[ROM][NIGHTLY][RC1/RC2/STABLE] CyanogenMod 9 (Wingray/Stingray)

Search This thread

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Pff, finally got it booted up with last saturday's build after trying the others...
Can I flash the newest version safely now? Or should I wait for the next update?

I'm running yesterdays build but know not to change lock screen wallpaper, everything else I find to be fine and functional

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
Ok guys, I have attached an experimental build for Stingray and for Wingray. The builds include the latest upstream merges, a fix for changing the lockscreen background, new kernel, new lockscreen weather icons, and a few build optimizations. In order to use the Stingray build you will need to be on the new radios. In the future most builds that we need fixes/experimental options tested on will be posted on my G+. Let me know what you guys think, and as always, we appreciate the help and support!

Wingray test build- http://tinyw.in/fUyJ

Stingray test build- http://tinyw.in/6fci

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Ok guys, I have attached an experimental build for Stingray and for Wingray. The builds include the latest upstream merges, a fix for changing the lockscreen background, new kernel, new lockscreen weather icons, and a few build optimizations. In order to use the Stingray build you will need to be on the new radios. In the future most builds that we need fixes/experimental options tested on will be posted on my G+. Let me know what you guys think, and as always, we appreciate the help and support!

Cheers, will be testing this in the next 15mins! Does this have a fix for the CRT on/off animation?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Changed the lock screen wallpaper to a custom image and once again it rebooted and now won't boot up! So i'm hard rebooting it and getting into recovery to restore a nandroid. This is the wingray build by the way

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
Strange, I have tried all of the lockscreen options and have not had a single issue with the test build. Guess well need a logcat if others are able to duplicate the problem on the test build.

matt4321

Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
Strange, I have tried all of the lockscreen options and have not had a single issue with the test build. Guess well need a logcat if others are able to duplicate the problem on the test build.

Sorry, no logcat(hopefully matt4321 has provided what you need), but I have tested the wingray experimental build and a solid colour lockscreen produced a bootloop.
Apart from sharing this same bug it seems smoother than 0614. Is this kernel related?

Swyped from my Xoom

HairyMerkin

Mar 5, 2010
I flashed the experimental (I don't use a lockscreen)

No problems so far, I'll edit this post if I do.

It feels a lot quicker though.

gibbs1984

Aug 17, 2010
Hemel Hempstead (North West London)
Use the experimental Wingray version and changed the lockscreen wallpaper to a different one that my homescreen and haven't had a restart/bootloop at all, that was about 5 minutes ago.

Everything is running smooth and really fast apart from the app draw which I still find has a little stutter, nothing major though.

Oh, just noticed that the two keyboard symbols are still there, again nothing major.

3efe8e97-b38d-9714.jpg

3efe8e97-b3a1-db8e.jpg

3efe8e97-b43e-2560.jpg

PengLord

Oct 24, 2007

I tried searching for the new radio but came up empty. Has anybody pulled them and made a flashable installer yet? or will I need to restore to stock to apply them?

serranom

Sep 6, 2011
Reactions: PengLord

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
180+ Maintainers > 4 devs?

Perhaps, but I'd say us four give 180 one hell of a run for the money.

Just sayin

I loved teamEOS ROM on my xoom for a long long time but since I tested cm9 on my mz601, I haven't reverted back.

I will keep up on EOS and hope a release gets me interested again as I constantly strive for 'the best' for my devices. Means I try out 1 to 7 roms a week for my devices but I have enough time, home raising up two kids with my wife,plus can't work due to injury and chronic pain so I have enough time. It's been a never ending source of time consumption having custom kernels, OSes and whatnot in the 20 years since installing Linux pre 1.0 :D

Children, not needing to work, motorbikes and customising various things is fantastic, wouldn't have it any other way. Sorry for off tangent rambling it's my morning pain meds kicking in :p

Last edited:

PengLord

Oct 24, 2007
Loaded up the experimental Stingray build with the new radios.
First and only issues (thus far) is the message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." Not exactly a deal breaker.

I haven't done much beyond booting it yet and I keep my service on it suspended. It does recognize the Verizon network though.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9 For the Motorola Xoom
    (Stingray & Wingray)

iiAeqEtmaEaTK.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Wipe the data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Flash CyanogenMod 9.
    5. Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Changelog:

Wingray Nightly Changelog

Stingray Nightly Changelog

Gerrit Merge Changelog

Download Links:

Wingray (Wifi-Only)-

Nightly Downloads: link

Release Candidates:
    9.0.0 RC1/RC2

Stable Releases:
    9.0.0 Stable

Stingray (LTE)-

Nightly Downloads: link

Release Candidates: Pending

Stable Releases: Pending

Gapps-

Select most recent for 9.0.x: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​
    Just a heads up on whats going on:

We are working on adding an "advanced" tab to the menu settings. The main purpose of it is to add device specific additions to the build. For now it will likely only include a charge light toggle.

We are also working on a fix for the screen off animation (CRT). For now it will be removed from the build due to the reboot issue its causing.

CM9 is all about having a stable lean build with solid features added in. It will likely not include a ton of the add ons you may be familiar with from other roms. It is still not finished and you will see a few more really cool features merged in over the course of the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the ride!
    We will be flipping the switch very soon for official CM10 nightlies :D
    Alright guys, a few updates and comments for ya:

-We have new builds that will include an "advanced" tab in the main menu. For now the only item it will contain is a toggle for the charging light. We are however trying to figure out a few small issues with it before the code is merged into nightlies. In the meantime I might release a test build that includes it for Wingray and Stingray on my G+ so keep an eye out if your interested.

-In terms of supporting Everest, we are still unsure if we will. It's very hard for us to test since no one on our team has one of there units. We are in a similar situation with Stingray but thanks to some great testers on my G+ we were able to remedy the situation. We are going to look into it and I will keep you posted with what we decide to do.

-With Jellybean source being released just the corner we are starting to get our "ducks in a row". Hopefully everything merges smooth and we can have nightlies kicking out shortly after we get source, but its impossible to say until we know what were up against. Most likely test builds for this will be posted up on my G+ page in the future. As always remember, "NO ETA's"!

-We want to say thank you to the people who help others out on this thread. I know it can get frustrating when people ask the same questions over and over or ask questions that are clearly answered in the OP. I'm not able to constantly monitor this thread so the help you provide to others does not go unnoticed and its very very much appreciated!

-Last but not least, thank you everyone else for your support! I will keep you updated with new information as soon as I can. Looking forward to Jelly Bean!
    CM10 test builds are posted on my G+ plus account for: Stingray, Wingray, as well as Everest. As soon as nightlies start rolling out I will update this thread to reflect CM10. Enjoy!