Transparent nav bar

Search This thread

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Ok Im still having issues getting this 9patch png image under control . To give you some background . Im attempting to darken the Status bar transparency so it isnt so difficult to see the icons when a lighter wallpaper applied . In past versions of android ie: Ice cream sandwich , I would simple open SystemUi.apk pull the png file and edit the file in paintshop pro . Save the image then just add the png through winrar back into the apk then flash a update zip and apply the new changes . Of course with draw9patch files it isnt that simple since whenever I attempt to save the file it corrupts it . I have attempted to edit the png files and instead seem to break the images in the process. Ive searched and used draw9patch suit and still I am unable to get it to work properly since it always spits out errors when i attempt to do so . The end result I am attempting to do is either darken the status bar transparency . I want to keep it transparent but just darker . That or apply a gradient transparency much like the one found in googles stock launcher status bar (Starts opaque but finishes as fully transparent . Im on Skyfall rom by Ibastid, Any assistance would be appreciated . Trying to learn this since its something I want to learn .

jaimeletelierhay

Jun 15, 2012
Belfast
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I also have the weird shadow effect and the status bar is perfectly transparent but there is still the divider at the bottom.....help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403587296124.jpg
    1403587296124.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 201

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Reactions: EternalAndroid

EternalAndroid

Dec 18, 2012
Denver
Reactions: ckpv5

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Reactions: EternalAndroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the simple ones .....

Transparent Status Bar

Replace the status_bar_background_transparent.9.png with a transparent one in
    SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\

screenshot_2014-06-15_14-22-38.png screenshot_2014-06-15_14-22-47.png screenshot_2014-06-15_14-23-02.png

Transparent Nav Bar on Homescreen and Blinkfeed page

Replace the home_launcher_bg.9.png and home_panel_gradient.9.png and prism_feed_gradient.9.png with transparent ones in

a) if you have com.htc.launcher-1.apk in data\app\

com.htc.launcher-1.apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\

b) if you have only Prism.apk in system\priv-app\

Prism.apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\

and also change the navigation_background_transparent.9.png with a transparent one in
    SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\

screenshot_2014-06-15_14-41-21.png screenshot_2014-06-15_14-41-31.jpg

and you may need to change the transparency for the Lockscreen after you made the above change to the Transparent Nav Bar because it will look weird like this

screenshot_2014-06-15_14-27-01.png

change the lockscreen_nav_bg.9.png to the transparent one in
    HtcLockScreen.apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\

then it will look like this

screenshot_2014-06-15_15-03-55.png
    Good info thanks, you helped me track down a couple of files that I was looking for.
    A question if I may, do you know what file(s) are putting that annoying line between the dock and the navbar ?

This will need xml editing (unless someone can come up with better idea)

1. edit : com.htc.launcher-1.apk(or Prism.apk)\res\layout\main_launcher.xml

search for
    Code:
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/nav_bar_div" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/margin_l" android:paddingRight="@dimen/margin_l" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/common_b_div" android:scaleType="fitXY" />

then change android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    to android:layout_height="@dimen/navigation_bar_divider_height"

2. edit : com.htc.launcher-1.apk (or Prism.apk)\res\values\dimens.xml

add <dimen name="navigation_bar_divider_height">0.0dip</dimen> to it

You'll have as in this screenshot

screenshot_2014-06-16_03-22-29.png
    Oh okay, I thought I could do it on the phone. Man this is so much for me. Haha. I wish I could find a flashable zip or modded apk. Time to stop being lazy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me but thanks anyway.

Try mine .... make a backup first.

This come with Transparent Status Bar & Nav Bar and no divider between dock and NavBar.

screenshot_2014-06-17_01-06-53.jpg
    Thank you. But where is the xx.apk/res/xxhdpi located? And what image editor would you suggest?

Edited: never mind. I'm dumb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SystemUI.apk, HtcLockscreen.apk and Prism.apk are located in system/priv-app/
    and if you have com.htc.launcher-x.apk, it is located in data/app/

This is my favorite tool to work with 9patch images : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272513
    download link on page 2.

(I got this from other thread on xda but can't find it now)
    Try mine .... make a backup first.

This come with Transparent Status Bar & Nav Bar and no divider between dock and NavBar.

View attachment 2801830

Many thanks, your file worked.
    Perhaps there's something wrong with the way my apk was compiled but there were no errors.