[Q] Galaxy S2 Wifi and Bluetooth problems.

Search This thread

ADONIS|

Jun 6, 2012
Hi everyone!

I recently got a t-mobile galaxy s2. After having it for a week, I rooted it and tried different roms. The last rom that I installed on it was an alpha version of cyanogenmod 9. Everything was working perfectly for a few days and then I started having problems.

The problems are with my wifi and bluetooth, they wouldn't turn on. When wifi did turn on, the phone slowed down and then turned off after a few mins. Thinking this was a cause of rooting, I decided to go back to stock. I wiped everything, formatted the internal sd card, cleared all caches and completely restored everything to stock using odin and the problem won't go away.

Now I'm running stock touchwiz gingerbread rom and when I turn on wifi, it just says "error". I was only able to get it going once and thats when the phone got extremely slow and turned off.

Also it seems like everytime the phone turns off from wifi, the battery looses like 7-10% and it gets really hot.

Here are my questions,

Is this a hardware problem?

I don't have warranty because I bought it from another person. Can I send it out for a warranty repair somehow?

Thanks in advance.

ADONIS|

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for replying.

Did your phone freeze and restart as well?

I called up samsung and they asked me to ship the phone..sent me a shipping label and etc. The problem is, I bought this phone from someone on craigslist. Will I need a receipt? So far it seems like they want me to ship just the phone.

Also I went back to stock completely with odin, do I need to do this as well?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1578184
[Flashable] Odin/Flash-Counter Reset SGH-T989D (Telus) and SGH-T989 (Tmo)

edit: Forgot to add, how can I check if my phone is good to go for warranty repairs?

edit2: Ok I did some research and figured it out. Will update when I get the phone back

Last edited:

tarmacx

Sep 4, 2008
Same here...

Problem started with Bluetooth (dont remember which ROM) but I dont use wifi often so I dont know if it started at the same time. Then I switch from ROM to ROM for awhile... now my phone is kinda messed up.

I had the same problem as you, one of the phone which had a very bad battery life did not put the bluetooth to sleep and the phone got pretty hot. Something similar must have happenned to the wifi (same IC maybe?)

I think the IC is now messed up because I returned to stock, (recovery and all) did it 3 times, tried stock ICS stock GB. Then for no reason yesterday, Yay wifi working again, and bluetooth.. but by the end of the day, dead again !

So I get stuck with a wifi that can't turn on/off and a bluetooth that works when it want to...
I even tried messing with my /efs (everything was fine... I think...)
My Wifi & bluetooth MAC address are "unavailable" so I guess it's back to Samsung...
I saw some people complaining about this problem and saying Samsung products are not good... I must say that I owuld not have this problem if I stayed stock... like when I rooted my HTC desire and the "flashlight" turned on and burnt the LED... not HTC's fault... anyway anyone have another dea to try ?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Also,

I read like hundreds differents forums about this issue... most if not all of them ended sending their phone to Sammy...

Some did not search very hard for a solution but still. Many have reported that Sammy changed the motherboard, so I guess it's not all our fault ?

syedfaz26

Jun 9, 2009
Houston
Hi has anyone noticed issues with bluetooth headset keep getting disconnected every 2 mins after this ics update? i have Voyager pro HD which was working fine on GB and problem started after this update.

retrotim

Jan 23, 2012
Travis AFB
Has anyone ever fixed this problem? I have been having the same problem for about a year now and I can't seem to find a solution.

TripArtist

Dec 11, 2011
Kelowna
I had this start with my phone around December 2012. It only affected Bluetooth, so I didn't worry too much as I don't use Bluetooth. Then my Wi-Fi started copping out about a month ago. I did some research, and it looks like it's hardware related.

I have an extended warranty that I've paid into every month since I bought it (December 2011). I called the warranty company up, and because it was out of manufacturer's warranty, I had to drop $150 on a new phone. I also spent close to an hour trying to explain to them that I had done nothing wrong to the phone. Apparently, it is in the same category as it being stolen or broken. I was so choked. I've babied this phone like crazy, in fact, it still has the protective cover you find on it when you open it fresh out of the box (I just cut off the tab). I was livid.

Well, my amazing wife ended up calling Samsung directly. The call lasted 5 minutes and they didn't even question the integrity of the phone (other than what I did to fix it and the problem itself). The representative said that because we had never called them before, they would replace it for us, free of charge. I question that they might know there is a defect that happens as this isn't a one-off, but I'm very satisfied with their service. I'll be

If you can produce your original receipt, call Samsung. They should do the same thing for you as they're doing for me. Ironically enough, I'm reverting everything back to stock and backing everything up and happened to see your post. :)

Hope this helps and good luck.

TripArtist

Dec 11, 2011
Kelowna
So just a bit of a bump/update:

I sent my phone in to be repaired (honored by Samsung) and once I got it back, it worked for a while. Shortly thereafter, it started acting up again. I noticed on the sheet showing what they did for service, was apparently doing a re-flash of the original ROM and a factory reset.

Funny thing is, I used a branded TELUS ROM that wasn't exactly stock. If you pressed and held the power button, it would automatically restart... which I found fishy. I saw that this was the exact same ROM that I had put on there once I got it back, so I doubt any flashing took place. All that was done was that factory reset.

Now, to the credit of the factory reset, it worked for a brief while, but ended up with the same issue.

I'm in the midst of doing some diagnostics, but I'm not familiar with logcat. I'm back to the latest PAC build as no other ROM made a difference. I'm going to tinker for a few more days, but I'm pretty sure I'm back to square one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the Wifi error also, had to send it in for repair. Make sure you Odin everything back to stock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium