Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Reactions: davidwilson83

igerup

Sep 13, 2012
That sounds promising. I'd better make a backup just in case.

I flashed on a whim after making a backup. And it works.
@Spannaa You might want to update the first post with the info that the JWR66V files work fine with no problems on JWR66Y.

Last edited:

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
Nex 7 (2013)

Hey all,

Can anyone confirm if these mods would work on the new Nexus 7 (2013) ? I suppose not with the different resolution, but need someone to confirm..

cafe0401

Apr 15, 2007
Dear all,
Did anyone can give me "4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi" stock SystemUI.apk please?
I had flash "4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme" so many time, but still can not update JWR66Y OTA (status 7).
Thanks.

maxqas

Feb 13, 2013
Toronto/GTA
stat_sys_battery.xml + stat_sys_battery_charge.xml

Hi Spannaa, and thanks for posting these themes!!
I have a specific question about the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml ... are these binary files? I wanted to learn how these transitions work so I could make a few modifications of my own. Could you direct me to the source code for these? Is it based on AOKP stat_sys files? Would be much obliged for some direction.

Thanks!

The stock battery on the Nexus 7 only changes icons at 0%, 15%, 28%, 43%, 57%, 71%, 85% & 100% charge so I've modified it so that there are now icons for every 1% and they're also animated when the device is charging.

To do this, I made two sets of Base VRThemes which modify SystemUI.apk:

The first set are Base Statusbar Battery VRThemes which change just the statusbar battery icons and contain a modified res\drawable\stat_sys_battery.xml, a modified res\drawable\stat_sys_battery_charge.xml, the 202 1% statusbar battery icons in res\drawable-hdpi & larger versions of thes icons in res\drawable-sw720dp-hdpi for tablet mode users and a modified resources.arsc

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Hi Spannaa, and thanks for posting these themes!!
I have a specific question about the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml ... are these binary files? I wanted to learn how these transitions work so I could make a few modifications of my own. Could you direct me to the source code for these? Is it based on AOKP stat_sys files? Would be much obliged for some direction.

Thanks!
They're simple xml files which replace the ones in SystemUI.apk/res/drawable

I've zipped and attached the decompiled versions below so that you can read their contents.

Attachments

• stat_sys_battery_xml_files.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 23

maxqas

Feb 13, 2013
Toronto/GTA
They're simple xml files which replace the ones in SystemUI.apk/res/drawable

I've zipped and attached the decompiled versions below so that you can read their contents.

Thanks for sharing!!! Very insightful! I understand now how you have used the framework to show the charging animation :D
Will play around with the duration parameter numbers.

Reactions: Spannaa

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Many will be very glad if somebody can finally made battery mods like these here to work on KitKat. I haven't actually seen one here in xda and anywhere. I checked the SystemUI of my Nexus 4 and cannot find the usual stat_sys_battery/charge xmls inside and the png images are not there anymore as well. Could be hard-coded or something now, not sure:confused:

Last edited:

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Many will be very glad if somebody can finally made battery mods like these here to work on KitKat. I haven't actually seen one here in xda and anywhere. I checked the SystemUI of my Nexus 4 and cannot find the usual stat_sys_battery/charge xmls inside and the png images are not there anymore as well. Could be hard-coded or something now, not sure:confused:
Aren't they (and the two xml files) now in framework-res.apk for KitKat?

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Aren't they (and the two xml files) now in framework-res.apk for KitKat?

yup but previously in JB and lower, both got those 2 xmls but we only mod on the SystemUI side for battery images

though actually I still tried that one as well (out of curiosity), but the mod on the framework I made just bootlooped on my Nexus 4 so I am presuming it must have been still in the SystemUI or somewhere(but I can't find any clue) LoL:D

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
yup but previously in JB and lower, both got those 2 xmls but we only mod on the SystemUI side for battery images

though actually I still tried that one as well (out of curiosity), but the mod on the framework I made just bootlooped on my Nexus 4 so I am presuming it must have been still in the SystemUI or somewhere(but I can't find any clue) LoL:D

OK, I've upgraded to stock 4.4 KRT16O and the battery icons are now not pngs :(

The percentage is built into the rom but it isn't enabled by default.
It can be enabled by flashing battery.percent.1.0.1.apk by @kroegerama

I've built a VRTheme template that works on Android 4.4 and am making a VRTheme that will change the icons, clock & battery colour to ICS Blue to go with this apk

I'll post it in a new thread once I've finished testing it ;)

Reactions: Rycon33

Gremlee

Oct 6, 2009
Hi,
Any chance someone could repost the following files please?

Stock 4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme
Stock 4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme

The links in the OP are dead and after using other ROMS I find that 4.3 JWR66V is the best for the Nexus 7.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Hi,
Any chance someone could repost the following files please?

Stock 4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme
Stock 4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme

The links in the OP are dead and after using other ROMS I find that 4.3 JWR66V is the best for the Nexus 7.

Thanks in advance.

The link for "Stock 4.3 JWR66V Wi-Fi Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme" is still live but some of the others have gone AWOL due to goo.im's server move.

Give it a few hours and I'll re-upload everything to goo.im and see if they're still as reliable as they used to be...

Reactions: Gremlee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts