Official VZW release of JellyBean for MZ602

Should I extract the stock JellyBean for ya'll?

• Yes indeed, that would be admirable good sir...

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • No sir, there is quite enough fluff available

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I have a development Xoom MZ602 with the 4G LTE modem running the final official Verizon build of JellyBean 4.1.1 (JRO03H).
Hello- I'm with the "Team EOS" ROM group, and is there any chance you still have the original 'update.zip' (or equivalent) file available? It turns out that while our LTE JB ROM is already up and running, your VZW ROM has a new radio baseband for the built-in CDMA radio, and we'd love to be able to get that to incorporate that into our builds. Unfortunately, the radio baseband firmware isn't part of the /system dump you've provided (and thanks for that, BTW!).

Thanks, Kenny

despich

Mar 1, 2011
fort wayne, in
No Root

I understand this is a stock not rooted image. Couple questions though..

1. Can I just root it afterwards? (I assume not as it makes sense someone would have done that already and then posted the rooted image) So their must not be and root method established for it?? But it seems like their would be since it's the Xoom and they have always been super easy to root.

2. Do you loose your ClockWorkMod option after you do the install so you can't easily "back out" and go to another rom. (I guess you could always load a older stock image via Odin and start over that way)

Dan

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Hello- I'm with the "Team EOS" ROM group, and is there any chance you still have the original 'update.zip' (or equivalent) file available? It turns out that while our LTE JB ROM is already up and running, your VZW ROM has a new radio baseband for the built-in CDMA radio, and we'd love to be able to get that to incorporate that into our builds. Unfortunately, the radio baseband firmware isn't part of the /system dump you've provided (and thanks for that, BTW!).

Thanks, Kenny

The original Poster "compnird" does not have access to the update.zip. i.e. he didn't load it, he got the device after it was loaded.

Because this is a development install. I do not have access to the update.zip, it was not a push from VZW but a load directly from Motorola development. Yes, it will be relased soon but no idea when.

This is the best I can give you for now, sorry to disappoint.​

skizzigh

Jul 2, 2009
Error

I get a the follow message

Checking MD5 sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
Restoring boot image...
Resotring system....
Error while restoring /system!

I have a customer rom on my xoom now. I have did a completely whipe. any help would be much appreciated.

countzyx

Dec 25, 2007
Goo.im is totally hosed, can someone share EOS Recovery R6?

I've been trying since last night to get a copy of EOS Recovery R6 from goo.im with no luck whatsoever. They seemed to have performed an upgrade and they were using a Lustre setup to store everything; it seems that when they added the new storage, Lustre thought those held the truth and erased everything in the old storage.

Anyway, could someone share eos-recovery-r6.img (or .zip) in a Dropbox public folder or something? I tried the original instructions and get that error while restoring "system" that a lot of people are getting. I'm hoping this will get over that hurdle and I have enjoy some sweet Jelly Bean goodness on my Xoom.

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
I've been trying since last night to get a copy of EOS Recovery R6 from goo.im with no luck whatsoever. They seemed to have performed an upgrade and they were using a Lustre setup to store everything; it seems that when they added the new storage, Lustre thought those held the truth and erased everything in the old storage.

Anyway, could someone share eos-recovery-r6.img (or .zip) in a Dropbox public folder or something? I tried the original instructions and get that error while restoring "system" that a lot of people are getting. I'm hoping this will get over that hurdle and I have enjoy some sweet Jelly Bean goodness on my Xoom.

i can share it when i get home in a couple of hours if no one has posted it before then

never mind, i see someone posted it in the EOS recovery thread
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30229042&postcount=192

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I have a development Xoom MZ602 with the 4G LTE modem running the final official Verizon build of JellyBean 4.1.1 (JRO03H). This version should hit market as soon as VZW releases it (don't ask, I dont' know when that will be), they have already signed off on it so it should be soon as this will be final version.

UPDATE:
You wanted it, here it is. I am leaking the official JellyBean build for the Verizon branded 4G Zoom MZ602. The build is currently UNrooted and is NOT A ROM! This is a Nandroid backup. I have a developer bootloader and flashed CWM to my recovery just to bring this to you untouched. (It's the same JB build, JRO03H, as the wifi version but with Verizon's hardware binaries and such... amazingly not really any bloatware)

You do need to have CWM loaded to enjoy this.

Download the file, extract the contents and drop the folder into the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder in your device.
Boot into CWM recovery and go into restore, select the 2012-08-02.23.36.52

Technically this should only work on models with the 4G LTE upgrade installed but I have had confirmation that it works on 3G models as well. Use at your own risk, I've only personally tested this on the 4G version.

