Battery

Search This thread

Badmiker

Feb 25, 2011
What kind of use are people getting out of their OneS batteries?

I've had my phone for just under a week and have run it through 3 or 4 full charge/discharge cycles.
Phone is running stock firmware. Last charge lasted ~36 hours with the screen using the most power.

I'd be interested to know what other people are seeing?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
I get around 18 - 24 hours battery, depending on how i use it...

Battery life is epic on this phone :D Ive yet to see someone complain about it

southkill

Apr 5, 2011
Mine was running nearly 48hours yesterday.
The Trick seems to be to deactivate the Option best WLAN Signal

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
Mine was running nearly 48hours yesterday.
The Trick seems to be to deactivate the Option best WLAN Signal

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

Just got mine yesterday, could you let me know how to find the option best WLAN Signal? Is it the one in the Advanced Wi-Fi called "Best Wi-Fi performance"?

NYRican

Mar 24, 2008
im have an imported international one s on att in nyc and i only get maybe 10-12 hours i use it fairly oftern but no videos or calls. i get no where near 24 or even 18 hours like i need.

Komadyret

Aug 7, 2010
12-20 hours.
That includes about 2 hours of off-screen streaming while commuting, 8-10 hours WiFi on, 2-4 hours games and surfing, 10-15 minutes calls and a dozen or so messages.
My last charge was at about 25% after 16 hours, and usage pattern as described. Screen is on auto brightness and consuming about 60%.

NYRican

Mar 24, 2008
Anyone else? My battery life is exceptionally bad took the phone with me to the park 4hrs of listening to music with maybe an hours worth of web browsing and 30 of those minutes taking pictures the phone is dead

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
Anyone else? My battery life is exceptionally bad took the phone with me to the park 4hrs of listening to music with maybe an hours worth of web browsing and 30 of those minutes taking pictures the phone is dead

That doesn't strike me as exceptionally bad but rather merely less than average. An hour of web browsing is going to use a lot of battery in itself. Do you use the Beats enhancements too when listening to music? Bet that drains some battery.

NYRican

Mar 24, 2008
its exceptionally bad in comparison to what everyone e else is reporting about this phone. and the battery is one of the reasons i chose this over the one x. my phone also keeps switching between h and 3g. im on ATT on an imported MAO

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
First charge and usage was; A few texts, 10-20 min of video, fair amount of browsing, installing lots of apps, tweaking and changing everything about, GPS, camera etc. and brightness was at 70-85% brightness for about 1-2 hours and dropped to 50% for the rest of the time, however, I didn't have my SIM in for the first hour of use (testing the mobile first to make sure it worked ok), wifi was on constantly as well.

Second charge and usage was; the same as above but a fair bit more browsing was done and a few games (angry birds and ROM emulators) and brightness was at 50% the entire time, plus this time the SIM was in for the entire time.

lmiaa.png

TurkzZ

Apr 15, 2010
really good battery life, after a day of calls, bit of gaming, couple camera shots, with sync on, fb etc, battery is at 50% - 60% ,

I reckon i could get 2 days easy if i was economical, but 1 day easy with heavy use.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
The screen will always have the highest usage so really battery stats are somewhat useless without sharing screen on time..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Badmiker

Feb 25, 2011
Without particularly trying to save power my battery is lasting 36 hours or so.

By far the biggest drain is the screen, currently at 65% of power drawn. Wifi is second with 7%. Considering that wifi has been on more or less constantly for the period this is pretty impressive.

I could probably push battery life to 2 days if I replaced live wallpaper with black background and reduced screen brightness generally. It's hard to know what else to do though.

Stiflerlv

Apr 9, 2010
I got question regarding to battery and charging...

How it would affect battery, if I would charge it every day while driving 1h (it wont get fully charged if empty). Would it affect it badly in time?

vasp3690

Apr 23, 2012
i get about down to 30-35% at the end of the day with light web use, gmail, maybe a short phone call, and a bit of GPRS hunting when the signal is not that good. I just installed the power manager to see if there is any real use of it...

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
Mate...I've always disputed the battery andusic thing..your guaranteed to run out faster..I know it has that function and beats etc..but I pods or mp3 players do a much better job in every department and don't waste your phone battery. I'm getting a day and a half and I'm a fairly heavy user..I play the odd game. Text a lot to my wife lol..and surf the web. Its all about what your using...
One plus side..I use free beats earphones on my iPod and it sounds fing amazing.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App

Reactions: vasp3690

vasp3690

Apr 23, 2012
Do the cases and general heat from keeping the phone in the pocket have any affect on the battery life?

sent using HTC1S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mate...I've always disputed the battery andusic thing..your guaranteed to run out faster..I know it has that function and beats etc..but I pods or mp3 players do a much better job in every department and don't waste your phone battery. I'm getting a day and a half and I'm a fairly heavy user..I play the odd game. Text a lot to my wife lol..and surf the web. Its all about what your using...
    One plus side..I use free beats earphones on my iPod and it sounds fing amazing.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App