[Q] Need help rooting Droid 4

Search This thread

scottrollins

Sep 7, 2014
My wife gave me her old droid 4. She had a problem with the sim card, and after a few trips to the verizon store they just said ok get a new phone. So i have this droid 4 just sitting here. When i turn it on its been wiped and wants to setup the phone. My question is from this state can it be rooted and loaded with a custom rom to just be more like a tablet for the kids or is it just a paperweight at this point?

Everything i read so far says in order to root the phone i have to do at least make sure the phone is in debugging mode, well since you cant even get to that from a normal boot up im wondering what the other options are. I tried using recovery to load things, but that just fails, and i got the droid dev kit to use adb, and that only will sideload an image, which also fails upon verification.

Any help would be awesome :)

scottrollins

Sep 7, 2014
You sir are a saint and genius rolled into one! was about to goto sleep but now i gotta run upstairs and try this!!!

[

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to by pass activation screen use 4 corners method

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Bypassing the JB Activation Screen of any Motorol…: http://youtu.be/ujLVKXmLGBE

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk