[Q] APN keeps switching

Search This thread

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
I've been having a problem across a couple ROMs where my APN settings keep switching from T-Mobile LTE to MetroPCS LTE. Is there any way to lock in T-Mobile LTE? I tried APN Manager but it FC when I try to open it, guessing not working with 4.4.x. Anyone have any ideas?

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
Delete the other useless APNs? To get them back, reset to default will automatically get the APN list from the sim.

Last edited:

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
The APN that's named MetroPCS uses the same settings as 4g CDMA I think. If you have the $60 plan I don't think that's something to worry about. But if you have the limited data plans there's no way around salvaging whatever 4g speeds you have left. Even if you set your mobile settings as 3g only, I'm pretty sure it also says in writing that the FIRST 500mb or 2.5 GB of data that adds up to 500mb or 2.5gb throttles you...

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
The APN that's named MetroPCS uses the same settings as 4g CDMA I think. If you have the $60 plan I don't think that's something to worry about. But if you have the limited data plans there's no way around salvaging whatever 4g speeds you have left. Even if you set your mobile settings as 3g only, I'm pretty sure it also says in writing that the FIRST 500mb or 2.5 GB of data that adds up to 500mb or 2.5gb throttles you...

Fortunately I'm on the unlimited everything plan. Ok, so good, it shouldn't affect anything then. Thanks man.