the way. Imho. Come on google, give us what you can.

Reactions: ClearD

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Oh I'm for the cause, I just don't want people reading that info and actually thinking the Motoactv cost $500 at any point in time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.