[solution] "There was a problem communicating with google servers."

Search This thread

aps786

Jan 21, 2013
Mumbai
Thanks for the info.
I solved it by installing PrebuiltGmsCore.apk from here * can't post the link...
Thanks again,
Ram

Thanks a lot, you saved me with the hint. Without google account on phone, phone is almost useless, can't get all my contacts, can't install any app from play store and no gmail.

Well, I didn't find link for this PrebuiltGmsCore.apk on this post but after some search I found this gapps zip which contains PrebuiltGmsCore.apk inside system\priv-app folder. just extract it and install. That will install Google Play Services and then you should able to add google account.

ps: google play services frequently keep crashing but not sure yet if some additional dependency require. I will try cleaning cache and data and try adding account again.

jakesparow

May 13, 2015
Help

Thanks for the info.
I solved it by installing PrebuiltGmsCore.apk from here * can't post the link...
Thanks again,
Ram
Did.nt Worked for me i just instal it but after installetion it's shows me unfortunetelly the google play services has stopped working error
can u please help me guys

Prhwin

Jun 2, 2013
Vellore
None of the above methods worked for me

I tried all the methods posted here. Unfortunately, none of it worked for me. I removed the existing primary account in this process of making it work and lost my contacts with it. I couldn't add my account again because of this error. So, I got into contacts.google.com, exported my contacts from there to a vcf file and loaded that onto my mobile. Then, I have installed amazon appstore. Now everything is fine;) Hope this helps at least some people who is still struggling with it.:eek:

P.S: I'm going to get rid of gapps when I get time.

Last edited:

pawanhande

Nov 26, 2015
I recently removed knox and rooted my phone following the guide. Worked great... I got into my phone with CM10, except for a constant "There was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later." error message. I thought it was a bad wipe, so I rewiped and reflashed the ROM. No joy. I did a full factory reset from the menu. No joy.

Searching on Google and XDA yielded a lot of messages about the Google servers going down a few years ago. Obviously this wasn't the case. Finally, I found something that worked:

• Disabled 2-step Authentication (mostly to make it easier on myself)
  • Removed the account
  • Cleared the data on the "Google Account Manager"
  • Readded said account

This worked for me. I'm on CM10.2.1-dspr (stable).

I deleted the google account and tried to sign in with different google account but failed . it is showing the same error msg

maxsteel1947

Feb 1, 2016
Couldn't sign in There was a problem communicating with google servers.

Note! Root Required!!
Go to settings- apps - playstore and Clear Data and cache
Now using any root file explorer (Esxplorer recommended) open etc folder located in root folder... locate host file - open with text editor..
it should look like below
123.0.0.1 local host
12 ip6-local host
# 123.123.12.123 android.clients.google.com
Now just add # infront of the second ip address which is 123.123.12.123 as shown above
save the file restart the phone and it will work..
Thank if it helps you(I am not a developer so it might not work for everyone but atleast give it a try)

Aug 8, 2016
I had this problem and none of the solutions I found has worked. I know this thread is super old but how do I install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk? Every time I try, it gives me "App not installed" after one second.

Maghar singh

Dec 31, 2016
Hello pleas help me my phone have root then i tried to get modded google play store but it not worked i tried all tricks but it no solve pleas help what i do

Last edited:

puflynx

Nov 24, 2013
Zhenjiang
I've tried everthing in the thread but all failed. Ive downloaded many gapps but all failed. The only headway was putting the core apk in system but it also ends with a pop up..gapps has stopped working. Please what do i do again

flick.ezra

Mar 12, 2016
Pinamalayan
everytime port CM builds i encounter that error. tried the 2 steps verification.

I recently removed knox and rooted my phone following the guide. Worked great... I got into my phone with CM10, except for a constant "There was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later." error message. I thought it was a bad wipe, so I rewiped and reflashed the ROM. No joy. I did a full factory reset from the menu. No joy.

Searching on Google and XDA yielded a lot of messages about the Google servers going down a few years ago. Obviously this wasn't the case. Finally, I found something that worked:

• Removed the account
  • Readded said account

but if you teach me how to port properly i think it will fix it?

mondeo91

Sep 6, 2018
Google- error communicating with the server

Success! I now have a virus free phone, running on lineage os 14.1-20170518-unofficial-AC55HE, Android version 7.1.2.
However I now have a major problem, I cannot access the google play store. I try and add my gmail account and receive a message "error communicating with the servers, please try again later". I have googled and attempted some way to fix this, clearing and deleting all google data and cache and rebooting with no luck. I attempted various internet connections again no luck. I tired flashing with GAPPS- did not work, received an error about an ? MD5 file missing. Tried installing an apk file but came back as corrupt and unable to install. So I'm at a complete loss, have an amazing virus free phone but with no apps! Has anybody any idea how to fix this? Please! Any suggestions/solutions would be extremely welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help!

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
Google- error communicating with the server

Success! I now have a virus free phone, running on lineage os 14.1-20170518-unofficial-AC55HE, Android version 7.1.2.
However I now have a major problem, I cannot access the google play store. I try and add my gmail account and receive a message "error communicating with the servers, please try again later". I have googled and attempted some way to fix this, clearing and deleting all google data and cache and rebooting with no luck. I attempted various internet connections again no luck. I tired flashing with GAPPS- did not work, received an error about an ? MD5 file missing. Tried installing an apk file but came back as corrupt and unable to install. So I'm at a complete loss, have an amazing virus free phone but with no apps! Has anybody any idea how to fix this? Please! Any suggestions/solutions would be extremely welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help!
Md5 missing is just a message, not an error. Turn off md5 verification in twrp. You don't need an md5 to flash gapps. Use open gapps. Or use a different app store.

mondeo91

Sep 6, 2018
Still not connecting with google

Md5 missing is just a message, not an error. Turn off md5 verification in twrp. You don't need an md5 to flash gapps. Use open gapps. Or use a different app store.

So I have managed to install GAPPS successfully on my phone. However I am still getting the error that google can't connect to the server. I have downloaded device id to get my google framework services number but when I click into it, the google services number option is blank. Can anybody please help me to try and get google working. I'm running lineage 14.2 os and have tried google installer but it does not work- comes back as file corrupt no matter where I download it from. I have tried to get the framework id number via adb but it does not work. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the info.

I don't know if you've fixed this already, but I deleted the data and cache of every Google app and I'd worked.

Thanks for the info.
    Thanks again,
    Ram

• Removed the account
    • Readded said account

Hi, I don't have 2-step Authentication enabled on my google account...
    this is a newly flashed rom on this phone (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589303) - every thing is o.k. but I cant connect to the google play / add new account to the phone etc...
    i get error:
    "there was a problem communicating with google servers/ try again later"

installing the Google Play Store 4.6.16 did not help - still the same error.
    can you help??

I don't know if you've fixed this already, but I deleted the data and cache of every Google app and I'd worked.
    correct gapps

The same error happened to me when I was trying to use the most recent gapps that cyanogenmod links to when I needed an older version
    Thanks for the info.
    Thanks again,
    Ram

OMG Thx alot man you save my life

i had this error for about 2 weeks can't sign in google account....

and now just simply reinstal the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk it work again like charm