A reminder, this is NOT rooted... This is the stock, base JellyBean Build to be released by Verizon. This isn't a hack job, it's the real deal, untouched and ready for your enjoyment.

http://db.tt/11zyxvuw - Any Mirrors available?

Thanks 911Junkie for the mirror: http://goo.gl/wYiO4

Filename is JB.RAR md5: 7307d1b19cd4304b8f9696edf2fc68e9

Let me know how this works for you.

Dude you are the man. I also noticed it came with a new CDMA radio (03.1A.66SP) but no new LTE radio. I know it's not as easy to dump Xoom radios as it is on other devices, but does anyone know of a way to do it? I'd love to have that new 66SP CDMA radio if at all possible.

Last edited:

countzyx

Dec 25, 2007
Jelly Bean makes the Xoom so sweet.

:victory:

While I screwed up enough to require RSD Lite to recover, I did get my Xoom on this copy of Jelly Bean and it truly is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing, compnird. It really makes this old tablet shine. :) Everyone should be on JB ASAP!

daytonboi

Apr 16, 2008
I posted in the general section and didn't get any hits. maybe if i post in the rom thread i'm using i might get some help. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not. Within the past couple weeks my xoom has not been connecting the the VZW network. It sees it just fine I have what seems to be full coverage, i even get a 4g icon but it won't turn blue. However, if i turn on the wifi , the 4g turns blue and in the menu under mobile state it says connected. Anyone else experiencing this.

LycaonX

Sep 17, 2007
I went from stock VZW ICS IMM76L (4.0.4) to this and my radio wasn't detected at all. I've got the 4G LTE upgraded MZ602. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Edit: Reflashed stock HLK75D and let it grab all of the OTA updates up until ICS, then re-restored this and it's working fine now. /shrug.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I find it absolutely heinous that the Verizon Xoom still has no official Jelly Bean update. I don't know if this is Verizon's, Google's, or Motorola's fault but Jesus. Enough is enough. Yeah I know... custom ROM yadda yadda. That's not the point. The Verizon Xoom, like the Wi-Fi-only model, gets its updates from Google. This shouldn't take so long. The Wi-Fi model got 4.1.2/JZO54K six months ago now. Even if Google was relying on Motorola to make some radio fixes before releasing to Verizon for approval, is six months not enough time to coordinate this? I get that the Xoom's sales numbers were dismal (when you charge iPad prices for something that isn't an iPad, what do you expect?) and that the Xoom is no longer a priority device for Google, Motorola, or Verizon. That said, just get the damn update out there so they can finally put this device to bed.

Last edited:

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

alex94kumar

Feb 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
As soon as the motorola x phone comes out I'm going off contract.... as it says below this post I have a motorola droid 4, and its okay on verizon, but those greedy scumbags will not be getting any more of my money.

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a development Xoom MZ602 with the 4G LTE modem running the final official Verizon build of JellyBean 4.1.1 (JRO03H). This version should hit market as soon as VZW releases it (don't ask, I dont' know when that will be), they have already signed off on it so it should be soon as this will be final version.

UPDATE:
    You wanted it, here it is. I am leaking the official JellyBean build for the Verizon branded 4G Zoom MZ602. The build is currently UNrooted and is NOT A ROM! This is a Nandroid backup. I have a developer bootloader and flashed CWM to my recovery just to bring this to you untouched. (It's the same JB build, JRO03H, as the wifi version but with Verizon's hardware binaries and such... amazingly not really any bloatware)

You do need to have CWM loaded to enjoy this.

Download the file, extract the contents and drop the folder into the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder in your device.
    Boot into CWM recovery and go into restore, select the 2012-08-02.23.36.52

Technically this should only work on models with the 4G LTE upgrade installed but I have had confirmation that it works on 3G models as well. Use at your own risk, I've only personally tested this on the 4G version.

A reminder, this is NOT rooted... This is the stock, base JellyBean Build to be released by Verizon. This isn't a hack job, it's the real deal, untouched and ready for your enjoyment.

http://db.tt/11zyxvuw - Any Mirrors available?

Thanks 911Junkie for the mirror: http://goo.gl/wYiO4

Filename is JB.RAR md5: 7307d1b19cd4304b8f9696edf2fc68e9

Let me know how this works for you.
    It's because vzw is still kanging my sh*t! :mad:
    Is the boot animation the same as ICS?

To my dismay, yes. Exactly the same boot animation.
    I'm pretty sure this is the WiFi build. It may have been pushed to you by mistake. Did you have a custom ROM; it might have fetched the update from Google?

I find it odd that the VZW version would have the same Build name as the WiFi build and the Baseband version didn't change from what us ICS guys have.

Not stating fact, just guessing...